sprint network 2018 predictions

danlodish345

No this would be solely in SouthernLINC territory.  I think spectrum sharing would greatly improve both networks' performance.  
I definitely do not disagree with you. If you can share the resources you have a better experience overall and some more attractive Network in those areas.

Sent from my VS996 using Tapatalk

They have already started lining up LTE roaming agreements with AT&T. I think that points to the future quite clearly. There plan should be to get VoLTE up and running before VZW shuts down their CDMA network. If They manage that, then they will have more raoming partners to choose from in most location. It might even reduce the cost of roaming for them. But They are going to have to fix their native network first. 
Oh yes they still got plenty of work to do on their Network. I will acknowledge they have made significant improvements. But they still have a long way to go there native Network and after that fixed as you said they should definitely in roaming agreements.

Sent from my VS996 using Tapatalk

I am hoping there is at least an "opt-in" way to do VoLTE on iOS by the end of 2018. Kind of like how Verizon added the feature when they rolled it out, but it wasn't on by default.

My market is totally ready for it, but I understand that many aren't quite there yet.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, OhioCalling said:

Intresting, FORBES Will Townsend predicts Sprint wins 5G Race and that Nokia and Ericcson will merge.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/moorinsights/2018/01/10/3-predictions-for-telecommunications-and-enterprise-networking-in-2018/#7668ffd7776d

We will shall see what happens with Sprint...no one can predict what will happen....I m just hoping Sprint really kicks it into high gear to improve even faster..but we will see.

• Like 1

On 1/9/2018 at 1:11 PM, RAvirani said:

Sprint and SouthernLINC's combined SMR holdings are 813.5-824 (uplink) and 858.5-869 (downlink).  If they shared spectrum, they would have room for a 10x10 L800 carrier and a single 1x800 carrier.  

I’d be almost willing to guarantee that won’t happen. I know the people working on the SoLINC LTE network, and none of that is in their plans.

17 minutes ago, Wireless Junkie said:

I’d be almost willing to guarantee that won’t happen. I know the people working on the SoLINC LTE network, and none of that is in their plans.

Passing up the opportunity would be stupid on SoLINC’s part. Both parties would benifit greatly from spectrum sharing. 

But I understand what you’re saying — sometimes people are a little stubborn. What can you do ?‍♂️

7 minutes ago, RAvirani said:

Passing up the opportunity would be stupid on SoLINC’s part. Both parties would benifit greatly from spectrum sharing. 

But I understand what you’re saying — sometimes people are a little stubborn. What can you do ?‍♂️

I’d invite you to do business with SoLINC sometime haha. They are very set in their ways and do business very differently than any other wireless provider I have dealt with.

Their #1 priority is taking care of the power company workers and ensuring their PTT services are reliable throughout the coverage area. Their second priority is taking care of the business segment customers to generate a little ROI on the network they only run for the power company.

They had ample opportunities to do business with NEXTEL, but refused every opportunity and were content with only signing a 1 way roaming contract.

They are not known for being innovative, and certainly not competitive. They are a great company, I’ll give them that. But they are not in the business of expanding their service market.

Even with this LTE build out, they are only attempting to replicate their existing iDEN network for a smooth transition. They aren’t beefing up backhaul and filling in service gaps.

I am a bit nervous to transition over from iDEN myself, and I know their data plans are not going to be unlimited. Oh, and they solely using SONIM phones for now. No iPhones or anything of that sorts :/.

Edited by Wireless Junkie

2 hours ago, Wireless Junkie said:

I’d invite you to do business with SoLINC sometime haha. They are very set in their ways and do business very differently than any other wireless provider I have dealt with.

Their #1 priority is taking care of the power company workers and ensuring their PTT services are reliable throughout the coverage area. Their second priority is taking care of the business segment customers to generate a little ROI on the network they only run for the power company.

They had ample opportunities to do business with NEXTEL, but refused every opportunity and were content with only signing a 1 way roaming contract.

They are not known for being innovative, and certainly not competitive. They are a great company, I’ll give them that. But they are not in the business of expanding their service market.

Even with this LTE build out, they are only attempting to replicate their existing iDEN network for a smooth transition. They aren’t beefing up backhaul and filling in service gaps.

I am a bit nervous to transition over from iDEN myself, and I know their data plans are not going to be unlimited. Oh, and they solely using SONIM phones for now. No iPhones or anything of that sorts :/.

I totally get it. The point I’m trying to make is that the way the company is run leaves a lot on the table. 

That being said, I do get that it’s a mission-critical network and that I should almost never expect monopolies like power companies to ever innovate. It’s just sort of sad to see what could be. 

Yep.

It'll be sprints own spectrum at the end with the CDMA 1x800 carrier pushed right up next to the LTE 800 carrier while Solinco does its own thing.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

On 1/14/2018 at 5:20 PM, lilotimz said:

Yep.

