Google Pixel 2 by HTC User Thread

DurhamHusker

I can't get mine to quick charge with anything but the included cable and AC adapter, either. Not sure why.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

I can't get mine to quick charge with anything but the included cable and AC adapter, either. Not sure why.

I just read that it doesn't actually use Quick charge, it's something called Power Delivery and it needs to be a USB-C to USB-C cable. I ordered a brick and a longer cord on Amazon so I'll see how that works.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 8/9/2018 at 10:13 AM, mrknowitall526 said:

Anyone download Pie? I love the way it looks but hate how difficult they made a lot of settings changes now.

So far so good for me on my Pixel XL.  But getting used to the changes.

I hate the way the volume slider works now. Having it always default to media volume is stupid. It was much better before when it defaulted to ringer and then changed to media if you had sound playing.

I also dislike how Bluetooth has changed. When the phone rings, the ring plays through Bluetooth and on the phone. However, notification sounds only play through Bluetooth. With a third party Bluetooth add-on in my 2008 Subaru Legacy, I only hear calls now unless I turn off Bluetooth.

So far so good for me on my Pixel XL.  But getting used to the changes.

• S4GRU changed the title to Google Pixel 2 by HTC User Thread
  • S4GRU pinned this topic
  • 5 months later...

Anyone with a Pixel device (that's not on Fi) find that the WiFi Assistant has stopped connecting to anything?

Anyone with a Pixel device (that's not on Fi) find that the WiFi Assistant has stopped connecting to anything?

That's the one where it connects to an open network and uses the Google VPN? That stopped working months ago for me on the Pixel 3 XL

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

• Like 1

That's the one where it connects to an open network and uses the Google VPN? That stopped working months ago for me on the Pixel 3 XL

Yeah, that's the one. It stopped working a few months ago for me, too. I went so far as to start a chat session with Google. Got far enough that they wanted me to factory reset my device. I said I didn't need it that bad ... and that was that.

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/25/2019 at 4:49 PM, ingenium said:

Took yesterday's Android update on my Pixel 2. This appears to now be working again.

• Trip unpinned this topic