SITE UPGRADE WARNING

S4GRU

8 minutes ago, danlodish345 said:

I had problems last week accessing the site. It said of 404 error not found. But it works now though. That was strange.

That was a DNS problem.  Not related to Tapatalk or the upgrade.

2 minutes ago, S4GRU said:

That was a DNS problem.  Not related to Tapatalk or the upgrade.

I find it inconvenient that I can’t access it through Tapatalk... but as you said it’s out of our hands. 

26 minutes ago, S4GRU said:

Unfortunately the current release of Tapatalk is not working with the current release of IP Board that we are on.  It will supposedly be fixed on the next update of Tapatalk.  But we are still on the 8/17 release when I just checked a few mins ago.  It is out of our hands.

Hi Robert.  Thanks for the update.  I was not aware that the issue was on Tapatalk's side.  Hopefully it does get fixed in the next release with Tapatalk since I love reading S4GRU on Tapatalk.

1 hour ago, ericdabbs said:

Hi Robert.  Thanks for the update.  I was not aware that the issue was on Tapatalk's side.  Hopefully it does get fixed in the next release with Tapatalk since I love reading S4GRU on Tapatalk.

The new mobile site is pretty nice, easier to use than the old one. 

• Like 1

TAPATALK BACK WORKING!!!

I saw a new IP Board security update this morning.  Installed it.  I figured I would try reinstalling the old Tapatalk update from August with the new IPBoard update from today...and what do you know?

It started working again!

For those of you using Tapatalk, give it a whirl and let me know if it's working for you too!

Robert

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

I noticed that all my S4GRU previous followed threads were all "muted" so not sure why that was the case, but you may have to "unmute" them to get the notifications. I know I didn't do this, so perhaps some configuration got pushed from the update? Just FYI. 

It does appear that Tapatalk doesn't like the new IP Board hard return format. Paragraphs don't appear formatted correctly in Tapatalk.

Maybe there is a setting?

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Has anyone tried the premier forums in tapatalk? On mine it's asking for a password when I try to access

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

It asks for the password when browsing the category, but they work in the Unread and other tabs.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Does anyone know what the URL to get to the latest post is now for links? Prior to the website update, I always ended my weblinks with 

"ng-galaxy-s8-dual-simduos/?view=getnewpost"

which would take me to the newest post. I can't seem to figure out if that's possible anymore? I just get to the front page. Hitting the unread section top right sort of works, but is a little quirky too as I get all the posts instead of the thread I want.

13 minutes ago, mmark27 said:

Does anyone know what the URL to get to the latest post is now for links? Prior to the website update, I always ended my weblinks with 

which would take me to the newest post. I can't seem to figure out if that's possible anymore? I just get to the front page. Hitting the unread section top right sort of works, but is a little quirky too as I get all the posts instead of the thread I want.

/?do=getNewComment

16 minutes ago, mnjeepmale said:

So why is it that every time I click on S4GRU Club in Tapatalk it's asking for a password and it doesn't work? I'm already signed-in.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

That is a known bug. You have to view those threads from the "unread" or "new" feed. 

18 hours ago, mmark27 said:

I made an activity to get unread threads and when clicked takes you to the last unread post. Not sure if link will work but it did in incognito mode.

http://s4gru.com/index.php?/discover/20/

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, Flompholph said:

I made an activity to get unread threads and when clicked takes you to the last unread post. Not sure if link will work but it did in incognito mode.

http://s4gru.com/index.php?/discover/20/

Hey by the way guys I’m able to access the website through Tapatalk now.

1AE70996-E23A-49C6-8FE0-6BE631F23774.png