Official Airave 4 LTE / Casa Pebble / Airave 3 LTE / S1000 Thread

SeanK_

Try dialing *99 and see if you hear the pre-recorded message ("You are now within Airave Coverage."). 
I have tried that, but it says the feature code is not valid. Attached is a screenshot while on a call. I essentially have zero voice service from the macro network at my house and this is the only way to get any voice service, so it must be going through the Airave. Maybe the 4 doesn't give an audible signal like the older units do? On another note, does anybody know if there 4 will eventually support VoLTE?cb2d1113a393ca149aead1f707b45790.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Can you limit which phones (whitelist) use the Airave 4?
I do see the same option to whitelist or blacklist numbers for the 4 under manage my Airave.

So it's up and running. Here's a screenshot from signal check pro. It looks like I'm connected to the voice side, but when I place a call I don't hear the 3 beeps.

Thanks for sharing! You don't have a Magic Box nearby, do you? Just want to confirm so I can try to make adjustments to SCP.

-Mike

Thanks for sharing! You don't have a Magic Box nearby, do you? Just want to confirm so I can try to make adjustments to SCP.

-Mike
No problem! I don't have a magic box, and I don't believe anybody near me has one either, since service is so terrible where I am. Do you want me to send some logs your way?

• Like 1

No problem! I don't have a magic box, and I don't believe anybody near me has one either, since service is so terrible where I am. Do you want me to send some logs your way?

I thought I replied earlier, but I don't see it now.. if you (or anyone else who connects to an Airave 4) could send a diagnostic report through SCP, I would appreciate it! I only need one report per Airave, but the more I get the quicker I can learn how to properly identify it in SCP. Please note on the report that it's an Airave 4 connection so I can keep track. Thanks!

-Mike
  • Like 3

I thought I replied earlier, but I don't see it now.. if you (or anyone else who connects to an Airave 4) could send a diagnostic report through SCP, I would appreciate it! I only need one report per Airave, but the more I get the quicker I can learn how to properly identify it in SCP. Please note on the report that it's an Airave 4 connection so I can keep track. Thanks!

-Mike
Just sent one your way! If you need anything else, just let me know.

• Thanks 1

My airave 4 is coming today! Those who have it already, is there a decrease in internet speed with other devices on wifi?
I'm not sure what you mean by this. If you are actively using LTE on it, then it will reduce the speed available to other devices. Just like if you were on wifi and using data. For example, if your home internet is 100 Mbps, and you're doing a speed test or something else that is consuming 40 Mbps via the Airave, then there is 60 Mbps left for other devices on wifi. But if there is no active data transfer occurring via the Airave (ie your phone is idle), then it won't be using your internet.

It's basically the same as if your phone was on wifi.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

On 5/26/2019 at 5:48 PM, mikejeep said:

-Mike

Just got my replacement and just sent you a log. Do you also want the LTE Engineering or anything too?

Just got my replacement and just sent you a log. Do you also want the LTE Engineering or anything too?
It hunk he'll take any and everything. Hell load up NSG as well if you have access to that!

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

Thanks! I only need that report, but I'm sure the rest of the group would love screenshots here of whatever you have..

-Mike

Well if anyone interested in the debug screenshots https://imgur.com/a/EdrPKwt
That's connected to the Airave? That looks like a macro earfcn, 41374. The last Airave always used the first carrier earfcn, but it appeared that this one would use the MB earfcn. Now that seems less certain. What are the macro B41 earfcns in your area?

It also looks like the CDMA side supports 1xAdvanced (and presumably HD voice).

7 minutes ago, ingenium said:

That's connected to the Airave? That looks like a macro earfcn, 41374. The last Airave always used the first carrier earfcn, but it appeared that this one would use the MB earfcn. Now that seems less certain. What are the macro B41 earfcns in your area?

It also looks like the CDMA side supports 1xAdvanced (and presumably HD voice).

Yup,There is no B41 near me that I can get, so far I'm only able to attach to B25 and B26 (very weak signals). I currently don't have the earfcns off the top of my head. I can grab that when I'm out and about tomorrow.

My Airave 4 is up and running with CDMA only. LTE is always blinking red. Not sure why. Does it has a separate MAC address for LTE side? My cooperate network requires MAC address whitelisting. I whitelisted the MAC address on the label. The CDMA voice works fine. LTE don't. I don't needed LTE anyway. :) The building has good T-mobile B66.

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, dnwk said:

My Airave 4 is up and running with CDMA only. LTE is always blinking red. Not sure why. Does it has a separate MAC address for LTE side? My cooperate network requires MAC address whitelisting. I whitelisted the MAC address on the label. The CDMA voice works fine. LTE don't. I don't needed LTE anyway. :) The building has good T-mobile B66.

Could be being blocked by your corporate firewall or it's having NAT issues. 

4 minutes ago, Brad The Beast said:

Could be being blocked by your corporate firewall or it's having NAT issues. 

But CDMA side works fine. And I don't have problem with Airave 3

My Airave 4 is up and running with CDMA only. LTE is always blinking red. Not sure why. Does it has a separate MAC address for LTE side? My cooperate network requires MAC address whitelisting. I whitelisted the MAC address on the label. The CDMA voice works fine. LTE don't. I don't needed LTE anyway. [emoji4] The building has good T-mobile B66.
Same MAC address, but it uses 2 IPsec tunnels. It's possible that the LTE one is getting blocked. On the 3 it always initiates the CDMA side first, so if your network only allows 1 IPsec connection per device for some reason, it would explain why the CDMA side works.

I'm pretty sure it doesn't need ipsec passthrough help, since it defaults to ipsec over UDP, but I could be mistaken on that.

But CDMA side works fine. And I don't have problem with Airave 3
In that case I'm not sure. I won't have mine until the end of the week, so I can't do a packet capture to analyze. I'd say just leave it overnight and see if it's working in the morning.

3 minutes ago, ingenium said:

In that case I'm not sure. I won't have mine until the end of the week, so I can't do a packet capture to analyze. I'd say just leave it overnight and see if it's working in the morning.

Thanks. Let me know what you found. I doesn't really need LTE since there is pretty good T-mobile LTE. I just need voice coverage.

I just got my Airave 4 LTE. It seems like time on my phone is now switched to 1 hour off. I suspect it being the airave causing this problem as my phone is set to automatic time. Any ideas what I need to do?

1 minute ago, hsiaoandrew said:

I just got my Airave 4 LTE. It seems like time on my phone is now switched to 1 hour off. I suspect it being the airave causing this problem as my phone is set to automatic time. Any ideas what I need to do?

I would recommend you contact support and have them put a ticket in.

• Like 1