SignalCheck Beta Crew Forum

mikejeep

I believe it's already there. There should be strongest coordinates and last seen coordinates.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

I know the coordinates are there. It would be convenient if Mike could add the geolocated address. 

I believe there is a limit of 1000 address lookups a day per google account. At least that is the most I can look up with a spreadsheet script. My point is that would be alot of lookups as you move closer to towers.

I can give you the script to do it in google spreadsheets after the fact. I only used it to easily give address to sites fast and dirty when creating market spreadsheets.

I normaly just throw the SCP db into fusion to get a map view. Well that is after I delete the unseen site from the market db.

• Like 2

Stock LG G4 with Android 6.0 works as it should, that is a typical SCP older phone (no earfcn).

Confirmed B25 10x10 earfcns are 8140, 8290, 8390, 8640.  Likely are 8090, 8140, 8240, 8290, 8390, 8440, 8490, 8540, 8590, 8640 assuming typical alignment [thanks to lilotimz for helping to finalize this list].   Messy situations would have to be identified per market.

I personally want the EARFCN displayed by SCP, even when I know what the site should be.  It is another means to judge the accuracy of both the SCP data and the site data.  Now if we could just get the RSRP value back for known sites while using user_notes B)

What do you mean by "get the RSRP value back for known sites"? You lost me..

Ie 34/3C, 35/3D, and 36/3E should correspond to the second MM on an antenna in a HC mm site.

Got it, thanks! I'll just label them MM's for now unless there's something special about this.

I know the coordinates are there. It would be convenient if Mike could add the geolocated address. 

I see how that could be useful when looking through your logs, but I think there are more cons than pros for this one. Like Flompholph said, Google limits how many geo-queries you can do; that's one reason why SCP won't query a BSL if the app isn't in the foreground -- no need to burn up limited resources. And it triggers more data transfer than one might expect. You can use Fusion tables or scripts on the raw data for now, I agree that is a better option. Adding an address field would cause a huge increase to the database size, since every sector would get a text address. Many people have many tens of thousands of database entries.

-Mike

Got it, thanks! I'll just label them MM's for now unless there's something special about this.

I see how that could be useful when looking through your logs, but I think there are more cons than pros for this one. Like Flompholph said, Google limits how many geo-queries you can do; that's one reason why SCP won't query a BSL if the app isn't in the foreground -- no need to burn up limited resources. And it triggers more data transfer than one might expect. You can use Fusion tables or scripts on the raw data for now, I agree that is a better option. Adding an address field would cause a huge increase to the database size, since every sector would get a text address. Many people have many tens of thousands of database entries.

-Mike

4th carrier is what is special since 80 MHz would be live while 8t8r is 60 MHz unless you do HC setup.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

-Mike

That is probably a swipe at me. The national DB uses the data from market spreadsheets to give a clearer image on how far you are in the neighbor cells. It uses -1 on known PCIs so it does not get wrote over. Unless you want to add tower location columns that are only used in the app to read and only used for neighbor cells distance. The big collection of SCP log is only 8.26MB with over 67,000 sectors. 

4th carrier is what is special since 80 MHz would be live while 8t8r is 60 MHz unless you do HC setup.

Ah.. but as far as SCP goes, is that something that warrants some sort of special indicator beyond "MM"?  Are these sectors confirmed by anyone else out there? I haven't seen any other reports of them besides what I observed at Fenway.

-Mike

That is probably a swipe at me. The national DB uses the data from market spreadsheets to give a clearer image on how far you are in the neighbor cells. It uses -1 on known PCIs so it does not get wrote over. Unless you want to add tower location columns that are only used in the app to read and only used for neighbor cells distance. The big collection of SCP log is only 8.26MB with over 67,000 sectors. 

No swipe intended.   Weaker RSRPs on changed PCIs have much higher odds of being in error.  This is actually a function of how many times this particular sector and band are seen (know from Signal Detector) but I assume that counting that would be even more difficult.

Ah.. but as far as SCP goes, is that something that warrants some sort of special indicator beyond "MM"? Are these sectors confirmed by anyone else out there? I haven't seen any other reports of them besides what I observed at Fenway.

