Google Pixel 2 XL by LG Preview/User Thread

skid71

13 hours ago, lilotimz said:

Fcc document afaik states support 4x4 on B2/25/4/66/38/41.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Thanks for clearing up the confusion. I wonder why Google's spec page doesn't show the same thing. It seemed a little ridiculous to me that they could make 4x4 work on 2 but not 25...

Thanks for clearing up the confusion. I wonder why Google's spec page doesn't show the same thing. It seemed a little ridiculous to me that they could make 4x4 work on 2 but not 25...

Just like how ridiculous it was for them to disable 3xCA on OG pixels with tmobile Sims until just this past summer.

Google does what Google does.

• Like 3

Does anyone have the Pixel 2 device link? (Not XL)
There isn't one unless you want to make one. I don't think a lot of people were enthusiastic about it.

9 hours ago, lilotimz said:

There isn't one unless you want to make one. I don't think a lot of people were enthusiastic about it.

Specs wise it is about as good as the XL right?  Less excitement comes from the smaller size?  I am leaning towards the 2 versus the XL just because i like being right around the nexus 5x size.

On ‎10‎/‎22‎/‎2017 at 10:49 AM, swintec said:

Specs wise it is about as good as the XL right?  Less excitement comes from the smaller size?  I am leaning towards the 2 versus the XL just because i like being right around the nexus 5x size.

All of the core specs are identical except for the size-dependent ones (battery, display size, resolution) I think a lot of the hype for the 2 XL vs the 2 is how much better the design of the Pixel 2 XL is as opposed to the regular Pixel 2... obviously talking about bezels and the curved display. You can't go wrong with the smaller Pixel, it has all the same features as the 2 XL and a better (Samsung) display.

Just got the devices myself and there is noticably blue tint at angle, and it definitely does crush the black in low light setting after about 35% and less. Other than that. None of the grain, and burn as others have experienced yet. I want to wait and see if the screen production improves before I contemplate RMA. As none of the other issues with speaker or call quality over the network.

• Like 2

Got mine yesterday and have to RMA it. I'll be out of town for 2 weeks so I may just return it and order it again when QC issues are sorted out. Graininess isn't bad, and the blue tint is only bad when it's on my desk. But I have a dead pixel in the middle of the screen, a pulsing high pitched noise in the earpiece only while on a call (including Hangouts) which seems to be synced with wifi traffic on 5 ghz, awful wifi handoffs (it drops the AP and won't see it again for over a minute even with active scanning), and the phone won't use any GLONASS satellites, so location accuracy takes a hit (7 vs 16 satellites total on my Pixel 1 XL).

I do like the way it feels though, it has a nice weight and shape, and the camera is nice. It's a bit snappier than my Pixel XL.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

• Like 3

Yikes, my phone is arriving tomorrow.  How sure are we that my Pixel 1 sim from Sprint won't work in Pixel 2? 
Any hope of picking up the sim at your local friendly sprint store?
My local store had plenty of them...go check in person and bring the sim information and not just ask, most don't know and need to look up sim information.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Please let us know how radio performance is in comparison to your current device/usual locations.
Picked up there pixel 2 xl as stated.... Came from the essential phone and v30.

Had the essential phone for about a month and a half and the v30 for a week.

Really liked both phones hardware, both had software issues....

The essential phone is a beautiful phone and feels great in the hands. Essential has been pushing many updates out and states Oreo coming soon and the phone has improved immensely from release. The camera is being updated often and is improving.

The v30 is an awesome phone and works great when issues with signal on Sprint. Front myself and a few others we had some signal issues and believe it to just be radio/software issues the should be correctable via an update.
I didn't feel like keeping a device waiting for the first update when the Pixel 2 xl was coming out because that's a lot of money to wait for an update.

I decided to return the v30 and keep my preorder of the 2 xl and no regrets at all. Yes, have some blue at an angel but in my day to day, it doesn't really affect me. I received a unit with no screen issues and I'm very happy. I'm getting better signal over both phone and it's the smoothest device I've used (Android/iOS/) in a long time.

• Like 3

9 hours ago, DurhamHusker said:

I don't see a thread for the Pixel 2. Am I missing it or has one just not been started?

One has not been started.  I think you are free to do so though.

8 minutes ago, imex99 said:

I enjoy my pixel 2 XL, thanks though!

You cannot play that card with me.  I have a Pixel 2 XL.  It is an odd duck.  Unattractive appearance, finish, and feel.  And that does not even address the second class OLED screen.  Not worth $900+.

AJ

You cannot play that card with me.  I have a Pixel 2 XL.  It is an odd duck.  Unattractive appearance, finish, and feel.  And that does not even address the second class OLED screen.  Not worth $900+.
AJ
Them return it and get over it....one of the best phones out!

3 hours ago, imex99 said:

Them return it and get over it....one of the best phones out!

I had the 2 XL and ended up returning it and getting a smaller 2.  Same performance (better RF on Verizon by 4-8 dBm in a number of low signal places). No issues with the OLED like I had on the 2 XL and a slightly more manageable for factor (yes the bezels are a little much). 

I like it though. I was able to get it for $550 (Best Buy had a sale) vs the $850 for the XL. The XL is definitely not worth $300 more than the smaller 2. Probably not even worth the $200 premium. 

6 hours ago, WiWavelength said:

AJ

how's the radio in the XL2 in your opinion?