Official Airave 4 LTE / Casa Pebble / Airave 3 LTE / S1000 Thread

SeanK_

1 hour ago, alphaalphagamma said:

ohh i stand corrected!  verified again does not work on the voice amp.

Someone else said it didn't work on their Airave 4. However, we both don't hear the 3 beeps when starting or answering a call. 

Someone else said it didn't work on their Airave 4. However, we both don't hear the 3 beeps when starting or answering a call. 
That's me. *99 does not work, nor do I hear the 3 beeps. I am definitely connected to the Airave 4 though.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

11 hours ago, travisc said:

That's me. *99 does not work, nor do I hear the 3 beeps. I am definitely connected to the Airave 4 though.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

I'm on same page. No beeps/*99 doesn't work, but definitely connected to airave. I honestly prefer it without the beeps. 

9 hours ago, nexgencpu said:

Just got my A4 and also seeing red light on LTE. Has anyone gotten this resolved yet?

The LTE light has never gone green, always flashing red.  Called support once and the explanation was is that LTE service wasn't provided in my area.?.?   Going to try calling back today and see if I get different results.   

4 minutes ago, fizzicsguy said:

The LTE light has never gone green, always flashing red.  Called support once and the explanation was is that LTE service wasn't provided in my area.?.?   Going to try calling back today and see if I get different results.   

Mine eventually locked on to LTE, but then after about 3 or 4 minutes it seems to soft reboot itself back to a blinking red LTE light. Called support, they said they are working on it on the backend.

Well see how this turns out..

• Like 1

Got my Airave 4 and have it setup. It uses the same earfcn as my Magic Box, 39874. CDMA 1x uses channel 1125, which is right in the middle of the 15x15 B25 carrier, so I'm guessing it's misconfigured.

I ran a packet capture on it during setup. It requests 2 IP addresses, one for the CDMA side and one for LTE. This is in contrast to the Airave 3 which used a single IP. So the internals are very much completely separated on the 4, much more so than on the 3. Both IPs are for the same MAC address (ie, the Airave 4 ethernet port has a single MAC, but 2 IPs assigned).

At startup, the CDMA side does an NTP query to the hardcoded, private address 10.1.2.40 for some reason, before falling back to querying the NTP pool. The LTE side also queries the pool, but does not try the hardcoded address first.

The CDMA side then looks up SEGW-Airspan-Combo-3G-GLOBAL.SPCSDNS.NET and opens an IPsec tunnel to it. It then looks up segw06.femto.sprint.net and establishes an IPsec tunnel to that address. This is the same domain range as the Airave 3. Valid options seem to be segw01.femto.sprint.net through segw10.femto.sprint.net. This tunnel is what is used for CDMA, so I'm guessing the first tunnel was used for configuration?

The LTE side looks up SEGW-Airspan-Combo-GLOBAL.SPCSDNS.NET and establishes an IPsec tunnel to it. It then looks up SEGWAKR-PUBL.sc.spcsdns.net and establishes an IPsec tunnel to that address. I believe the latter is the tunnel for LTE, and the first is the configuration tunnel.

The LTE side is similar to what is seen on the MB Gold. The Gold first establishes an IPsec tunnel to SEGW-AIRSPAN-IFUR-GLOBAL.SPCSDNS.NET, and then a tunnel to SEGWSKT-PUBL.sc.spcsdns.net. Note the similarities in the addresses.

It's also interesting that the Airave 4 uses hardcoded DNS servers, querying 3 of them at the same time for the final IPsec tunnel. 

• Like 6

On 5/30/2019 at 7:34 PM, notsrealinc said:

It works on my Airave 4. 

I dialed *99 with my Airave 4 and got error message. Based on signal check, I am definitely on my Airave

On 6/3/2019 at 6:45 AM, fizzicsguy said:

I am wondering if the Airave 4 are essentially a Magic Box and a CDMA voice airave merged together. Since I am not in a Magic Box area, maybe that's why LTE don't work.

On 6/2/2019 at 9:15 PM, nexgencpu said:

Just got my A4 and also seeing red light on LTE. Has anyone gotten this resolved yet?

I am in the same situation.

I am wondering if the Airave 4 are essentially a Magic Box and a CDMA voice airave merged together. Since I am not in a Magic Box area, maybe that's why LTE don't work.
It's a relative of the Magic Box.

Airspan manufacturers both with the Magic Box being part of the Airunity line that is primarily being a high powered LTE ue relay fed small cell.

The Airave 4 is part of Airspan Femto Cell line which uses wired backhaul. sprint custom requested a CDMA solution as well that Airspan has available in the A4 unit or as a standalone Voice Amp Pro which is in essence an airave 4 minus the LTE guts.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

2 hours ago, dnwk said:

I dialed *99 with my Airave 4 and got error message. Based on signal check, I am definitely on my Airave

It recently stopped working on my Airave 3 before I shipped it back too.

-Mike

[mention=4387]lilotimz[/mention] Chat support told me "According to the address provided[,] the lte network is not being provided to the airave 4"  It looks like Airave 4's LTE functionality is tied to Magicbox.

It is not.

The A4 connects to different Airspan servers versus the MB. Verified with packet captures on both.

It also does not need it's own dedicated channel separate from macro cells like the MB.

For the Voice Amp Pro it "technically is" as that's a parasite CDMA module to the MB.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Got my Airave 4 today. It took probably 3 hours to fully kick in. LTE flashed red while the rest of the lights were solid green for quite a long time. I also noticed it does not support VoLTE right now. I hoped it would, as it is a device released during Sprint's VoLTE roll out, and VoLTE is active in the Tampa Bay area. 

Got my Airave 4 today. It took probably 3 hours to fully kick in. LTE flashed red while the rest of the lights were solid green for quite a long time. I also noticed it does not support VoLTE right now. I hoped it would, as it is a device released during Sprint's VoLTE roll out, and VoLTE is active in the Tampa Bay area. 
It does work with VoLTE actually, but it's likely not on the whitelist yet, so it needs to be forced. Unlike the Airave 3, it actually works. The 3 would work for a bit, then break all calls and SMS. I'm guessing Sprint won't "allow" it (by whitelisting it on phones) until they launch it network wide, but it does work.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

On 6/5/2019 at 11:52 AM, jreuschl said:

What is the easiest way to request an Airwave? TIA

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Sprint chat support or calling in to the 7310 / 3194 numbers. 

I feel like Airave 4's CDMA voice quality is much better than when my phone is parked on Macro Cell
It is. Macro 1x is garbage in most areas and has been for years. They've cut CDMA carriers so much that they're too overloaded. As a result, quality is dropped to support more calls rather than dropping them or having them fail. The more calls there are on a macro, the worse it gets. I switched to Google Voice when possible for calls about 4-5 years ago because the robo garble and poor quality made it unusable. 1x800 seems to be worse than 1x1900.

That's the only reason I have an Airave actually. Pixels (before the 3) didn't support wifi calling, and even though my macro 1x signal is -75, I needed an Airave to use 1x for calls. The difference is night and day.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Hi all, I am looking into the Airave 4 for family members of mine at another location and they have an ISP (Optimum) provided router.  The set up seems to be pretty much "plug-n-play", but I noticed that the QS guide says "if on network, open UDP ports 53, 67, 500 & 4500 bi-directionally".  Has anyone had to actually change any settings on their router to "open UDP ports"?