SeanK_

Official Airave 4 LTE / Airave 3 LTE / S1000 NSC Thread

Just now, SeanK_ said:

When you look at your account, does the Airave show up as a line? I'm wondering if that's the reason you're having issues?

Yes; showing as a Misc. device with an attached number. 

19 minutes ago, fizzicsguy said:

Yes; showing as a Misc. device with an attached number. 

Ah! Mine doesn't show it, so I'm going to have issues activating it today!

Update:  The Airave can't seem to get a GPS lock.  Tried everything. Curious to see if anyone else has issues with this when their units arrive. The unit will produce a CDMA signal without a GPS lock, but no LTE.  Curious how it can do that as I thought CDMA relied heavily on GPS timing. 
The GPS antenna is likely very sensitive like the 3. Definitely make sure you place it as instructed.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

Ah! Mine doesn't show it, so I'm going to have issues activating it today!
Mine is being shipped today, arriving tomorrow. I looked at my account and I already have an additional line that says Airave 4, so hopefully I'm good. Last time when I got the 3, it took days to get it working with multiple calls to Sprint, eventually replacing it as defective.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

• Confused 1

Mines here! Airave 4 LTE https://imgur.com/gallery/XjgM91n

Super small campared to the 3. Setup wasn't bad other then the power is in a strange location on the unit, hard to plug in with big fingers. 

• Like 4

Mines here! Airave 4 LTE https://imgur.com/gallery/XjgM91n

Super small campared to the 3. Setup wasn't bad other then the power is in a strange location on the unit, hard to plug in with big fingers. 
Post screenshots of everything when you can!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, fizzicsguy said:

Update:  The Airave can't seem to get a GPS lock.  Tried everything. Curious to see if anyone else has issues with this when their units arrive. The unit will produce a CDMA signal without a GPS lock, but no LTE.  Curious how it can do that as I thought CDMA relied heavily on GPS timing. 

Are you sure CDMA is working without GPS? Do they give you a chirp sound when calling out?

Do you have to use an external GPS antenna? Do they have an internal GPS antenna?

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, dnwk said:

Are you sure CDMA is working without GPS? Do they give you a chirp sound when calling out?

According to the LED indicators yes. But after 15 or 20 min the cdma goes back to to flashing red too. I assume due to no gps. And yes, chirp is there.

Edited by fizzicsguy
  • Like 1

Do you have to use an external GPS antenna? Do they have an internal GPS antenna?
It will probably work without the antenna if you put it in a window, but if it's in the interior of your house (as it should be to get maximum coverage), then you'll need to use the external antenna and place it near a window. I just put mine on the window ledge and run the cord behind furniture, you can't see it unless you're looking for it.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

Is there specific number you guys are calling? I tried chat and the number the rep gave me but they all just say they'll send in a request.

Is there specific number you guys are calling? I tried chat and the number the rep gave me but they all just say they'll send in a request.
MB and Airave support 1-866-556-7310

20 hours ago, lilotimz said:

Post screenshots of everything when you can!

As soon as I can, I will. I'm currently unable to get it activated and I'm having to wait for level 2 support to call me.

I called in last night to check on my status. They told me there are two lists, one normal / non priority, and a priority. I was on the non priority list, presumably because I have a 3 that it's replacing and they're shipping them to people without an existing Airave first.

The rep moved me to the priority list and said I'll receive it this week or early next week. This morning I checked my account and the 4 is now showing up (with a 577 area code, which is no geographic and reserved for personal communication services).

Got someone from Oklahoma and they placed the order for me. They said the people that did it before (appears outsourced) did not do it.

So my Airave is DOA and will no active what so ever, so they are going to be sending me a replacement. 😢

So my Airave is DOA and will no active what so ever, so they are going to be sending me a replacement. 

Basically they failed to attach it to your account from the warehouse. I experienced that with my Gen 3 MB.

They had to do an manually change the serial number of the active MB line to activate the Gen 3 which took an entire afternoon.

4 minutes ago, lilotimz said:

Basically they failed to attach it to your account from the warehouse. I experienced that with my Gen 3 MB.

They had to do an manually change the serial number of the active MB line to activate the Gen 3 which took an entire afternoon.

I called them yesterday about it and they put it on my account after I gave them the MAC ID, the Serial Number couldn't be found they said. Today it still won't active and they decided to just send a new one, unless someone finds a way to fix it before the new one gets here.

46 minutes ago, SeanK_ said:

I called them yesterday about it and they put it on my account after I gave them the MAC ID, the Serial Number couldn't be found they said. Today it still won't active and they decided to just send a new one, unless someone finds a way to fix it before the new one gets here.

Could always check if the folks at magicbox[at]sprint.com knows of a way since they deal with MBs and presumably Airaves all the time. 

After calling back support,  apparently I have a bad unit and they're sending a replacement.  Fingers crossed for a smooth ordering process!

Posted (edited)

My Airave 4 finally shipped! ETA of May 29th!

Capture8.thumb.PNG.3ab5e1cd6989341a6b1c0a5fb5d4e8fc.PNG

Edited by notsrealinc
  • Like 2

It has arrived. Probably won't get to hooking it up tonight though.decbda08394f82de6025d3bf4938c645.jpg

• Like 2

9 hours ago, lilotimz said:

Could always check if the folks at magicbox[at]sprint.com knows of a way since they deal with MBs and presumably Airaves all the time. 

Thanks! I'll keep that in mind in the future. I also got the folks direct number for ticket support too, but the looks at things they are overnighting me a new one.

So it's up and running. Here's a screenshot from signal check pro. It looks like I'm connected to the voice side, but when I place a call I don't hear the 3 beeps.aa3878c41f760a9b027e08e9a729fca7.jpg

• Like 3

8 hours ago, travisc said:

So it's up and running. Here's a screenshot from signal check pro. It looks like I'm connected to the voice side, but when I place a call I don't hear the 3 beeps.aa3878c41f760a9b027e08e9a729fca7.jpg

Try dialing *99 and see if you hear the pre-recorded message ("You are now within Airave Coverage.").