Galaxy S9 Series user thread

SturgeonGeneral

Has anyone else encountered this weird behavior where after a Duo video call, the LTE status stays in the notification bar? I've even found that I can use this issue to force a VoLTE call. If I do a video call using Duo and then hang up, I trigger the LTE status bug. Then if I make a call via WiFi Calling and in the middle of the call shut off WiFi, I can continue the call and use data at the same time over LTE.

Edit: I should note that I use an unlocked GS9+ so I don't have Calling Plus on my device.

Eriek0l.jpg7aXhyav.jpg

Got the GS9 on Monday last week. Its my first Samsung phone and I'm not a fan of the launcher at all. I didn't mind the launcher on the LG g4 or v20. Also Samsung has so many apps that are the same as the google equivalent, a lot more than LG had. I've downloaded all the google apps, hidden the Samsung apps and changed the launcher and I love this Phone. The RF performance is amazing compared to every phone I've had and the last phone was the Essential PH-1 so its a huge difference. Can't wait for 4x4MIMO and 256QAM to go live on B41. In NYC sprint could really use this since all the other carriers have started using LAA and can achieve speeds over 500MBPS

• Like 2

22 hours ago, Paynefanbro said:

Has anyone else encountered this weird behavior where after a Duo video call, the LTE status stays in the notification bar? I've even found that I can use this issue to force a VoLTE call. If I do a video call using Duo and then hang up, I trigger the LTE status bug. Then if I make a call via WiFi Calling and in the middle of the call shut off WiFi, I can continue the call and use data at the same time over LTE.

I'm not sure what's new about this? "Calling Plus" the updated Wi-Fi calling setting allows for calls to go from Wi-Fi to LTE. At least it has allowed that on my LG G6 since I got the Calling Plus update last October. 

Just now, Dkoellerwx said:

I'm not sure what's new about this? "Calling Plus" the updated Wi-Fi calling setting allows for calls to go from Wi-Fi to LTE. At least it has allowed that on my LG G6 since I got the Calling Plus update last October. 

I use an unlocked GS9+ so I don't have Calling Plus on my phone.

3 hours ago, Paynefanbro said:

I use an unlocked GS9+ so I don't have Calling Plus on my phone.

It's not officially supported but you can turn on Calling Plus.  I'm using Calling Plus on both of my Unlocked Galaxy S8+ and Galaxy S9+ devices.  Search my posts for the DIY tutorial if you're interested.

Just now, optimummind said:

It's not officially supported but you can turn on Calling Plus.  I'm using Calling Plus on both of my Unlocked Galaxy S8+ and Galaxy S9+ devices.  Search my posts for the DIY tutorial if you're interested.

Thanks! I know that I can, I just never cared to go through the process when I got the device and realized that I didn't necessarily miss the feature much. However it is cool to see a call complete over LTE without Calling Plus.

On 5/13/2018 at 5:00 PM, Paynefanbro said:

Edit: I should note that I use an unlocked GS9+ so I don't have Calling Plus on my device.

I have, only way to fix it is a reboot. If we ever get an update, might fix it

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

I may have discovered why my battery life sucks, was just looking under battery stats and saw Facebook has been active in the background for over 4 hours, I disabled it from running in the background let's hope that fixes the problem. Currently at 66% and I hardly used my phone today since I am at work.

I may have discovered why my battery life sucks, was just looking under battery stats and saw Facebook has been active in the background for over 4 hours, I disabled it from running in the background let's hope that fixes the problem. Currently at 66% and I hardly used my phone today since I am at work.
Facebook is known to do this. It's killed batteries for years.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

• Like 1
  • Love 1

15 minutes ago, ingenium said:

Facebook is known to do this. It's killed batteries for years.

I know this haven't had it this bad in a long while, same goes with Instagram had to disable that running in the background too.

3 minutes ago, BlueAngel said:

I know this haven't had it this bad in a long while, same goes with Instagram had to disable that running in the background too.

