SITE UPGRADE WARNING

S4GRU

My latest comm's with Chris of Tapatalk tech support:

Hi David,   The forum appears to be not functioning correctly this evening, I'll try tomorrow. Sorry for the wait!   Chris Tapatalk Support

Translation: it doesn't work in Tapatalk, so the forum must not be working right. LOL. Or he immediately got blocked thanks to their crappy code. Oh that would be precious.. [emoji48]

• Haha 1

Latest from my conversation:

Hi David, 
I think we figured out what might be the problem here. 
The forum admin updated their forum system to 4.3 but has an older version of Tapatalk plugin installed. 
We have contacted the forum admin to update their Tapatalk plugin. Please do the same as requests from members are attended to more quickly. 

Regards, 
Tapatalk Support Team

(I'm just the messenger) ?

Bitten again by bug last night. First time in a while.

Sent from my LG-LS997 using Tapatalk

9 hours ago, davidtm said:

Latest from my conversation:

Hi David, 
I think we figured out what might be the problem here. 
The forum admin updated their forum system to 4.3 but has an older version of Tapatalk plugin installed. 
We have contacted the forum admin to update their Tapatalk plugin. Please do the same as requests from members are attended to more quickly. 

Regards, 
Tapatalk Support Team

(I'm just the messenger) ?

They did drop a new plugin on Friday.  I just installed it now.  Let me know how it goes!

Robert

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

403 ERROR

The request could not be satisfied.

Request blocked.

Generated by cloudfront (CloudFront)
Request ID: wYxrleriwRlmP1lDOPidiN7fPDGPZrhCRs45IwxJlrPTZu2FgzIEbg==

Error still happening when I have issues that allow my phone with tapatalk (latest version) to be the same Natted IP as PC. (Firefox browser (latest).

• 2 weeks later...
My Fios IP is blocked again. Consistently happens when I use Tapatalk to browse the board.. if I stay logged in for notifications but use the mobile website, it doesn't seem to happen.
-Mike
"Chris" at Tapatalk asked me for blocked IPs vs not blocked IPs the last time I had an exchange with him. You might send him your issue backed up with IP addresses.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

• 6 months later...

I haven't been blocked for a long time now. Seems that problem is fixed.

But it takes foreeeeeverrrrr for Tapatalk to update it's cache from S4GRU when launching the app and opening the site. Anyone else see this?

... I can help get it going a bit faster if I force close the app and clear it's cache before launching.

• Like 1

But it takes foreeeeeverrrrr for Tapatalk to update it's cache from S4GRU when launching the app and opening the site. Anyone else see this?

... I can help get it going a bit faster if I force close the app and clear it's cache before launching.

This is by far the slowest loading forum I have in Tapatalk, though XDA isn't far behind. Sometimes the topics list won't load at all for me. I've never tried clearing the app cache. Posting seems normal though.

I just checked to see if they have released a new plug-in to see if it would help performance.  But they are still on version 1.5.2.  Which we upgraded S4GRU to back in May.

Robert

EDIT:  I reinstalled them to see if that helps.

• Like 3

I have the same issue with it often not loading in Tapatalk. I've found that I can just swipe away Tapatalk and reopen it, and then it works quickly.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

On another note, the site in general has seemed to have issues the past several days in terms of either accessibility or latency from my end.  Hadn't seen any particular posts from others expressing the same thing but I've experienced it both at work, at home and on via mobile.

Having said the above, right now and generally today so far its been fine.

• Like 4

I PM'd Robert a few days ago....    I have a very difficult time loading the site and selecting the threads.     It's been about 5 or 6 days.    Did anyone notice either Tuesday or Wednesday the site was completely down in the morning (7-8am eastern time)?  I was hoping it would be fixed by now..,. but am still having issues. 

I reached out to Robert a few days ago regarding error messages and timeouts when trying to load certain threads over the last week, and slow loading times on others. He said there was a software update available that he was going to try. Perhaps that did the trick, as everything seems to be working great today.

-Mike

3 hours ago, PythonFanPA said:

On another note, the site in general has seemed to have issues the past several days in terms of either accessibility or latency from my end.  Hadn't seen any particular posts from others expressing the same thing but I've experienced it both at work, at home and on via mobile.

Having said the above, right now and generally today so far its been fine.

I also have been having issues with the site in the past few days.

Clinking on a existing thread to see  a new comment is sometimes slow.  Might take 10 seconds to get a response. Might even have to click on the new comment the second time. This is the only site I have with this issue.  This issue started for me over a week ago.

• Like 2