SeanK_

Official Airave 4 LTE / Airave 3 LTE / S1000 NSC Thread

I think SeanK was looking to see what the blavk ethernet cord plugged into the netgear not the bottom. If your switch does not have enough ports you may need a bigger one.

lilotimz i think is guessing the black wire goes to the airave is plugged into the netgear. But the netgear you have to pay for a new ip on each port. So if you pay one ip then it will go to the white wire until it is off then go to the black wire.(guessing white ethernet wire eero and black ethernet wire airave plugged into netgear)

My setup:

I placed the modem -> Airave

modem -> eero -> switch -> which has multiple computers/Xbox/Hue hub connected

I had to remove the Airave from the eero network because it wouldn't work, but does work with the modem. I didn't bridge my modem since eero doesn't suppose PPPoE yet.

3 hours ago, SeanK_ said:

My setup:

I placed the modem -> Airave

modem -> eero -> switch -> which has multiple computers/Xbox/Hue hub connected

I had to remove the Airave from the eero network because it wouldn't work, but does work with the modem. I didn't bridge my modem since eero doesn't suppose PPPoE yet.

L-net and LTE never went green. So I can try blocking the Airave from the Eero network?

2 minutes ago, jtrotter54 said:

L-net and LTE never went green. So I can try blocking the Airave from the Eero network?

Did you try plugging the Airave to the ethernet ports on the modem and see, while still having the eero hand the other network? You will want to do a factory reset to the Airave just in case so it can activate.

I tried plugging both the Eero and Airave into the modem but they fight over the ip address and only one ever works.

No no no! 

Ok, look at my setup. https://imgur.com/yxvJBZr This is how I got this figured out.

I want you to do this.

Modem has 4 ethernet ports, plug the airave into the first port with the black cable, now plug the eero into the second port with the white cable, now the eero has an extra port, plug the ethernet cable to the switch yellow cable, then the blue and yellow cable for the tv/tivo can be connect to the switch.

23 minutes ago, SeanK_ said:

No no no! 

Ok, look at my setup. https://imgur.com/yxvJBZr This is how I got this figured out.

I want you to do this.

Modem has 4 ethernet ports, plug the airave into the first port with the black cable, now plug the eero into the second port with the white cable, now the eero has an extra port, plug the ethernet cable to the switch yellow cable, then the blue and yellow cable for the tv/tivo can be connect to the switch.

That won't work unless he has multiple static IP addresses.

The A4 itself will need 2 IP addresses. One for the CDMA network and one for the LTE network. It needs to be placed behind a router in a typical setup and a CM1200 is not one as it's strictly a D3.1 modem with multiple GBe ports. 

The Eero may need to be modified to do port forwarding and in the worst case scenario may need to place the A4 into a DMZ net. 

Odd because mine does and I don't have multiple static IPs. 🤔

Odd because mine does and I don't have multiple static IPs. 
Do you have a CM1200 modem or a modem + router + access point combination unit (gateway)?

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

11 hours ago, lilotimz said:

Do you have a CM1200 modem or a modem + router + access point combination unit (gateway)?

Modem/router combo, but I disabled all the router part and have the eero do all the work.

14 hours ago, lilotimz said:

That won't work unless he has multiple static IP addresses.

The A4 itself will need 2 IP addresses. One for the CDMA network and one for the LTE network. It needs to be placed behind a router in a typical setup and a CM1200 is not one as it's strictly a D3.1 modem with multiple GBe ports. 

The Eero may need to be modified to do port forwarding and in the worst case scenario may need to place the A4 into a DMZ net. 

@SeanK_ I did a similar combination before (can't remember which went into the modem first). However, I'll try it again with the A4 plugged in first. Last time, It seemed like the Eero and A4 fought over the internet access because when the internet went down, the A4 started to gain lights (again, everything but Lnet and LTE). @lilotimzAny other suggestions? You mentioned port forwarding or DMZ net?

Port forwarding:

Open UDP ports 53, 67, 500 and 4500 bi-directionally

8 minutes ago, SeanK_ said:

Port forwarding:

How do you port forward on the Eero

10 minutes ago, SeanK_ said:

Port forwarding:

Ok dumb question how do I that

2 minutes ago, jtrotter54 said:

Ok so do this under IPV4 and the A4 device?

IPv4 for the device.

Ok dumb question how do I that

You shouldn't need to port forward. And in fact, you can't with the 4. It's assigned two IP addresses, one for LTE and one for CDMA. Both use all of those ports, and you can only forward to one IP.    

I hate that Sprint gave that forwarding advice. It may break other things (53 is DNS and 68 is DHCP). What they meant to say was make sure that those 4 ports aren't blocked outbound on your firewall. Which unless you're on an enterprise, corporate, or public network, they won't be. You would have had to explicitly block them. Outbound on those ports is always allowed by default.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

28 minutes ago, ingenium said:

You shouldn't need to port forward. And in fact, you can't with the 4. It's assigned two IP addresses, one for LTE and one for CDMA. Both use all of those ports, and you can only forward to one IP.    

I hate that Sprint gave that forwarding advice. It may break other things (53 is DNS and 68 is DHCP). What they meant to say was make sure that those 4 ports aren't blocked outbound on your firewall. Which unless you're on an enterprise, corporate, or public network, they won't be. You would have had to explicitly block them. Outbound on those ports is always allowed by default.

Well I tried @SeanK_ setup and it didn't work. Only WAN stayed green. The closest I've gotten was plugging the A4 before the eero into the switch all lights except for lnet and lte went green. Any suggestions? Should I delete those port forward rules?

Well I tried [mention=14486]SeanK_[/mention] setup and it didn't work. Only WAN stayed green. The closest I've gotten was plugging the A4 before the eero into the switch all lights except for lnet and lte went green. Any suggestions? Should I delete those port forward rules?
We'd need to see how the Eero software is configured. It just seems like something isn't right with your setup, and I'm not sure what it is. Can you post the IP addresses of a few devices connected to the switch? Just to make sure that everything is getting a local IP.

I would delete the forwards. What IP are you forwarding them to? Remember the Airave 4 has two IPs, so either way you'd only be able to forward to either CDMA or LTE, not both. They each use an independent ipsec tunnel using ports 500 and 4500. So at best the forwards would only work for one.

• Like 1

On 9/6/2019 at 11:07 AM, ingenium said:

We'd need to see how the Eero software is configured. It just seems like something isn't right with your setup, and I'm not sure what it is. Can you post the IP addresses of a few devices connected to the switch? Just to make sure that everything is getting a local IP.

I would delete the forwards. What IP are you forwarding them to? Remember the Airave 4 has two IPs, so either way you'd only be able to forward to either CDMA or LTE, not both. They each use an independent ipsec tunnel using ports 500 and 4500. So at best the forwards would only work for one.

Screenshots of the port forward setup  can be seen in the link below.

http://imgur.com/a/cpj4mlJ

How can I easily get the IPs of the devices connected to the switch?

Thank you!

[mention=21091]ingenium[/mention] or anyone else, i really dont want to give up, i get no reception in my house....any suggestions?

Factory reset your Eero and redo everything from the ground up is what I'll say.

Something about the eeros current configuration is blocking the A4 and just doing these Config edits are not helping much.

So factory reset it to the basics and make sure the A4 works with that. Then slowly add custom settings and rules while ensuring the A4 is operational.

[mention=21091]ingenium[/mention] or anyone else, i really dont want to give up, i get no reception in my house....any suggestions?
It's hard to make further suggestions without being able to play with your router directly and see exactly what settings are enabled and disabled, or getting a packet capture to see what's happening. Lilotimz's suggestion is probably your best bet for now.