Official Airave 4 LTE / Casa Pebble / Airave 3 LTE / S1000 Thread

SeanK_

11 minutes ago, fizzicsguy said:

Finally!  Just received shipping notification with tracking number, arrives tomorrow!

Did you get an order number or anything in your email? Or just the shipping notification?

I called just a few minutes ago and was told that they can't put in orders for the Airave 4 right now. He said hopefully by tomorrow or Friday they can take orders. They are going to call me back on Friday with an update.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Just got a call back from Sprint. He was able to put in my order for the Airave 4 today and will send out a return kit for the Airave 3 as well. He said 3-5 days for shipping.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

40 minutes ago, dnwk said:

Just chat with Rep, I don't know why they said they are putting me on the waiting list for Airave 4.

There is no waiting list currently. Might want to call another rep.

3 minutes ago, SeanK_ said:

There is no waiting list currently. Might want to call another rep.

Still nada on order history for me. Hmm... I did get an indian tech support guy when I called in Monday who supposedly did the order...

3 minutes ago, lilotimz said:

Still nada on order history for me. Hmm... I did get an indian tech support guy when I called in Monday who supposedly did the order...

I recommend getting someone from Kansas.

2 minutes ago, SeanK_ said:

I recommend getting someone from Kansas.

Yeah... I get the most terrible luck with reps calling into the MB / Airave call line lol. 

Maybe I'll call in again to see the what's up.

55 minutes ago, lilotimz said:

Yeah... I get the most terrible luck with reps calling into the MB / Airave call line lol. 

Maybe I'll call in again to see the what's up.

I refuse to talk to anyone but a US reps. I'll hang up till I get one. 

Mine will be here tomorrow, was supposed to be here Friday.

• Confused 1

If this helps anyone, the rep I talked to yesterday had a terrible time ordering. Then finally hinted that wifi calling had to be removed from my account before he was able to get the code to order to go through. I have no idea if that's true, just what the guy mumbled.

52 minutes ago, lilotimz said:

Woo!

Plug that baby in and get SCP screenshots and engineering screenshots from your phone!

I'm sure our resident Mikejeep is very down to make it identifiable on SCP. 

In progress. Boot up took a couple minutes, LED's for WAN, Sprint Core connection, LAN, GPS, CDMA, & LTE flashed for about 5 minutes (it really took its time). GPS turns green, then goes back to flashing red after a bit.  CDMA connects, but I'm assuming LTE requires a GPS lock. Still tinkering...

8 minutes ago, mikejeep said:

Feel free to go into SignalCheck and send a diagnostic report when connected to the Airave when you have a chance.. :)

-Mike

Will do, as soon as I get some LTE goodness.  I am REALLY wondering if this thing will have VOLTE out of the box at this stage.

3 minutes ago, fizzicsguy said:

I am REALLY wondering if this thing will have VOLTE out of the box at this stage.

Me as well. I'm curious about something. If this does have VoLTE, if I start a VoLTE call on it and then go outside will it 1) continue onto the regular Sprint network and 2) continue onto the regular Sprint network even if VoLTE is not enabled in my area yet?

2 minutes ago, Brad The Beast said:

Me as well. I'm curious about something. If this does have VoLTE, if I start a VoLTE call on it and then go outside will it 1) continue onto the regular Sprint network and 2) continue onto the regular Sprint network even if VoLTE is not enabled in my area yet?

I can't test that as I do not have a native Sprint LTE connection at my home. Maybe others can when their unit arrives?

I can't test that as I do not have a native Sprint LTE connection at my home. Maybe others can when their unit arrives?
Sprint chat reps was able to find my order but had no additional information and it doesn't show up under my order in the sprit site....

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

Me as well. I'm curious about something. If this does have VoLTE, if I start a VoLTE call on it and then go outside will it 1) continue onto the regular Sprint network

Yes. The Airave 3 (if you can get a VoLTE call to initiate on it, I have once) and MB will hand-off a VoLTE call to the macro network. Hand ins are the better question, ie will a VoLTE call transfer from the macro network to the Airave.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Update:  The Airave can't seem to get a GPS lock.  Tried everything. Curious to see if anyone else has issues with this when their units arrive. The unit will produce a CDMA signal without a GPS lock, but no LTE.  Curious how it can do that as I thought CDMA relied heavily on GPS timing. 

1 minute ago, fizzicsguy said:

Update:  The Airave can't seem to get a GPS lock.  Tried everything. Curious to see if anyone else has issues with this when their units arrive. The unit will produce a CDMA signal without a GPS lock, but no LTE.  Curious how it can do that as I thought CDMA relied heavily on GPS timing. 

When you look at your account, does the Airave show up as a line? I'm wondering if that's the reason you're having issues?