iPhone 8, 8+, X announced

nobius

I also held off on the iPhone X and got the 8 instead.
Aside from concerns about Gen. 1 glitches, many apps weren’t updated for it yet. You couldn’t have multiple profiles for Face ID. It also lacked HPUE and support for Band 71.
I plan to get the new X this year with my annual upgrade.

I plan on doing the same thing. I’m up for upgrade 10/1/18
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, tybo31316 said:

What type of issues are you having?

I went with the 8 Plus over the X because I fear first generation devices having issues.

Main issue has been radio. Compared to my iphone 7 Plus, it is like converting back to an iphone 5.

The front glass also seems very susceptible to scratching. Compared to my 7+ which is a year older, I have much more scratches on the X than the 7+.

• Like 1

Main issue has been radio. Compared to my iphone 7 Plus, it is like converting back to an iphone 5.

The front glass also seems very susceptible to scratching. Compared to my 7+ which is a year older, I have much more scratches on the X than the 7+.

The radio is definitely weaker than the 7+. My wife uses my old 7+ and she’s connected to LTE in more places. I’m very skeptical about the 2018 iPhones using intel chips.

52 minutes ago, jroepcke51 said:

10 minutes ago, tybo31316 said:

The radio is definitely weaker than the 7+. My wife uses my old 7+ and she’s connected to LTE in more places. I’m very skeptical about the 2018 iPhones using intel chips.

Like both of you, I noticed that with my X over my 7+ as well. I got a mobile hotspot to cover that issue, and now I use my iPad 6th Gen since I use it for business and carry it everywhere, and most of my dead spots are fully covered again. Hopefully the next iPhone X has much stronger radios than the first one.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/27/2018 at 4:41 PM, MacinJosh said:

Like both of you, I noticed that with my X over my 7+ as well. I got a mobile hotspot to cover that issue, and now I use my iPad 6th Gen since I use it for business and carry it everywhere, and most of my dead spots are fully covered again. Hopefully the next iPhone X has much stronger radios than the first one.

I’m thinking of maybe getting the iPhone 8+ Do you think it’s still worth it?

31 minutes ago, danlodish345 said:

I have no idea. I would think it would be worth it.

23 minutes ago, MacinJosh said:

I have no idea. I would think it would be worth it.

OK because I also have the iPhone X and I’d like to have the second best thing to it so it looks like the iPhone 8+ would be best.

7 hours ago, danlodish345 said:

If you do get an 8+, make sure to get a deal on it, because the iPhone 8, 8+, X do not support HPUE and do not support 600 MHZ (which could either be used for T-Mobile roaming or for after the merger goes through). If Apple keeps with past patterns, new iPhones should be announced in the next 5-6 weeks. Apple likes to do stuff on Tuesdays, so I’m thinking September 11 or September 18.

If you do get an 8+, make sure to get a deal on it, because the iPhone 8, 8+, X do not support HPUE and do not support 600 MHZ (which could either be used for T-Mobile roaming or for after the merger goes through). If Apple keeps with past patterns, new iPhones should be announced in the next 5-6 weeks. Apple likes to do stuff on Tuesdays, so I’m thinking September 11 or September 18.

September 11 would be a very undesirable day.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, danlodish345 said:

September 11 would be a very undesirable day.

So true. ?

I guess it could be on that Wednesday instead.

I’d get it on a deal or wait for the 2018 iPhones.

I may just wait all together to see what happens because I want confirmation that the latest technology deployed on the network side is also pull into the phone like 256QAM and 4X4 Mimo.

• Like 2

I personally would wait for the next iPhone model, hopefully for the addition of the the 600 Mhz band.

You can roam on T-Mobile's 700 Mhz band with the current iPhones, it would be nice to roam on their 600 Mhz band when available.
With or without the merger.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bob Newhart said:

I personally would wait for the next iPhone model, hopefully for the addition of the the 600 Mhz band.

You can roam on T-Mobile's 700 Mhz band with the current iPhones, it would be nice to roam on their 600 Mhz band when available.
With or without the merger.

Hopefully there’s a price drop this year as well for the iPhone X v2.

Does “Data Roaming” have to be enabled under settings to roam on T-Mobile?

I currently have voice/data roaming disabled.

12 hours ago, RedSpark said:

I have been seeing $699-$749 for the 6.1'' LCD iPhone, $899 for the 2018 iPhone X, and $999 for the 2018 iPhone X Plus. All rumors/speculation of course.

-Anthony

• Like 1

I have been seeing $699-$749 for the 6.1'' LCD iPhone, $899 for the 2018 iPhone X, and $999 for the 2018 iPhone X Plus. All rumors/speculation of course.

-Anthony

Well let’s see what happens. If it comes down cheap enough I might actually buy one out right.

On 8/14/2018 at 2:10 AM, RedSpark said:

Does “Data Roaming” have to be enabled under settings to roam on T-Mobile?

I currently have voice/data roaming disabled.

You do need to have data roaming enabled to use T-Mobile's LTE data.
On the iPhone you need to enable voice roaming to be able to enable data roaming.

When on Sprint's voice and on T-Mobile's data, you will see Sprint as the provider on the status bar.

When on Verizon (or other like US Celluar)'s voice and T-Mobile's data, you will see Extended as the name of the provider on the status bar.
Soon, you will only be able to roam on Verizon (and others) voice, not any non-LTE data.

Can anyone clarify what order QAM (both for downlink and uplink) the iPhone 8, 8+ and X support?

Also, I believe the iPhone does not support UL CA, but was wondering if someone could clarify that for me as well?

7 hours ago, Bob Newhart said:

You do need to have data roaming enabled to use T-Mobile's LTE data.
On the iPhone you need to enable voice roaming to be able to enable data roaming.

When on Sprint's voice and on T-Mobile's data, you will see Sprint as the provider on the status bar.

When on Verizon (or other like US Celluar)'s voice and T-Mobile's data, you will see Extended as the name of the provider on the status bar.
Soon, you will only be able to roam on Verizon (and others) voice, not any non-LTE data.

If I turn roaming on, am I at risk of hitting the domestic roaming limit here in the DC area? This isn’t something I wanted to pay attention to or risk having service frozen/cancelled over. I have all the Auto Update over cellular functions on my device enabled.

12 hours ago, RedSpark said:

If I turn roaming on, am I at risk of hitting the domestic roaming limit here in the DC area? This isn’t something I wanted to pay attention to or risk having service frozen/cancelled over. I have all the Auto Update over cellular functions on my device enabled.

Very soon, you will mostly just roam extended for data, which does not count against the 100MB(?) monthly limit.

Even now, if you reached the roaming limit, the data will just stop, no charge, no concerns.

18 hours ago, Bob Newhart said:

Very soon, you will mostly just roam extended for data, which does not count against the 100MB(?) monthly limit.

Even now, if you reached the roaming limit, the data will just stop, no charge, no concerns.

So I should turn on both data and voice roaming?

7 hours ago, RedSpark said:

So I should turn on both data and voice roaming?

The only reason that I wouldn't have any roaming enabled is if I'm in a building on the edge of Sprint coverage, with the signal coming and going, it could cause it to use up the battery.

I always have roaming enabled.

• Like 1