Sign in to follow this  
Thomas L.

Le Max 2 (Using on Sprint/whitelisting?)

Hello all!

So I have a Le Max 2 - it's a decent phone other than the fingerprint reader, at least once you put a custom ROM on it, but it has pretty could custom ROM support. I bought it because I currently live in China and it supports TD-SCDMA and band 38/39/40/41 for China Mobile, but it also supports BC0/1 CDMA and 25/26/41 for Sprint and 2/4/12 for T- Mobile. The only thing it doesn't support is BC10 CDMA. The only issue is it's totally unrecognized by US carriers. I have heard that Sprint will now whitelist IMEIs - I was wondering if there should be any problems with this? How does Sprint activate devices now? In the old days it was NV programming - is it now based on RUIM/SIM and the IMEI whitelist? Do I have to go into a store to get it whitelisted?

Thanks all!

Thomas

if its not on the approved list of BYOD than you can't use it.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• large.unreadcontent.png.6ef00db54e758d06

• gallery_1_23_9202.png

• I assume the FCC and DOJ were waiting on this security sign off. DOJ will follow and then the FCC ...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    • Since people often don't like change, I could see a mad rush once the merger is approved but before it takes effect.  The first of three hurdles has been jumped (national security demand that parent firms get rid of Huawei has been accepted).  DOJ and FCC remain.
    • At least in Samsung markets with AirHarmony small cells, the PCI of small cells is 450 or greater.  EARFCN would be another way, but that sometimes gets location specific. GCI  would be another way, but then you would need to know the MM cutoff point for each market (we have those for Ohio)
    • Thank you Mike one of the guys clarified it. Good to know I wasn’t seeing things lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    • The app already uses EARFCN as the primary means to identify the LTE band.. it will try to match a GCI pattern first, but if there are no matches or the "guessed" band does not match EARFCN data that appears to be valid, it uses the EARFCN instead. Since there are so many B14 sector possibilities right now, I don't think I will continue adding them beyond what is programmed now. Most newer devices on newer Android builds are properly reporting EARFCN, with some exceptions (issues with B66/B71 most notably). GCI pattern matching has become most useful to identify "special" cells (MM/SC/MB/Airave/etc) as well as multiple carriers.   I know this was answered elsewhere, but for the benefit of anyone who comes along later -- a small cell second carrier has been identified that follows the same GCI pattern as one sector of a Mini-Macro second carrier. Since the app has no way to know which one it is, it displays both indicators when this occurs. -Mike