iPhone 8, 8+, X announced

nobius

52 minutes ago, derrph said:

I’m not seeing no calling plus after the update.

Luckily for me I didn’t have crashing issues updating my X this morning.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You lucked out! It was unbelievable. Our devices were sitting there charging and they literally started crashing over and over with the charge plug sound.

Seems like apps with local notifications were the cause.

Apple Support (and perhaps Sprint Support) is going to be swamped about this.

I guess the upside is that everyone affected will need to update to iOS 11.2 and they’ll have the latest carrier/baseband.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, shaferz said:

I was REALLY hoping and thinking that Calling Plus would be enabled with 11.2.  Damn.  ?

Yeah: I think that VCC is as far as we’ll get on iOS until the switch is flipped for VoLTE. With VoLTE launching next year most likely, it probably doesn’t make sense to build it for iOS.

Also, it’s possible that Apple doesn’t want Calling Plus and is telling Sprint to come back when VoLTE is available.

Seems an exception for “Calling Plus” was made for the Apple Watch LTE, which appears to do VoIP for Voice... but for the iPhone, it’s a no-go.

• Like 1

I added the TEP Plus to my plan. Does anyone know if this is the one with Apple Care tied to it? It was the only insurance that I saw.

On 12/4/2017 at 9:05 AM, tybo31316 said:

Mine has not been working properly for a while. Dating back to iOS 10 and iPhone 7 Plus.

Sprint says they’ve been able to reproduce the WiFi Calling Issue on iOS 11.2:

• Like 1

On 12/3/2017 at 11:16 PM, RedSpark said:

Is Wi-Fi Calling not working properly for anyone else here since updating to iOS 11.2?

It's quite sporadic for me. Part of the day it works, and even that is hit and miss. And I'm on the 7 Plus.

It's quite sporadic for me. Part of the day it works, and even that is hit and miss. And I'm on the 7 Plus.

I’m having problems too. It doesn’t even seem to work great with text messaging.

Just now, danlodish345 said:

I’m having problems too. It doesn’t even seem to work great with text messaging.

It's certainly a weird and wacky issue, that's for sure.

20 hours ago, danlodish345 said:

Definitely wacky. It’s annoying.

Apparently a backend fix was implemented last night to resolve this issue. Should be working properly now.

On 12/7/2017 at 6:49 PM, RedSpark said:

Apparently a backend fix was implemented last night to resolve this issue. Should be working properly now.

Weird. I turned it back on and it's not working at all for me at the moment.

Update: I did a service update, and it's back up and running.

This WiFi Calling Issue is a real thing. It’s affecting me and another line as well... and perhaps others on our plan.

https://www.macrumors.com/2017/12/11/sprint-wifi-calling-not-working-ios-11-2/

https://community.sprint.com/t5/iPhone/Wifi-Calling-IOS-11-2/m-p/986133/highlight/true#M795

I’ll bet we get an updated Carrier Bundle very soon to rollback some changes they made.

56 minutes ago, RedSpark said:

This WiFi Calling Issue is a real thing. It’s affecting me and another line as well... and perhaps others on our plan.

https://www.macrumors.com/2017/12/11/sprint-wifi-calling-not-working-ios-11-2/

https://community.sprint.com/t5/iPhone/Wifi-Calling-IOS-11-2/m-p/986133/highlight/true#M795

I’ll bet we get an updated Carrier Bundle very soon to rollback some changes they made.

Hopefully soon. Although since 11.2, my phone has a harder time staying connected to my WiFi Connect router in right outside my bedroom than it used to. It appears whatever is affecting WiFi Calling has affected my WiFi in general.