Galaxy S9 Series user thread

SturgeonGeneral

1 minute ago, pokefan02 said:

There are no updates showing for my Sprint S9+. Is your phone Sprint or unlocked?

Unlocked.  I received another one a few weeks ago as well.

My new Samsung Galaxy S9 purchased last week is set to automatic update. There have been a few updates since I brought it out into the real world.

It shows:

Baseband version G960USQ3ARI4

Build number:  R16NW.G960USQS3ARI4

How does that compare to what you are posting?

2 hours ago, Jeff68005 said:

My new Samsung Galaxy S9 purchased last week is set to automatic update. There have been a few updates since I brought it out into the real world.

It shows:

Baseband version G960USQ3ARI4

Build number:  R16NW.G960USQS3ARI4

How does that compare to what you are posting?

That's the latest firmware.

AS I indicated, I just acquired my Galaxy S9.  A lot of excitement about 5x5, 10x10, etc was created just before I went to other things.

SCP is showing some reports of B25 and Band B41 with superscripts of 2 or 3.  Does the Galaxy make any use of those possibilities assuming the tower has those to offer?

4 hours ago, Jeff68005 said:

AS I indicated, I just acquired my Galaxy S9.  A lot of excitement about 5x5, 10x10, etc was created just before I went to other things.

SCP is showing some reports of B25 and Band B41 with superscripts of 2 or 3.  Does the Galaxy make any use of those possibilities assuming the tower has those to offer?

GS9 has pretty much all the tech Sprint supports and more..

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Don't know if I am losing my mind or not, but I am not able to receive a text notification while on the phone. I am using Android Messages and can receive an audible notification along with vibration, but the minute I am on a call, all of that stops. I do continue to receive a notification in the notification bar.  Is anyone else having this issue? 

1 hour ago, NanoVirus said:

Don't know if I am losing my mind or not, but I am not able to receive a text notification while on the phone. I am using Android Messages and can receive an audible notification along with vibration, but the minute I am on a call, all of that stops. I do continue to receive a notification in the notification bar.  Is anyone else having this issue? 

Isn't that intentional? It's so that while you're on the phone the the party doesn't hear a vibration or beep when you get a notification.

• 2 weeks later...
9 hours ago, BlueAngel said:

No VoLTE that I can see.

2wcl7vn.jpg

Yup, no VoLTE I can confirm.  I do have a question though.  The last galaxy I had before my s9 was the s2 so I am not too familiar with how their baseband radio updates work.  For the s9 does the baseband version change every time there is a system update regardless if there is actually new radio firmware?  The reason I ask is because every security update we get the baseband version changes but the update size seems too small to contain radio firmware too.  I used htc phones for the past 6 years or so and the baseband version would only change when there was new radio firmware.  

55 minutes ago, deankelem said:

Yup, no VoLTE I can confirm.  I do have a question though.  The last galaxy I had before my s9 was the s2 so I am not too familiar with how their baseband radio updates work.  For the s9 does the baseband version change every time there is a system update regardless if there is actually new radio firmware?  The reason I ask is because every security update we get the baseband version changes but the update size seems too small to contain radio firmware too.  I used htc phones for the past 6 years or so and the baseband version would only change when there was new radio firmware.  

Basebands almost always gets updated with modern Samsung devices. You will notice most times that network performance changes quite often (most are subtle differences)

• 3 weeks later...