Google Pixel 2 XL by LG Preview/User Thread

skid71

58 minutes ago, ingenium said:

Did you ever opt in for the beta of pie? If you don't leave the beta then you won't receive the update.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Hmm, I got the Sept security update normally

On 10/8/2018 at 1:33 PM, though said:

Get on the 'normal' channel and you should be able to get it on day 1 from here on out...

I thought opting out of the beta would require a device reset?  Is that not true any longer?

I thought opting out of the beta would require a device reset?  Is that not true any longer?
Only if you revert to stable. Right now there is no beta, and you're on the stable channel already. You have to reset only because downgrades aren't supported.

9 hours ago, ingenium said:

Only if you revert to stable. Right now there is no beta, and you're on the stable channel already. You have to reset only because downgrades aren't supported.

so going to android.com/beta takes me to https://developer.android.com/about/versions/pie/ and for the life of me I can't find an opt out option.

so going to android.com/beta takes me to https://developer.android.com/about/versions/pie/ and for the life of me I can't find an opt out option.
Googled for "opt out Android beta" and this was the first result https://www.google.com/android/beta

Looks like it should work (I never enrolled in the beta program).

9 hours ago, ingenium said:

Googled for "opt out Android beta" and this was the first result https://www.google.com/android/beta

Looks like it should work (I never enrolled in the beta program).

So weird, I did the same searches and ended up in different places.  Thanks for the assist and I now have the Oct update

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, jreuschl said:

Apparently Wi-Fi calling is working on the Pixel 3.  Wonder if that will come to the 2.

Highly doubt it. They said visual voicemail wouldn't come to Pixel 2 so I bet the same goes for WiFi calling ?

40 minutes ago, though said:

Highly doubt it. They said visual voicemail wouldn't come to Pixel 2 so I bet the same goes for WiFi calling ?

I've read multiple people mention that hd calling and wifi calling is indeed working on P3. Bolds well for VoLTE support for Sprint.

2 hours ago, nexgencpu said:

I've read multiple people mention that hd calling and wifi calling is indeed working on P3. Bolds well for VoLTE support for Sprint.

That is correct. For the Pixel 3. Not the 2 or 1.

I wonder what is the reason why cant get these features on the pixel 2? 
Absolutely none. FCC certification needed for VoLTE, but there is no reason for no wifi calling on the Pixel 1 and 2. It's literally just a config file with the proper parameters. Same with VoLTE if they would submit the recertification. No special or different software

15 hours ago, ingenium said:

Absolutely none. FCC certification needed for VoLTE, but there is no reason for no wifi calling on the Pixel 1 and 2. It's literally just a config file with the proper parameters. Same with VoLTE if they would submit the recertification. No special or different software

Thanks for the details. I was reading that some provisioning is required from Sprint to enable the features. This just plain bothers me.... ? Wish we I had Wi-Fi calling since my work walls are cement and signal barely penetrates the building :( 

1 hour ago, nexuss4g said:

Thanks for the details. I was reading that some provisioning is required from Sprint to enable the features. This just plain bothers me.... ? Wish we I had Wi-Fi calling since my work walls are cement and signal barely penetrates the building :( 

Agreed. In my case it's because 1x is insanely congested, and I've had to stop using Sprint all together for phone calls as a result (since I can't understand anyone and they can't understand me). I'm going to be really pissed off if they don't enable it for the Pixel 2. So much so that it might cause me to switch carriers...

On 10/25/2018 at 12:01 PM, ingenium said:

Agreed. In my case it's because 1x is insanely congested, and I've had to stop using Sprint all together for phone calls as a result (since I can't understand anyone and they can't understand me). I'm going to be really pissed off if they don't enable it for the Pixel 2. So much so that it might cause me to switch carriers...

Can we tweet Sprint or Marcelo even tho he is no longer is the CEO? lol or who should we push to get this update. Its ridiculous a flagship phone from Google doesn't have these features.

• S4GRU changed the title to Google Pixel 2 XL by LG Preview/User Thread
  • S4GRU pinned this topic
  • 4 weeks later...

I figured out that we can connect to the Passpoint Secure wifi network by manually specifying AKA as the authentication method. I'm assuming the same works for any other Hotspot 2.0 provider that Sprint has a partnership with.7a74fa8ab897be5d2eaa98f2ac4080eb.jpgeea460b499428e799eb9a071bd0bc5e3.jpg

• Like 2

3 hours ago, ingenium said:

I figured out that we can connect to the Passpoint Secure wifi network by manually specifying AKA as the authentication method. I'm assuming the same works for any other Hotspot 2.0 provider that Sprint has a partnership with.

Yup, works pretty well at LAX and JFK. What airport did you used it at?

• Trip unpinned this topic