Jump to content
skid71

Google Pixel 2 XL by LG Preview/User Thread

Recommended Posts

58 minutes ago, ingenium said:

Did you ever opt in for the beta of pie? If you don't leave the beta then you won't receive the update.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
 

Hmm, I got the Sept security update normally

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, jefbal99 said:

Hmm, I got the Sept security update normally

You never opted in for the beta Pie releases?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, though said:

You never opted in for the beta Pie releases?

i never opt'd out

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, jefbal99 said:

i never opt'd out

Get on the 'normal' channel and you should be able to get it on day 1 from here on out...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/8/2018 at 1:33 PM, though said:

Get on the 'normal' channel and you should be able to get it on day 1 from here on out...

I thought opting out of the beta would require a device reset?  Is that not true any longer?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
I thought opting out of the beta would require a device reset?  Is that not true any longer?
Only if you revert to stable. Right now there is no beta, and you're on the stable channel already. You have to reset only because downgrades aren't supported.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, ingenium said:

Only if you revert to stable. Right now there is no beta, and you're on the stable channel already. You have to reset only because downgrades aren't supported.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
 

so going to android.com/beta takes me to https://developer.android.com/about/versions/pie/ and for the life of me I can't find an opt out option.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
so going to android.com/beta takes me to https://developer.android.com/about/versions/pie/ and for the life of me I can't find an opt out option.
Googled for "opt out Android beta" and this was the first result https://www.google.com/android/beta

Looks like it should work (I never enrolled in the beta program).

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, ingenium said:

Googled for "opt out Android beta" and this was the first result https://www.google.com/android/beta

Looks like it should work (I never enrolled in the beta program).

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
 

So weird, I did the same searches and ended up in different places.  Thanks for the assist and I now have the Oct update

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Apparently Wi-Fi calling is working on the Pixel 3.  Wonder if that will come to the 2.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, jreuschl said:

Apparently Wi-Fi calling is working on the Pixel 3.  Wonder if that will come to the 2.

Highly doubt it. They said visual voicemail wouldn't come to Pixel 2 so I bet the same goes for WiFi calling ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, though said:

Highly doubt it. They said visual voicemail wouldn't come to Pixel 2 so I bet the same goes for WiFi calling ?

I've read multiple people mention that hd calling and wifi calling is indeed working on P3. Bolds well for VoLTE support for Sprint.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, nexgencpu said:

I've read multiple people mention that hd calling and wifi calling is indeed working on P3. Bolds well for VoLTE support for Sprint.

That is correct. For the Pixel 3. Not the 2 or 1.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I wonder what is the reason why cant get these features on the pixel 2? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
I wonder what is the reason why cant get these features on the pixel 2? 
Absolutely none. FCC certification needed for VoLTE, but there is no reason for no wifi calling on the Pixel 1 and 2. It's literally just a config file with the proper parameters. Same with VoLTE if they would submit the recertification. No special or different software

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, ingenium said:

Absolutely none. FCC certification needed for VoLTE, but there is no reason for no wifi calling on the Pixel 1 and 2. It's literally just a config file with the proper parameters. Same with VoLTE if they would submit the recertification. No special or different software

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
 

Thanks for the details. I was reading that some provisioning is required from Sprint to enable the features. This just plain bothers me.... ? Wish we I had Wi-Fi calling since my work walls are cement and signal barely penetrates the building :( 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, nexuss4g said:

Thanks for the details. I was reading that some provisioning is required from Sprint to enable the features. This just plain bothers me.... ? Wish we I had Wi-Fi calling since my work walls are cement and signal barely penetrates the building :( 

Agreed. In my case it's because 1x is insanely congested, and I've had to stop using Sprint all together for phone calls as a result (since I can't understand anyone and they can't understand me). I'm going to be really pissed off if they don't enable it for the Pixel 2. So much so that it might cause me to switch carriers...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/25/2018 at 12:01 PM, ingenium said:

Agreed. In my case it's because 1x is insanely congested, and I've had to stop using Sprint all together for phone calls as a result (since I can't understand anyone and they can't understand me). I'm going to be really pissed off if they don't enable it for the Pixel 2. So much so that it might cause me to switch carriers...

Can we tweet Sprint or Marcelo even tho he is no longer is the CEO? lol or who should we push to get this update. Its ridiculous a flagship phone from Google doesn't have these features.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×