Coverage Map Update 10/15/17

Hey guys, Sprint’s coverage map received a  big update today. USCC roaming is now extended! Additionally the map is now full screen. 

Native coverage now appears to be more accurate (at least in my market) as well as detailed. Take a peek and see for yourselves!

• Like 6
  • Love 1

Not showing Shentel's B-41 LTE Plus in much of their territory.  It does show   in York, PA and some of Harrisburg, PA.  But nothing to the south along I-81 into Maryland and Virginia. It was showing in previous mapping.

19 minutes ago, red_dog007 said:

Is the Extended LTE on USCC actually confirmed? 

The handful of towers in East Kentucky, Im assuming PCS protection sites, now have LTE!

They do! Paintsville's site now has B41, B25, & B26! Allen and Prestonsburg have B25. The Pikeville site was still 3G as of last Thursday, I'm heading there tomorrow morning. Curious to see if it changed over the weekend to LTE or the map is just incorrect.

And yes, these 4 sites were previous Horizon PCS (Out of Chillicothe Ohio) installations. I am really loving my Sprint situation in East Ky.  I have B41 in town, and good Extended LTE via Appalachian Wireless Band 12 pretty much everywhere else. 

• Like 4

51 minutes ago, joshnys8913 said:

not exactly there are some still

Just a few, many markets have 100% LTE now, at least at a site level, maybe not footprint wise (thinking of GMOs which may have a slightly more limited range). It is a huge improvement in numbers over even a few months ago.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, Flompholph said:

Not many if any 3g only sites left less than 1% at most.

EXACTLY, but I do know of two that still are 3G only just from personal checking/traveling.

5 minutes ago, Dkoellerwx said:

Just a few, many markets have 100% LTE now, at least at a site level, maybe not footprint wise (thinking of GMOs which may have a slightly more limited range). It is a huge improvement in numbers over even a few months ago.

I was just saying, I do know there are SOME left, I actually know of two still as of today 10/16/17 that are in another market in my area. 

Again just was passing along my experience as of recent is all....

1 minute ago, joshnys8913 said:

EXACTLY, but I do know of two that still are 3G only just from personal checking/traveling.

I was just saying, I do know there are SOME left, I actually know of two still as of today 10/16/17 that are in another market in my area. 

Again just was passing along my experience as of recent is all....

And the post you quoted didn't say they were all gone, just that significant work had been made toward eliminating the remaining 3G only sites.

• Like 2

I went by a 3G-only site over the weekend that has a permit filed.  Still 3G.  (Checked this morning and the permit isn't granted yet for some reason.)  Got my fingers crossed; it's one of the very last ones in the area.

I'm incredibly pleased about US Cellular no longer counting as roaming, assuming that's true.  That makes me significantly less likely to want to jump to T-Mobile if they ever get US Cellular roaming working.

- Trip

• Like 3

Columbus has two 3g only sites left, both with 1900 and 800 rrhs. Shentel has 3g only gmo sites remaining in the area.

Sent from my LG-LS980 using Tapatalk

This is a great improvement in how the map displays full screen. Looks like a lot of areas are now more accurate. I do wish the colors had more contrast as you zoom in on an area but it is definitely a big improvement. Hope they continue to improve and densify their LTE coverage. Will be glad when it gets to my area and they fill in the remaining holes in Ohio.

• Like 2

Do you guys think that the LTE Extended areas are areas where Sprint thinks they will "eventually" provide native coverage or do you think they will just always leave it up to partner extended coverage?

4 hours ago, clbowens said:

Do you guys think that the LTE Extended areas are areas where Sprint thinks they will "eventually" provide native coverage or do you think they will just always leave it up to partner extended coverage?

Assuming the partner delivers satisfactory performance per an SLA and improves its own network, I don’t think it makes sense for Sprint to prioritize building native coverage in those areas until the rest of its network gets densified, etc.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, snowmobiler487 said:

Some is shown but not all if you compare with Cellcom's maps.  I wonder if its true as shown or if it was just a bug in their map data...?

That’s how the old map with “3G and More” kind of looked. Maybe they cherry picked certain sites.