-Mike

JWMaloney found one in his hometown a wild back. Check the 2.5 discussion thread in the p. Sponsor area..

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Ah.. but as far as SCP goes, is that something that warrants some sort of special indicator beyond "MM"?  Are these sectors confirmed by anyone else out there? I haven't seen any other reports of them besides what I observed at Fenway.

-Mike

There are rumors of another in New Orleans.  It would expect high capacity MM sites to increase as time goes on.  Based on what I have seen, they should have enough ports on the routers for the additional MMs to plug into. We have over 110 sites of MMs in Columbus, some with small cells nearby.

I think we have to look at the MM carriers as being virtual, like the triband antennas. which currently use the second carrier at some sites and the third carrier at others.  It is useful for people to know how many possible carriers are at a site based soley on what carrier they are on.   So I would have MM, MM2,MM3,MM4 for these high capacity sites.  So many people assume that no new bands equals no new capacity.  This is an educational effort.

• Like 3

I haven't paid attention before the beta update but is the ASU measurement broken now on Samsung devices?  The reason I am asking is that my S8 is only showing (99 asu).

I haven't paid attention before the beta update but is the ASU measurement broken now on Samsung devices?  The reason I am asking is that my S8 is only showing (99 asu).

First I'm hearing of it.. anyone else? I haven't touched anything in that part of the app recently..

-Mike

I think we have to look at the MM carriers as being virtual, like the triband antennas. which currently use the second carrier at some sites and the third carrier at others.  It is useful for people to know how many possible carriers are at a site based soley on what carrier they are on.   So I would have MM, MM2,MM3,MM4 for these high capacity sites.  So many people assume that no new bands equals no new capacity.  This is an educational effort.

I agree that it's good to know and seems to be fluid, I just need to figure out how to best display it. Going to continue my discussion further in that Premier thread lilotimz mentioned..

-Mike

Hey All...It's been awhile but I'm back! Still love Signal Check, still use it on Verizon. I'm obtaining a Moto G5 Plus to port a number I have on Verzion over to the Sprint promotion. Want to see what's changed since I've been here. Miss the crew, and look forward to being back. Thanks for the updates to the app! 

• Like 5

Any way to just turn off the "LTE connection found" message on the pull down screens?  Thanks

I saw it this morning on a LG G6 screen from imex99.

Sprint market 07C, which is Samsung, also has ALU sites.  They appear to all start at 500hex and end before 2501dec based on analysis of others and what I am seeing in logs.

Other than earfcn is not always accurate, no problems encountered on another trip with three phones running beta. 

So I've been removed from the group for awhile and I cannot remember. Was there anyone collecting logs to amass a database of site information? Or has that effort gone to the wayside? I remember some talk about it, but can't recall. Thanks!

So I've been removed from the group for awhile and I cannot remember. Was there anyone collecting logs to amass a database of site information? Or has that effort gone to the wayside? I remember some talk about it, but can't recall. Thanks!

Individual market data combined into "national" database exists.

Sent from my LG-LS997 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Yes, there is a thread discussing it in the Premier Sponsor section.

-Mike

Any way to just turn off the "LTE connection found" message on the pull down screens?

Oops, forgot I was testing that. On Android 7+, it may become a necessity if you have an Alert enabled. If no text is displayed, an exception is occurring and the Alert does not fire. Still exploring this.

Sprint market 07C, which is Samsung, also has ALU sites. They appear to all start at 500hex and end before 2501dec based on analysis of others and what I am seeing in logs.

Other than earfcn is not always accurate, no problems encountered on another trip with three phones running beta.

Are you saying the earfcn is not always accurate on these ALU sites in Samsung territory? Or in general? Are you seeing inaccuracies via the root method or the native Nougat routine?

-Mike

That reminds me there was a bug that locks up SCP if you import a db with an extra column. It has been a while I will try and reproduce it and send the db.

KD8JBF you should also check out the honored level kml for florida. I may PM you or pm me if you are going to try and track florida.

• Like 1