SITE UPGRADE WARNING

S4GRU

Ok, yup, now it's annoying. Still blocked from my home IP, but can get in with WiFi disabled. Now that I've seen it a couple of times, I do think I've experienced it in the past, but wrote it off as a Tapatalk problem. This time (well, last night when I posted) I checked from my PC and got the blocked message in the browser.

Sent from my BBB100-3 using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, Grabber5.0 said:

Ok, yup, now it's annoying. Still blocked from my home IP, but can get in with WiFi disabled. Now that I've seen it a couple of times, I do think I've experienced it in the past, but wrote it off as a Tapatalk problem. This time (well, last night when I posted) I checked from my PC and got the blocked message in the browser.

You cannot get blocked via PC.  Only Tapatalk.  Once you get a block, it stays in effect for 48 hours for that IP address.  Access the site with that IP address in any software or device will result in barred entry.  Change to another IP address away from Tapatalk, and you should be good.  After 48 hours since the last blocking infraction, all should be right with the world.  And if you avoid Tapatalk, it won't happen again.

Tapatalk seems to have fixed the major error that was resulting in blocks. Now there are some minor coding errors that infrequently cause blocks. These are going to be much harder to shake out. What were you doing right before the block occurred?

You cannot get blocked via PC.  Only Tapatalk.  Once you get a block, it stays in effect for 48 hours for that IP address.  Access the site with that IP address in any software or device will result in barred entry.  Change to another IP address away from Tapatalk, and you should be good.  After 48 hours since the last blocking infraction, all should be right with the world.  And if you avoid Tapatalk, it won't happen again.
Tapatalk seems to have fixed the major error that was resulting in blocks. Now there are some minor coding errors that infrequently cause blocks. These are going to be much harder to shake out. What were you doing right before the block occurred?

Right, I was just confirming all traffic from my IP was blocked. I don't recall exactly what I was doing before it happened, just that I pulled up the site on Tapatalk and got the "Tapatalk sign-in service unavailable" (something like that) error, so I checked on my laptop and saw the "blocked" message. I had seen the sign-in message before, so I guess I have probably been blocked before without realizing it, but it had been a long time so I had forgotten about it. I am trying to remember what phone it was on.. I did swap back from the N5 to the KEYone yesterday, so probably different app version, and quite possibly several different IPs as I changed phones, and was on and off of WiFi, and I'm sure I got a new IP when I swapped phones. That's a lot of variables, so I doubt it helps narrow anything down.

• Thanks 1

I am trying to remember what phone it was on.. I did swap back from the N5 to the KEYone yesterday, so probably different app version, and quite possibly several different IPs as I changed phones, and was on and off of WiFi, and I'm sure I got a new IP when I swapped phones. That's a lot of variables, so I doubt it helps narrow anything down.

Sounds like it most likely happened because your other device had an older version of Tapatalk installed that didn't have the fixes for this issue.. I'd update all your devices to the latest version and after 48 hours see how it goes.

-Mike

Sounds like it most likely happened because your other device had an older version of Tapatalk installed that didn't have the fixes for this issue.. I'd update all your devices to the latest version and after 48 hours see how it goes.

-Mike

Quite possibly. I just checked, and it's my KEYone that has the older version of Tapatalk Pro on it (I had been holding out, because I don't like what they did to the saved forum list.. Sigh, a regular occurrence with their updates..) I'm pretty sure the N5 had the latest version on it - unfortunately I just installed Ubuntu Touch on it so I can't confirm that.

Still occasionally getting blocked despite using latest Tapatalk.  Inconvenient, irritating, but able to work around.

• Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...

Just got blocked for the first time. Using the most recent version of Tapatalk free (with VIP from the pay version).

My home IP has been blocked for about 32 hours now. I thought it expired after 24 hours?

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

32 minutes ago, ingenium said:

Just got blocked for the first time. Using the most recent version of Tapatalk free (with VIP from the pay version).

My home IP has been blocked for about 32 hours now. I thought it expired after 24 hours?

I think it's 48 hours.

• 2 weeks later...

Not sure you still need the block messages but here you go:

ERROR

The request could not be satisfied.