Yeah, my battery life has been pretty stellar, but I'll keep an eye out for rouge Facebooks! I occasionally will go to the Device Maintenance tool in settings and wipe everyone out. Maybe that's helping me. Who knows. 

Hi all,

I was googleing " SM-G965U " and I found this thread. 

To make a long story short...my phone is SM-G965U (AT&T unlocked). I was wondering if  i can use this phone for unlimited BYOD free plan? 

I got the message "This phone can't be activated Sorry, but this phone can't be activated with Sprint service." by using this checker.

https://www.sprint.com/en/shop/bring-your-phone-to-sprint.html?INTNAV=LP:BYOD

Does my only option now is to wait for Samsung to released "brand switching" for the S9+?

Can I go corporate store and ask them to  activate the ESN or do a "clickit ticket" in order to whitelist my S9+.

Sorry, I have no idea what is the "clickit ticket" ....just googleing and trying to solve the puzzle.

Thanks all!

Edited by skymax
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, skymax said:

Hi all,

I was googleing " SM-G965U " and I found this thread. 

To make a long story short...my phone is SM-G965U (AT&T unlocked). I was wondering if  i can use this phone for unlimited BYOD free plan? 

I got the message "This phone can't be activated Sorry, but this phone can't be activated with Sprint service." by using this checker.

https://www.sprint.com/en/shop/bring-your-phone-to-sprint.html?INTNAV=LP:BYOD

Does my only option now is to wait for Samsung to released "brand switching" for the S9+?

Can I go corporate store and ask them to  activate the ESN or do a "clickit ticket" in order to whitelist my S9+.

Sorry, I have no idea what is the "clickit ticket" ....just googleing and trying to solve the puzzle.

Thanks all!

I have no clue, but you should ask in the Sprint forums. Sprint folks that know will respond to you there: 

https://community.sprint.com/t5/Samsung-Galaxy-S-Series/bd-p/GalaxyS8

Otherwise call in. Sprint's CSRs have really improved lately. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, BlueAngel said:

Battery is still crap but just saw this, might be the real reason why it's been erroring out since the 10th of April about when my battery took a shit. Just uninstalled it hopefully that was it.

16ibpyt.jpg

Whoa 763 errors! Ha ha. See ya, Sensorly. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, mmark27 said:

Whoa 763 errors! Ha ha. See ya, Sensorly. 

Yeah that's just in the last 7 days, this is going back to early April... The log was huge lol goodbye is right I don't really map anymore either.

Well getting rid of sensorly made a big difference in battery life, left work with 72%. Was leaving work before at around 50% if not a little lower. Glad I figured out my issue.
Yeah Sensorly was always the culprit when I noticed dramatically worse battery life. Somehow it seemed to reenable active background reporting (or maybe they call it passive) even when I hadn't used the app in months.

Update: I can pretty much confirm that on my unlocked GS9+ if I start a call over WiFi and I turn off WiFi, the phone call will continue over LTE. If I try to make a call while not connected to WiFi, it'll drop down to 1x. It's basically mimicking the behavior we see with iPhones now. Can anyone else with an unlocked GS9 or GS9+ confirm?

So another week down still no update, it's really sad a company the size of Samsung can't push out an update. One update was released before the offical launch date and none since. Seriously does not add up, to the point that when my lease is up I'll no longer be using a Samsung phone.

• Like 1

So another week down still no update, it's really sad a company the size of Samsung can't push out an update. One update was released before the offical launch date and none since. Seriously does not add up, to the point that when my lease is up I'll no longer be using a Samsung phone.

Seems like Samsung has problems updating their phones

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

Seems like Samsung has problems updating their phones

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
You'd think having a thousand different models wouldn't create a software update nightmare for them. :D But honestly, I bet they spend very little time on updates for their low-end models. I wonder how many never even get a single update..

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

• Like 1