Galaxy S9 Series user thread

SturgeonGeneral

2 minutes ago, Dkoellerwx said:

No, @Rickie546 has as Sprint variant S9+ and it refuses to LTE roam on USCC or AT&T. I'm not sure if he's been elsewhere to test any of the other extended network partners. 

Poor Rickie. I'll keep an eye out for proof (don't roam much in Madison anymore thankfully), but I drove out to Western Wisconsin in early June and was connected B12 LTE from USCC according to SCP. 

• Like 1

Anyone know how to force this damn phone onto my mb? The s8+ in the house automatically connects to the mb before we even enter the apartment but my s9+ will take anywhere from 15 minutes to several hours befure it realizes there's a blazing fast and infinitely faster b41 connection available for use instead of mostly useless b25 or 26. 

At times, airplane mode cycling helps but usually it does not. Again, all the while the s8+ is happily connected to b41 from the MB. 

What gives? 

Anyone know how to force this damn phone onto my mb? The s8+ in the house automatically connects to the mb before we even enter the apartment but my s9+ will take anywhere from 15 minutes to several hours befure it realizes there's a blazing fast and infinitely faster b41 connection available for use instead of mostly useless b25 or 26. 
At times, airplane mode cycling helps but usually it does not. Again, all the while the s8+ is happily connected to b41 from the MB. 
What gives? 
How long have you had it? It should eventually learn the RF environment, and learn what is available in places that you frequent. It's stored in the modem. You can try wiping provisioning data (*#*#72786#*#*) and that may clear this cache and force it to start fresh.

Also, what band is the phone connected to? I've noticed that phones prefer a weak macro b41 signal to the magic box, and my Pixel 2 XL regularly switches from my magic box to a weak macro signal in areas of my house where I pick it up. Once it drops to b25 or 26 it immediately goes back to the magic box. It's possible the S9 is better at holding the macro b41 signal than the s8+.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Not working yet and don't see any opt-in options in settings. Maybe Sprint has to do something on the network side or it's really delayed.....

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

I have a feeling the usual with Sprint they are really delayed rolling it out to Android devices and on the network side to. But then again let's see maybe they will surprise us.

Sent from my SM-N960U1 using Tapatalk

51 minutes ago, Terrell352 said:

I wonder what it was? The August security update is already out so it had to be something else.

I noticed a few things... after the update it forced a profile update. There also was an update to the Samsung Phone application. I think it is prepping for VoLTE for sure. 

• Like 1

I noticed a few things... after the update it forced a profile update. There also was an update to the Samsung Phone application. I think it is prepping for VoLTE for sure. 
Agreed