Samsung Galaxy S8 Active Edition

jreuschl

I called a few stores this week and found it in stock at 2 corporate Sprint stores. What was odd is that the website did not allow any processing, including "pickup in store," nor does it offer an option to see inventory.

I checked again just now and it's back in stock online.

Also, Best Buy no longer carries the phone.

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/16/2018 at 11:06 AM, jamesinclair said:

I called a few stores this week and found it in stock at 2 corporate Sprint stores. What was odd is that the website did not allow any processing, including "pickup in store," nor does it offer an option to see inventory.

I checked again just now and it's back in stock online.

Also, Best Buy no longer carries the phone.

thats very strange indeed...

Unfortunately the S8 Active will probably have poorer sales at this point because the guts are a S8 vs a S9

I love mine.. battery life is amazing. With light use at work and plugging it in to my car for Android Auto (which does some charging) I’m usually not even plugging it in at night.

Hopefully Oreo comes soon.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...

Apparently the next update for the Active will be coming out 11/27, since I received a notification about Calling Plus discontinuation.

Perfectly fine with me, because quite a few times a caller couldn't hear me when I was connected with Calling Plus over LTE.  I'm not sure if it was buggy on this phone or it is an issue with CP in general.

• Like 1

On 11/20/2018 at 12:11 PM, jreuschl said:

Apparently the next update for the Active will be coming out 11/27, since I received a notification about Calling Plus discontinuation.

Perfectly fine with me, because quite a few times a caller couldn't hear me when I was connected with Calling Plus over LTE.  I'm not sure if it was buggy on this phone or it is an issue with CP in general.

Highly likely that VoLTE is being enabled with next update..

• 3 weeks later...
On 11/20/2018 at 12:11 PM, jreuschl said:

Have you received this update yet? My wife has the s8 active, and still hasn't received the update. Her last update was in September and the phone says it has the most recent update. 

13 minutes ago, Galaxyguy said:

Have you received this update yet? My wife has the s8 active, and still hasn't received the update. Her last update was in September and the phone says it has the most recent update. 

Nope!  Impatiently waiting, and I received the same text they did.  Of course Sprint Twitter support wasn't helpful, they just confirmed that was the latest.

I'm guessing the S8 Active isn't the most popular device, so updates are slow to come around.

The T-Mobile version has had two since our last one!

11 minutes ago, jreuschl said:

Nope!  Impatiently waiting, and I received the same text they did.  Of course Sprint Twitter support wasn't helpful, they just confirmed that was the latest.

I'm guessing the S8 Active isn't the most popular device, so updates are slow to come around.

The T-Mobile version has had two since our last one!

Hopefully it'll be released soon since VoLTE was just activated today here. It's working on my S8+. My understanding is only the screen and the battery are different between the S8 and S8 active models. If that's true and all the other internals are the same, I don't know what the holdup could be. 

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...