Galaxy S9 Series user thread

SturgeonGeneral

It's not unheard of to get multiple updates in a week, but you're unlocked so that may be different. I'm expecting the final pie update to roll out this week, Samsung said January for the update so it's very likely this week if not next week for sure. I'm on the beta so I'm hoping it's today but I doubt it.

Does that mean unlocked will get it first? Or does Sprint decide when to push the pie update? 
I believe that the unlocked version will receive the update last. I think Samsung waits for all the carriers to approve before pushing to the unlocked phone.

Sent from my SM-G960U1 using Tapatalk

VOLTE popped up on my S9 plus for a few mins then when away. I even made a call on it and, it worked. Now it when away. Anyone else getting it on there's?

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk

VOLTE popped up on my S9 plus for a few mins then when away. I even made a call on it and, it worked. Now it when away. Anyone else getting it on there's?

Are you connected to a magic box or airave now? Neither of those support VoLTE at the moment, and it will be disabled if/when you're connected to one.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

Are you connected to a magic box or airave now? Neither of those support VoLTE at the moment, and it will be disabled if/when you're connected to one.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

Was connected to a cell tower at the time

Reports on sammobile that vz is getting the pie update now for s9. You would think unlocked would be sooner, not dead last to receive any updates. It is an odd business model where buying directly from the manufacturer is the way to get the slowest support. 

20 minutes ago, livetaswim06 said:

Reports on sammobile that vz is getting the pie update now for s9. You would think unlocked would be sooner, not dead last to receive any updates. It is an odd business model where buying directly from the manufacturer is the way to get the slowest support. 

Same for the people on the beta who were supposed to get it before non beta people.

Are you guys getting stable release ota? I assume this is for a branded sprint s9, not the unlocked one. 
I just checked mine and no update available I have the unlocked model, even the the Sim card installed the Sprint firmware.

Oh heavens to Betsy, the shutter sound toggle is STILL in the camera app!! Are non-beta users still seeing the camera shutter sound toggle in Camera Settings?? 

Yeah, no VoLTE yet. Night mode actually sticks now! Camera seems faster, but they kept the swipe format for video recording, which nearly every user in the Beta complained about. Thanks a lot Samsung. (previously it was just a button inside the regular camera mode, which many felt was more convenient). Clock is still on the left instead of the right (no toggle to change that I can find), but that's to prep for the camera punchout on the S10. 

I'll have to test out call quality on WiFi calling, LTE calling, and standard. Was not the best on the Betas for me. 

I have the S9+ and I was on the Beta. My update was 243 MB in size instead of 2 giggles.