Galaxy S9 Series user thread

SturgeonGeneral

While you were at the Sprint store you should have compared the Sprint S9 to see if speeds are different. See if this works. Dial ##data# go to view, LTE and go down to B25 TM9 and see if it's enabled or not.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

I got better speeds with this one in Hartford South Dakota. That one is either congested or not enough Backhaul.d1ec349535cfa0bfa0b509484d7879a6.jpgfb8285d48e8a46b26e5eb37580e4ba6c.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Awesome! 

That said, my s9+ has a very hard time connecting to my magic box while the s8+ here in the same apartment seems to connect the moment it's in range. Both obviously have all 3 bands and HPUE enabled so I guess that couldn't have anything to do with it. 

6 hours ago, JonnygATL said:

Awesome! 

That said, my s9+ has a very hard time connecting to my magic box while the s8+ here in the same apartment seems to connect the moment it's in range. Both obviously have all 3 bands and HPUE enabled so I guess that couldn't have anything to do with it. 

Do you see a major difference in b25 performance between the S8 and S9. Could you test that?

1 hour ago, Terrell352 said:

Do you see a major difference in b25 performance between the S8 and S9. Could you test that?

S9+ is better in every aspect network and performance wise. I've had the 8+ as well.

Edited by BlueAngel

21 hours ago, BlueAngel said:

S9+ is better in every aspect network and performance wise. I've had the 8+ as well.

Just bought the unlocked S9+ today and I believe you. Boy oh boy do I believe you.

9 minutes ago, Terrell352 said:

I'm so used to not having updates I'm starting not to care.

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk

There are things that need fixing though, the last samsung phone I buy most likely.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, BlueAngel said:

There are things that need fixing though, the last samsung phone I buy most likely.

What sort of issues exist? Last weekend I upgraded my wife's S7 Edge to the S9+ and she's very happy with it so far.  She used to drop calls 2-3 times during her short 10 min commute to work, now she holds on to her calls for the entire drive.  Happy wife, happy life, right? :)

19 minutes ago, bill875 said:

What sort of issues exist? Last weekend I upgraded my wife's S7 Edge to the S9+ and she's very happy with it so far.  She used to drop calls 2-3 times during her short 10 min commute to work, now she holds on to her calls for the entire drive.  Happy wife, happy life, right? :)

Black level bandings issues, and a few others I can't think of ATM. Hasn't been an update since before the launch date.

Just found out. Its HPUE!

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Wow I've been wondering what that means also. So if I turned that off would I really notice a difference on B41?

Wow I've been wondering what that means also. So if I turned that off would I really notice a difference on B41?

On my S8+ I did lots of comparisons and found virtually no difference in speed and if anything coverage was a little better without HPUE. I have a S9+ as of today so I need to check but I can say the S9+ without question has better network performance than the S8+ across the board.

3 hours ago, Tengen31 said:

3 hours ago, Terrell352 said:

On my S8+ I did lots of comparisons and found virtually no difference in speed and if anything coverage was a little better without HPUE. I have a S9+ as of today so I need to check but I can say the S9+ without question has better network performance than the S8+ across the board.

HPUE would not affect speed at all. Remember it only really has an effect at edge of cell by boosting your outbound signal, allowing you to hold the signal longer than without HPUE. I can say without a doubt that HPUE helps me to hold a signal in weaker areas where previously I could not hold a B41 signal. 

• Like 1

HPUE would not affect speed at all. Remember it only really has an effect at edge of cell by boosting your outbound signal, allowing you to hold the signal longer than without HPUE. I can say without a doubt that HPUE helps me to hold a signal in weaker areas where previously I could not hold a B41 signal. 
I dont know what the problem is but that is not the case for the S8

On 6/1/2018 at 8:31 PM, bill875 said:

I've had a real struggle with auto-brightness always being wrong lately. My wife on her S9 has had this issue as well. Frustrating to say the least. That's really the only issue we've seen. The double notifications from things like Twitter are annoying but I'm used to them now. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, mmark27 said:

I've had a real struggle with auto-brightness always being wrong lately. My wife on her S9 has had this issue as well. Frustrating to say the least. That's really the only issue we've seen. The double notifications from things like Twitter are annoying but I'm used to them now. 

The phone definitely has a few bugs, like the auto brightness being way to slow to adjust, also my Android auto no longer auto connects. But for the most part, its the most stable Sammy I've ever owned.

On 6/2/2018 at 12:25 AM, Terrell352 said:

Interesting.  My boyfriend's S8+ gets great coverage in our place while my S9 + struggles to even get 1mbps. Really the reverse of what most are saying. And his phone LOVES our magic box. My phone and the MB are barely even on speaking terms.  Lol

• Like 2

11 hours ago, mmark27 said:

Go to settings ---> display ---> tap auto brightness ---> reset usage patterns 

See if that helps 

• Like 1