It'll be sprints own spectrum at the end with the CDMA 1x800 carrier pushed right up next to the LTE 800 carrier while Solinco does its own thing.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Another interesting thing is that SoLINC is one of the only (maybe only) provider to migrate users to an all LTE network. They will have no legacy fallback whatsoever. VoLTE will be the voice technology from day one migrations from iDEN.

Their map depicts what appears to be Sprint LTE partner coverage, so I wonder if LINC customers will be able to VoLTE roam on Sprint, or if they will end up using T-Mobile?

Another giveaway that LINC has 0 intentions of working with Sprint are that they have co-located most of their urban sites on sites that contain Sprint equipment. They wouldn’t have done that if they intended to share resources.

Their LTE network has been virtually deployed and every single LINC LTE site has some type of backup generator.

• 2 weeks later...
Another interesting thing is that SoLINC is one of the only (maybe only) provider to migrate users to an all LTE network. They will have no legacy fallback whatsoever. VoLTE will be the voice technology from day one migrations from iDEN.
Their map depicts what appears to be Sprint LTE partner coverage, so I wonder if LINC customers will be able to VoLTE roam on Sprint, or if they will end up using T-Mobile?

Another giveaway that LINC has 0 intentions of working with Sprint are that they have co-located most of their urban sites on sites that contain Sprint equipment. They wouldn’t have done that if they intended to share resources.
Their LTE network has been virtually deployed and every single LINC LTE site has some type of backup generator.
I am extremely happy with Sprint over here. I've never seen speeds this high on my home Tower. It's two carrier aggregation two twenty megahertz carriers with 64 QAM757ced0de0fbc2031ac99fbb69efdc04.jpgd11421422c6ab772604f40ae907029f2.jpg

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

• Like 2

6 hours ago, shaferz said:

I've also been seeing some random abnormally higher upload speeds on certain towers.  (referencing your first screenshot.)

this shows me sprint is starting to put money into my market....it shows with the increase in speeds....

With FCC docs showing the Galaxy S9 capable of carrier aggregation between different bands (B25+B41 or B26+B41), when do we expect Sprint to start implementing this type of aggregation? Is new hardware required on towers or is it a simple software update? 

With FCC docs showing the Galaxy S9 capable of carrier aggregation between different bands (B25+B41 or B26+B41), when do we expect Sprint to start implementing this type of aggregation? Is new hardware required on towers or is it a simple software update? 
Is required on the network side as well not just the phone side.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

3 minutes ago, danlodish345 said:

Is required on the network side as well not just the phone side.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Right - and on the network side, can the existing hardware - 8T8R, mini macros, Clearwire equipment, etc, perform this type of carrier aggregation with just a software update? Or does existing equipment on the towers need to be replaced. 

Right - and on the network side, can the existing hardware - 8T8R, mini macros, Clearwire equipment, etc, perform this type of carrier aggregation with just a software update? Or does existing equipment on the towers need to be replaced. 
That would be something that another person be able to answer better than I can. But Clearwire equipment though I know would need to be replaced.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/30/2018 at 5:40 AM, shaferz said:

I've also been seeing some random abnormally higher upload speeds on certain towers.  (referencing your first screenshot.)

Do you think this is due to phone switching from 41 to 25 between the DL and UL portion of the test?

14 hours ago, superbluepsd said:

Do you think this is due to phone switching from 41 to 25 between the DL and UL portion of the test?

my upload is capped at 10 megs a second...and my download is as fast as a 150 megs a second....its more network side.

7 hours ago, danlodish345 said:

my upload is capped at 10 megs a second...and my download is as fast as a 150 megs a second....its more network side.

Right but under the current band 41 configuration my understanding is that fast of an uplink speed would not be possible.

Right but under the current band 41 configuration my understanding is that fast of an uplink speed would not be possible.
Yes so I guess it's just the way it is I guess it's different from Tower to Tower I'm not too sure how to answer the question so I will let someone else that's more knowledgeable answer.

5 hours ago, danlodish345 said:

Yes so I guess it's just the way it is I guess it's different from Tower to Tower I'm not too sure how to answer the question so I will let someone else that's more knowledgeable answer.

It's not different from tower to tower. TDD-LTE has very specific operating conditions. Every single site in an entire region must be configured in the same way or there would be major interference issues. If you are seeing large upload spikes, it is an error with your speed test app. 

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
On 2/13/2018 at 5:17 AM, Dkoellerwx said:

It's not different from tower to tower. TDD-LTE has very specific operating conditions. Every single site in an entire region must be configured in the same way or there would be major interference issues. If you are seeing large upload spikes, it is an error with your speed test app. 

So in other words coverage can really vary from site to site?