Official Airave 4 LTE / Casa Pebble / Airave 3 LTE / S1000 Thread

SeanK_

39 minutes ago, SeanK_ said:

I would recommend you contact support and have them put a ticket in.

They had me reset it and it seems to be fine now! I think GPS signal was picking up some different location for some reason. Now I'm trying to figure out why PRL update works but Profile update doesn't... hmm...

1 hour ago, dnwk said:

My Airave 4 has CDMA up and running in no time. But LTE still don't work for couple days now. All lights are green excpt LTE which is blinking red

Finally received my replacement unit this afternoon. Took about 20 minutes for it to configure itself, but all lights green now except LTE.  Also blinking red.  

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, fizzicsguy said:

Finally received my replacement unit this afternoon. Took about 20 minutes for it to configure itself, but all lights green now except LTE.  Also blinking red.  

I am in an area where Magic Box is not allowed. Don't know if same thing keep LTE off-limits to my Airave. When the rep ordering me the Airave, she did say that when punching in my address there are some weird error messages about the area not compatible. But she went ahead and ordered the Airave anyway.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, dnwk said:

I am in an area where Magic Box is not allowed. Don't know if same thing keep LTE off-limits to my Airave. When the rep ordering me the Airave, she did say that when punching in my address there are some weird error messages about the area not compatible. But she went ahead and ordered the Airave anyway.

Also in a non-Magic Box area, so possibility. 

5 minutes ago, fizzicsguy said:

Also in a non-Magic Box area, so possibility. 

A4 is capable of 5 / 10 / 20 MHz LTE carriers. So given the area has at minimum  at least one 6 MHz 2.5 licensed block, it should work. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, lilotimz said:

A4 is capable of 5 / 10 / 20 MHz LTE carriers. So given the area has at minimum  at least one 6 MHz 2.5 licensed block, it should work. 

Thanks.  I'll let it stew overnight and maybe I'll see green in the morning.

Selfishly reposting.. if those of you getting new Airaves could send SCP diagnostic reports once connected to it, I would appreciate it! Please include your username or an email, and a note that says it's from an Airave 4.

I only need one per Airave, so thank you to the two of you who have already sent reports. If you're only getting CDMA for now, I'll still take a report, feel free to send another once you get LTE going.

-Mike

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, mikejeep said:

Selfishly reposting.. if those of you getting new Airaves could send SCP diagnostic reports once connected to it, I would appreciate it! Please include your username or an email, and a note that says it's from an Airave 4.

I only need one per Airave, so thank you to the two of you who have already sent reports. If you're only getting CDMA for now, I'll still take a report, feel free to send another once you get LTE going.

-Mike

Here is a CDMA only report

http://imgur.com/gJ9eMs6

19 minutes ago, alphaalphagamma said:

so...i called and placed an "order" for an airave 4...and got a magic box voice amp!!! WOOO!!!  anyone else have this happen? lol.  i do have a magic box also.  win win?

UXUfS45.jpg

Hahahaha! 

Thats not released to the general public yet lol! 

You'll need a Gen 3 in a market with  airspan ethernet core upgrades completed (none fully  done yet). The Voice amp plugs into the Gen 3 ethernet, while the power brick daisy chains off the Gen 3s. 

It's literally an airave 4 but with the lte guts torn out. 

• Like 1

so...i called and placed an "order" for an airave 4...and got a magic box voice amp!!! WOOO!!!  anyone else have this happen? lol.  i do have a magic box also.  win win?

UXUfS45.jpg
What shows up on your account? Does it work?

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

Shows up as "magic box" under my account, but it does not work.  I called into magic box customer support and they said that the tool to enable Ethernet on the magic box gold is temporarily down so I have to call back later.
Just return it and try and get the Airave 4. It's a parasite module to the MB Gen 3 and they have to update core parameters along with various hardware / SW upgrades in order to bring ethernet / wifi BH into working status.

To date, said upgrade and configurations are active in just a couple test markets. They're nowhere close to rolling that functionality out o a national scale yet.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

Ouch, cause I have a magic box at work where I dont have a network connection, so the voice amp would help quite a bit along with the existing magic box gold (0.5mbps vs 100mbps with the magic box gold in a 100,000+ SQ ft building  ! (I've been waiting for this lol)

Update ..plugging the voice amp directly into my internet connection....it works!

=0, does calls go through? Very fascinating!

If so I wonder if it's just using the standard cdma ipsec tunnels as the A4s.

Yes confirmed calls work.  Tested two different phones, Moto z2 force and note 9.
Very nice! A Very intriguing mixup for you lol.

55 minutes ago, alphaalphagamma said:

Ouch, cause I have a magic box at work where I dont have a network connection, so the voice amp would help quite a bit along with the existing magic box gold (0.5mbps vs 100mbps with the magic box gold in a 100,000+ SQ ft building  ! (I've been waiting for this lol)

Ask to be a beta tester for it - you already have the key part.