Request blocked. 
Generated by cloudfront (CloudFront) Request ID: ItIoSX-wGeef0sbuNh8JjA1S4cUva-RRumY4LzsWFEYA9RokCUnSaA==

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

• Like 4

I got blocked again a few hours ago. After talking to other users, I'm apparently not alone, several of us suddenly got blocked this afternoon. It had been awhile since it happened to me.

I received a Tapatalk notification for a new post in a thread I subscribed to (http://s4gru.com/forums/topic/5806-lg-google-nexus-5-users-thread) so I clicked on it.. got the usual Cloudfront error. I switched off WiFi and tried using my Sprint connection, and was able to browse normally for about 60 seconds.. then I got a Tapatalk notification for a different subscribed thread, and that IP got blocked as well. I'm mobile now so I have a different IP.

I am on Tapatalk 7.2.2, last update was about a month ago.

-Mike

7 minutes ago, mikejeep said:

I got blocked again a few hours ago. After talking to other users, I'm apparently not alone, several of us suddenly got blocked this afternoon. It had been awhile since it happened to me.

I received a Tapatalk notification for a new post in a thread I subscribed to (http://s4gru.com/forums/topic/5806-lg-google-nexus-5-users-thread) so I clicked on it.. got the usual Cloudfront error. I switched off WiFi and tried using my Sprint connection, and was able to browse normally for about 60 seconds.. then I got a Tapatalk notification for a different subscribed thread, and that IP got blocked as well. I'm mobile now so I have a different IP.

I am on Tapatalk 7.2.2, last update was about a month ago.

-Mike

Please message me the error text and IP address that is affected and see what I can find out. Thanks.

Please message me the error text and IP address that is affected and see what I can find out. Thanks.
He cannot send you a message at the moment Robert. Site won't let him.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I am now getting the blocked message too. Got it both on my office WiFi today and now at home. I'm unable to sign in on either my phone, laptop, or desktop at home now. I am able to get to the site on my phone on LTE to post this. Here is the error I am getting on my laptop.

7peiiJZ.jpg

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I've had nothing but blocks this past weekend. So frustrating as I would like to participate in threads, but can NOT get through. The Sprint network was also throwing me errors, which is the first time this has happened. 

I also want to report that I was trying to post on the Madison/Milwaukee Premier sheet thread (when it would load and not get Cloud Flare blocked), for which I have access, but it kept denying me. I'd type it all up, attach my photos, click send and it would give me the toast message that I am not allowed to post, "contact your admin if you continue to have issues".

Incredibly frustrating that I have to wait until I get to work to even post anything on this site. OR if I get lucky and get through at home, it'll still give me that message about failed posts. Because my home WiFi is burned too by the Cloud Flare. 

I know the issues lie outside our hands and we're all frustrated with it. 

9 hours ago, kg4icg said:

I just said screw it and used my browser, haven't had a single problem. Using edge on Android and my computer 

Interesting. I didn't know Microsoft made a Edge browser for Android. I will have to check it out. 

Interesting. I didn't know Microsoft made a Edge browser for Android. I will have to check it out. 
Cloud front blocked in Edge Browser too. Womp, Womp.

Force close/stop Tapatalk and leave it closed. That should prevent a new IP from getting blocked.

2 hours ago, mmark27 said:

It's a Tapatalk issue. If Tapatalk isn't running, you should not get blocked. Even if Tapatalk is running in the background, logged into this forum, it can still cause problems. I've stopped using it entirely for now until they fix whatever the problem is. 

I have a new update cache of info to give Tapatalk about the blocks. Hopefully this info will help them find a solution. Stay tuned.

Robert

• Like 4

1 hour ago, S4GRU said:

Hopefully this info will help them find a solution.

I have not been effected by this and I may be way out in left field but...why not just dump cloudflare completely, or is it built tightly into their hosted forum solutions for everybody with no option to do so?  I cant imagine we will see to much of a perf. hit, its mostly just text we are pushing around.

5 minutes ago, swintec said:

I have not been effected by this and I may be way out in left field but...why not just dump cloudflare completely, or is it built tightly into their hosted forum solutions for everybody with no option to do so?  I cant imagine we will see to much of a perf. hit, its mostly just text we are pushing around.

Cloudfront is part of the IP Board hosted solution. Cannot divorce from that.