Streaming Services Chat

Dkoellerwx

4 hours ago, deankelem said:

Anyone who has the free hulu streaming service with Sprint get one of these emails lately?  I did not cancel it and my bill is always up to date.  Just curious, thanks! 

Hi Dean, 

This is a confirmation that your Hulu subscription will be canceled on 09/24/2018. Until then, you can keep enjoying all the Hulu you want.

You can reactivate your Hulu account at any time
to keep watching.

I'm using Hulu through the Sprint service. I haven't gotten a notice like that. Have you tried hulu / Sprint support to see if your account really has been canceled? I did get one when I switched from the commercial free plan to the Sprint free plan, but that was a while ago.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Dkoellerwx said:

I'm using Hulu through the Sprint service. I haven't gotten a notice like that. Have you tried hulu / Sprint support to see if your account really has been canceled? I did get one when I switched from the commercial free plan to the Sprint free plan, but that was a while ago.

Ha.. look at this.  The next day I got this email from Hulu.

image.png

• Like 4

I received a couple emails from Hulu. One stated that my account was being closed and then the next day I received an email stating that due to technical issues accounts were closed in error and to log back in and reactivate your account 

On 8/27/2018 at 10:47 AM, red_dog007 said:

Wonder if LGs are in-particular effected because of the issues many of their devices have had with bootloop of death and similar other issues.  

One of my friends LG phones restarted pretty often under stress before it just stopped working.  Games or anything else do it as well?

RD, can promise you it's not that with the G5 - that's generally older guard LG G-series phones that had consistent issues from what I remember.  Between 3 different people in this household using one, I've experienced/worked with 5 different G5 model phones now (a few refurbished replacements to be forthcoming - but the replacements were for (1) a DOA initial refurbish that had to be sent back and (2) one with GPS that stopped working that had to be replaced - the original was a day one release purchase and was after just over 2 years of usage).  Not one of them ever had a bootloop issue.  The only thing that came close to that kind of behavior with any of them ended up being the OEM battery going bad after a long time, and replacement battery  always made it right as rain.  Games have never once caused a hiccup on any I've used either.

The issue at hand here literally only manifests itself with certain select media apps.  Grabber added Youtube Red to the mix which I wasn't aware of, but Google Play Movies/TV, Movies Anywhere and Hulu will all do it consistently minutes into whatever you start watching, and only when engaging those streaming apps - and do it every single time, though varying degrees of length into content viewing (varies by a few minutes).   

Meanwhile, Amazon Video, Netflix and Dish Anywhere app, you can watch whatever content you wish for hours straight/non-stop without a single hitch.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, PythonFanPA said:

RD, can promise you it's not that with the G5 - that's generally older guard LG G-series phones that had consistent issues from what I remember. 

My account has had 3 G5s, two G6s, and now a G7 and have never experienced any sort of issue (aside from issues arising from a drop) so I'd have to agree with this post. 

• Like 1

Doesn't really matter if you personally had an issue or not.  Fact is, they have had big problems with it that includes the G5.  Enough to have a lawsuit filed that they lost. https://www.theverge.com/circuitbreaker/2018/1/31/16957332/lg-bootloop-lawsuit-settlement-g4-v10-v20-nexus-5x-g5

LG was even doing free repairs outside of warranty. 

Thus I brought it up due to experiences that friends have had and mine with various LG models. 

Doesn't really matter if you personally had an issue or not.  Fact is, they have had big problems with it that includes the G5.  Enough to have a lawsuit filed that they lost. https://www.theverge.com/circuitbreaker/2018/1/31/16957332/lg-bootloop-lawsuit-settlement-g4-v10-v20-nexus-5x-g5
LG was even doing free repairs outside of warranty. 
Thus I brought it up due to experiences that friends have had and mine with various LG models. 
I never heard there was a settlement. I it has been so long since I had to send my 5X in, that my memory is fuzzy, but I'm pretty sure it was because it was bootlooping.. unfortunately I didn't get it repaired free because I had purchased Nexus Protect, so they made me pay the deductible.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk