Google Pixel 2 XL by LG Preview/User Thread

skid71

I'm on the Jan 5th 2018 patch.
Restart your device, I did that last week I believe and when it turned on it updated.
I've tried...I'm on Sprint and on Android beta. What's ur carrier and beta or regular release?

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

15 minutes ago, imex99 said:

I've tried...I'm on Sprint and on Android beta. What's ur carrier and beta or regular release?

Sprint, Regular Release

47 minutes ago, imex99 said:

From what I've read you need to unenroll from beta before you'll get the update.

• 3 weeks later...

Visited Tijuana last night for work, my Pixel 2 XL connected to HSPA+ at first and later during the day I was on LTE :lol:.
Had no issues with data after crossing the border. Would say the experience was great. I would experience hiccups with data on the my previous Moto X Pure, had to either toggle airplane mode or shut off my phone for about an hour to be able to gain connectivity to 3G/HSPA+. This issue occurred multiple times while traveling to Tijuana and Mexico City. Must say that I am still on the old Sprint Open World with an ED 1500 Plan. Pretty pleased with my P2XL.

Screenshot_20180201-115337.png

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

Just placed an order for a Pixel 2 XL from the Google Store.  They are offering $200 off when you use thier 0% financing and a free 2nd charger.  My Nexus 6P had to have a warranty battery replacement a few months back and is already exhibiting battery issues again (shutting off at 5%-10%).  They offered me another $150 off for my 6P, so I figured why not.

Very excited to get this in the next few days, but I'll need to get an update SIM.  Is LTEGSM 4FF REM ISIM V2 correct?

24 minutes ago, jefbal99 said:

Just placed an order for a Pixel 2 XL from the Google Store.  They are offering $200 off when you use thier 0% financing and a free 2nd charger.  My Nexus 6P had to have a warranty battery replacement a few months back and is already exhibiting battery issues again (shutting off at 5%-10%).  They offered me another $150 off for my 6P, so I figured why not.

Very excited to get this in the next few days, but I'll need to get an update SIM.  Is LTEGSM 4FF REM ISIM V2 correct?

Check out the link below, it provides info about the SIM you need. I dont know the exact description but pretty sure it will help.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, nexuss4g said:

Check out the link below, it provides info about the SIM you need. I dont know the exact description but pretty sure it will help.

I totally forgot about that thread, thanks!!!

Ugh, reached out to oline chat support and they will gladly send me a free SIM for $10.  What gives?  SIMs have always shipped for free in the past, maybe its just bee awhile for me?

Have an appt my my local Sprint store for Wednesday to get a "Free" SIM...

I totally forgot about that thread, thanks!!!

Ugh, reached out to oline chat support and they will gladly send me a free SIM for $10.  What gives?  SIMs have always shipped for free in the past, maybe its just bee awhile for me?
Have an appt my my local Sprint store for Wednesday to get a "Free" SIM...
They changed the policy within the last year. You used to be able to get one for free through International Chat, but they closed that loophole. No way that I'm aware of to get one without paying $10.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, ingenium said:

They changed the policy within the last year. You used to be able to get one for free through International Chat, but they closed that loophole. No way that I'm aware of to get one without paying $10.

I tweeted to Marcelo and support reached out to me, asking about my experience.  I told what happened and I had an appointment scheduled for Wednesday.  The lady asked if she could call me.  She called about an hour later and said that the stores are rarely carrying SIM cards any longer?!?!?! (seems like a CS just making it up as they go along) and insisted I do the order from telesales.  She comp'd my account the $10 for the shipping charge, then transferred me to telesales.

It was a very weird experience, I had no issue goin to the Sprint store on Wednesday, but it'll save my lunch break, so I'll take it.

Can't wait to get my phone, got shipping notification from Google, the current eta is Saturday, but it hasn't been picked up yet, so maybe Friday?

Ugh, Sprint is quicker than Google.  SIM card will be delivered today, phone isn't scheduled for delivery until Saturday.  Feel like a kid on Winter break, waiting for Christmas to come :lol::rofl::D 

• Like 1

On 3/19/2018 at 8:27 PM, ingenium said:

Last time I requested a SIM from Sprint for my Moto X Pure, they shipped me 3 different SIMs. The last one they sent is was incorrect and the rep insisted it would work. I ended up visiting  6 Sprint stores and found it at a Store an hour away from home. At that time, shipping was free. 

When I got My Pixel 2 XL, went to a corporate store and got the SIM for free, third party stores wanted to charge $10 bucks for the SIM

• Like 1

3 hours ago, nexuss4g said:

Last time I requested a SIM from Sprint for my Moto X Pure, they shipped me 3 different SIMs. The last one they sent is was incorrect and the rep insisted it would work. I ended up visiting  6 Sprint stores and found it at a Store an hour away from home. At that time, shipping was free. 

When I got My Pixel 2 XL, went to a corporate store and got the SIM for free, third party stores wanted to charge $10 bucks for the SIM

My buddy is using my old Moto X Pure right now and he went thru that same hoopla.  He went to a third party store and got sold the wrong SIM, ended up at a Corp store to get it working.  I remember when the MXPE first came out, the pain to get the correct SIM for that...

Anyone having issues with Voicemail notifications on their Pixel 2 XL? I just called my voicemail and had 7 new voicemails from people who left messages. My phone never displayed a notification.

I've had the phone for 6hrs and just wow. This thing is fast as hell and so responsive.  I haven't played with the camera yet.  Very impressed with Google's transferring setup in Oreo.

I put a glass screen protector on it and hopefully my Live Case will be here on Tuesday!

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Grabbed the DP2 Beta of Android P on the Pixel 2 XL and the oddity I've seen thus far is data throughput is strange.  This very well could just be a coincidence, but bouncing between cell sites, seems to take forever for data to start flowing.

• 3 weeks later...

Was at LAX and noticed that one of my iPhones connected to WiFi automatically with a text stating (provided by Passpoint). For us pixel owners if you need WiFi at airports, it will not connect automatically but if you open up wireless networks, select Passpoint Secure  (you will see it locked) Modify EAP Method and select  “AKA” no need for username or password. Select Connect, you will be able to connect to the network. I was able to stream Hulu with no issues. Will see if it works at JFK as well when I leave.

Can confirm that WiFi connects automatically at JFK as well.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

Anyone having issues with the messages app receiving late or not sending messages? Received a few pics and see the attachment downloading but app closes unexpectedly. This happens with Sprint to Sprint phones (Pixel to iPhone) as well with AT&T numbers 

On 7/20/2018 at 8:49 PM, nexuss4g said:

Anyone having issues with the messages app receiving late or not sending messages? Received a few pics and see the attachment downloading but app closes unexpectedly. This happens with Sprint to Sprint phones (Pixel to iPhone) as well with AT&T numbers 

Negative, Android Messages has been rock solid

• 2 weeks later...

Upgraded my Pixel 2 XL to Pie, and now phone won't connect to LTE.  I'm stuck on EHDRPD.  Heads up or let me know if you run into the same problem.  

I've only tried toggling airplane mode and settings without success.  Will keep updated when I figure it out.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, crazy_vag said:

Upgraded my Pixel 2 XL to Pie, and now phone won't connect to LTE.  I'm stuck on EHDRPD.  Heads up or let me know if you run into the same problem.  

I've only tried toggling airplane mode and settings without success.  Will keep updated when I figure it out.

Are you coming from the beta or from the Oreo build? I've been on the beta since it was released and its second iteration and I don't have any LTE issues upgrading from the last beta version.

If you're already done carrier update after the update and you've already reset the device after installation you might need to do a clean wipe possibly for the software to configure properly over the last build! If it's simply just doesn't fix itself. I didn't see any other reason why the modem wouldn't connect to LTE besides some software Gremlins popping up