SITE UPGRADE WARNING

S4GRU

I have stopped using tapatalk for this forum and am using chrome mobile browser. I got blocked. 
Screenshot_20180310-152117.thumb.png.5d51366cffa172a627a2b4efa61ccd5d.png
Force close Tapatalk on all your devices. It runs in the background.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

On 3/12/2018 at 8:40 AM, mrknowitall526 said:

This has never happened to me..
Am I just lucky?

Sent from my 2PS64 using Tapatalk

It's possible that Tapatalk problems are from one specific feature or page you do not use. 

• 1 month later...

Tapatalk logged me out when upgrading and now it won’t let me log in using the forum username and password. Tried deleting and reinstalling, nothing works. I’ve never had a problem until now.

11 hours ago, jasonsteele said:

Tapatalk logged me out when upgrading and now it won’t let me log in using the forum username and password. Tried deleting and reinstalling, nothing works. I’ve never had a problem until now.

Known problem affecting a number of users. Robert and myself attempted to  diagnose /   fix it from the our  end to no avail. We're not sure what's the issue at this point as well...

30 minutes ago, lilotimz said:

Known problem affecting a number of users. Robert and myself attempted to  diagnose /   fix it from the our  end to no avail. We're not sure what's the issue at this point as well...

Yeah, I've not had any problem for ages and suddenly the last few days Tapatalk won't let me in. Is can the timeline be traced back to a specific set of posts that have some feature enabled in them? Polls? Odd embedded links? Did the forum get updated? I started having trouble just before Tapatalk updated.

20 minutes ago, DurhamHusker said:

Yeah, I've not had any problem for ages and suddenly the last few days Tapatalk won't let me in. Is can the timeline be traced back to a specific set of posts that have some feature enabled in them? Polls? Odd embedded links? Did the forum get updated? I started having trouble just before Tapatalk updated.

It began sometime last week or the week before.

Robert updated the forums to the new IPboard security update but I think we had some reports of it happening even before it. We've reinstalled  the tapatalk plugin several times to try and fix the issue but nothing. 

What's weird is that you can sign up an account to the forum on taptalk but can't login with it. So tapatalk can communicate with the forum at least for that but fails for logging in. I actually would recommend people contact tapatalk support and see their thoughts as Robert has done everything we can on our end AFAIK. 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, lilotimz said:

It began sometime last week or the week before.

Robert updated the forums to the new IPboard security update but I think we had some reports of it happening even before it. We've reinstalled  the tapatalk plugin several times to try and fix the issue but nothing. 

What's weird is that you can sign up an account to the forum on taptalk but can't login with it. So tapatalk can communicate with the forum at least for that but fails for logging in. I actually would recommend people contact tapatalk support and see their thoughts as Robert has done everything we can on our end AFAIK. 

I've sent an email to Tapatalk support. We'll see what comes of it.

• Like 1

I got a reply to my email from "Chris." I gave him the line on the IPboard security update correlation with the account sign up / login discrepancy story. He thanked me for the note said he'd pass it on to the "technical team."

• Like 1

I, too, emailed and received a response from Chris:

Tapatalk folks,

I am a fairly satisfied user, but I must let you know of a significant problem with one of the sites I frequent. S4GRU is no longer usable on Tapatalk. The staff there have repeatedly tried to load the plug-in, but we can no longer even log in to the site through Tapatalk.

Please work with them to resolve this, and I'll then be able to enjoy that forum on Tapatalk once again.

Thanks,
David Moody

------Device------
Device ID : 79386b86566cebecbb3a8b448619d94c
Build.MODEL : P027
Android Version : 7.0
App Version : 7.3.3
Build version : 3601009
TT ID : 1939826
TT Username : fivemoodys
TT LoginType : normal
TT Status : confirmed
Google Play services Version : 12529022

------Forum URLs------
  https://priuschat.com
  https://forum.xda-developers.com
  https://forums.androidcentral.com
  http://www.subaruforester.org/vbulletin

Chris W chris@tapatalk.com

10:11 PM (12 hours ago)
cleardot.gif

cleardot.gif
to me
cleardot.gif

Hi David,

What is the link to the forum please?

Thanks
Chris
Tapatalk Support
cleardot.gif

10:18 PM (12 hours ago)
cleardot.gif

cleardot.gif
to Chris
cleardot.gif

Here it is:

David

Sent from my HTC U11
  • Like 2

Received this evening. No idea what this really means . . .

(From tapatalk)

Thanks David.

I can confirm that our technical team is working on this :)

Chris
Tapatalk Support
  • Like 2

We installed the new plug-in from Tapatalk last night.  Maybe things will get better.

Robert

• Like 4

I was finally able to log in, so far so good.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
We installed the new plug-in from Tapatalk last night.  Maybe things will get better.
Robert
I'm in with Tapatalk now, too. Thanks!

Both Tim and I have been locked out of our S4GRU accounts by Tapatalk repeating login attempts over and over again in a loop.  I received 18 lock out email notifications in a row.  They never get it just right.

Robert

• Sad 1

• 2 weeks later...
Both Tim and I have been locked out of our S4GRU accounts by Tapatalk repeating login attempts over and over again in a loop.  I received 18 lock out email notifications in a row.  They never get it just right.
Robert
I think their "Tapatalk ID" scheme is behind it. They want to be the center of your forum universe, creating all of your accounts through them. On a freshly flashed device, I installed the latest Tapatalk version, logged in, and was immediately blocked by the site. Their centralized (in the app) notification center pings all of your stored forums for notifications, messages, posts, etc when it loads or after you log in the first time. I don't know if the Pro version of the app does anything differently, but I was able to open it and log in to the forum after opening it, after disconnecting WiFi (I was on my home WiFi during my initial login and block.)

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

My latest comm's with Chris of Tapatalk tech support:

C'ville Moodys *********@gmail.com
May 6 (10 days ago)
cleardot.gif

cleardot.gif
to Chris

Chris,

Thanks to another plug-in, I can again log into the forum, but not the restricted portion (the "s4gru club" section). This issue had developed before, and could bee a separate issue.

Any suggestions?
cleardot.gif
Chris W
May 8 (8 days ago)
cleardot.gif

cleardot.gif
to me
cleardot.gif
Hi David,

What happens when you access that section? Can you send me a screen shot please?

Thanks
Chris
Tapatalk Support
cleardot.gif

C'ville Moodys ********@gmail.com

AttachmentsMay 8 (8 days ago)
cleardot.gif

cleardot.gif
to Chris
cleardot.gif

(Screenshot inserted here)
Here ya go. If I reenter my forum password, "Invalid password" pops up.
cleardot.gif

Chris W

May 9 (7 days ago)
cleardot.gif

cleardot.gif
to me
cleardot.gif
Hmmm ok. Can you confirm that it works when using a web browser? Let's rule out that the admin might have changed the forum password.

Thanks
Chris
Tapatalk Support
cleardot.gif

C'ville Moodys ********@gmail.com

May 9 (7 days ago)
cleardot.gif

cleardot.gif
to Chris
cleardot.gif
Yes, no problem in a browser. In fact, I've reverted to a browser for that forum, rather than Tapatalk.
cleardot.gif

Chris W

May 10 (6 days ago)
cleardot.gif

cleardot.gif
to me
cleardot.gif
Hi David,

I've signed up there to test but it looks like I need to be a sponsor to access that section.
I'll double check their plugin and see if anything else is wrong.

Thanks
Chris
Tapatalk Support
cleardot.gifC'ville Moodys *********@gmail.com
May 10 (6 days ago)
cleardot.gif

cleardot.gif
to Chris
cleardot.gif
Yes, it's an area restricted to members of the forum who made a donation.

David
cleardot.gif

Chris W

May 11 (5 days ago)
cleardot.gif

cleardot.gif
to me
cleardot.gif
Hi David,

The only way I can further test this is if you would be willing to temporarily reset your password and let me test it, sorry.

Chris
Tapatalk Support
cleardot.gif

C'ville Moodys **********@gmail.com

May 11 (5 days ago)
cleardot.gif

cleardot.gif
to Chris
cleardot.gif
Here ya go:

davidtm
[************]

Chris W

11:40 PM (16 hours ago)
cleardot.gif

cleardot.gif
to me
cleardot.gif
Hi David,

The forum appears to be not functioning correctly this evening, I'll try tomorrow. Sorry for the wait!

Chris
Tapatalk Support