SITE UPGRADE WARNING

S4GRU

Blocks are definitely less, but it has happened to me on one of my devices within the last day.

• Like 1

I'm thinking the avatar issue was the primary cause of the loop that was getting us blocked.  But there is likely other Tapatalk code that is used less often than the avatar that is also causing a loop.  Since Tapatalk admitted they have been building their app on lots and lots of old code, there could be many issues there.

From here moving forward, try to keep track of what activities are happening preceding any new blocks.  Maybe we can detect a trend to help them focus on another solution.  Thanks!

Robert

• Like 2

1 hour ago, mmark27 said:

I was doing really well without the blocks, but today complete anarchy. Blocked on Sprint network, my work WiFi, and my home WiFi. What in the world, TAPATALK. 

Do you recall what you were doing right before the initial block?

I was doing really well without the blocks, but today complete anarchy. Blocked on Sprint network, my work WiFi, and my home WiFi. What in the world, TAPATALK. 
I've been doing well without the Pro version and just the free version installed with VIP status. So don't you jinx me!
  • Like 1

I just got blocked again.. definitely a new block because I'm 800 miles away from home on Wi-Fi. I had just powered on my Pixel and when it finished booting I had a Tapatalk notification for a new post.. I clicked on it and got the Tapatalk error showing I was blocked, same via the web. Signed out of Tapatalk and disabled Wi-Fi to post via Sprint data.

-Mike

I have been blocked at home since Friday, only able to view the site on my phone on cellular network

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Do you recall what you were doing when you got blocked?

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

I've been doing well without the Pro version and just the free version installed with VIP status. So don't you jinx me!
My only block came when I made a trip through an experiment with the Pro version of Tapatalk installed. Back to the free version and no more issues for me.

• 3 weeks later...

This thread sure has gotten quiet.  Have people been having better luck, or have they just settled in with their workarounds?

Robert

This thread sure has gotten quiet.  Have people been having better luck, or have they just settled in with their workarounds?
Robert
Far less frequent. Had one issue yesterday. Might be multiple devices with varying IPs may be the issue for me. Switching from Sprint to WiFi, load balancing etc.

Sent from my LG-LS997 using Tapatalk

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, davidtm said:

I still can't get on the sponsor threads with Tapatalk, though I believe that's a separate issue. Have to use plain old Chrome for that.

Sent from my 2PZC5 using Tapatalk

Can you find them through the "timeline" tab? Of course only the recently updated ones will be near the top, but that's where I find them. Not ideal, but can work if it's a recent thread.

1 hour ago, Joski1624 said:

I still can't figure out how to "follow" anything in the protected threads.  If it's a public thread then I have no problem following.

It's not an option. IP Board disabled it for forums behind paywalls. Apparently that was something many sites requested, of course we want the opposite.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, S4GRU said:

I gave up and logged out of Tapatalk awhile ago.. but since it seems others are having fewer issues, maybe I'll try it again. I don't mind browsing the mobile site but I really miss Tapatalk's push notifications.

-Mike

2 hours ago, mikejeep said:
I gave up and logged out of Tapatalk awhile ago.. but since it seems others are having fewer issues, maybe I'll try it again. I don't mind browsing the mobile site but I really miss Tapatalk's push notifications.
-Mike

Ironically I m not having many issues at all with tapatalk...but one that I m having is that I can’t view the protected forums 

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have never had a problem getting blocked or not being able to access content, but to be honest, I can't tell what's private and what's not, so I'm sure I'm missing out. [emoji4] My only complaint is that the subscribed topics haven't been in the right order since the Tapatalk plug-in was updated. Older stuff appears well before later stuff. Really it almost seems completely random, with dates all over the place, but I'm sure there is some reason for the dates being un-sorted.

Edit: I just noticed I can view threads on the sponsor and premiere sponsor forums.. those are protected, right? I'm using Tapatalk Pro.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk