Jump to content

SignalCheck Beta Crew Forum


mikejeep

Recommended Posts

4 hours ago, RAvirani said:

I'm still seeing the issue with the latest update...should I continue to send diagnostic reports?

You can if you'd like, but don't lose sleep over it -- unfortunately to this point I haven't caught anything useful being recorded on any devices under any circumstances. It's very frustrating but I'm certainly not giving up.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 4 weeks later...

By the way, I noticed you split out locking the icons from locking the site notes. I figured it out the hard way but much prefer this format. 😁

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, PedroDaGr8 said:

By the way, I noticed you split out locking the icons from locking the site notes. I figured it out the hard way but much prefer this format. 😁

Agree! Thanks Mike!

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 months later...
On 8/31/2021 at 10:08 AM, RAvirani said:

If you're a nationwide database user, add you username to the beta crew settings menu!

And once you update to the latest and greatest beta release that went live on Google Play an hour ago, your username will actually be sent to the server properly and start tracking your "points"! :)

  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 5 weeks later...

A fresh update for the Beta Crew is now live on Google Play! There are two significant changes, among some other smaller bugfixes:

* If the device location is more than 10 seconds old, the accuracy will be recorded as "999" in the trail log. This will prevent entries with stale locations from being included in web uploads, and also be easy to quickly identify when looking at logs.

* Fixed 5G-NR cell ID display; the values were previously wrong if the selected user preference was an option with sectors. A new hex cell - hex sector display option for IDs was also added.

As always, any feedback is appreciated and thanks for your help!

  • Thanks 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 minutes ago, mikejeep said:

* If the device location is more than 10 seconds old, the accuracy will be recorded as "999" in the trail log. This will prevent entries with stale locations from being included in web uploads, and also be easy to quickly identify when looking at logs.

Big shoutout to Mike for getting this one done - this will be huge for the quality of data coming into the nationwide database!

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Mike, a few questions/comments:

1) Is there any way to disable the in-app update prompt?  On some of my phones, literally every time I switched away and back to SCP, it popped up to ask.  Really irritating since I wanted to do it on wifi.

2) PLMN 313690 popped up as T-Mobile when it appeared in my log, but it should probably be listed as either "Shentel" or "Beam", the latter being the brand name for the former's fixed LTE service.  I had a single-hit log of one of their sites and it shows as "T-Mobile B41" when it has nothing to do with T-Mobile. 

3) Any idea yet when a new public release might go out so that the database formats line up again? 

4) A friendly reminder that I'd love to have the ability to append to the names of the output files so I don't have to rename each one as I copy it to my computer.

Thanks again for all you do!

- Trip

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 hours ago, Trip said:

Mike, a few questions/comments:

1) Is there any way to disable the in-app update prompt?  On some of my phones, literally every time I switched away and back to SCP, it popped up to ask.  Really irritating since I wanted to do it on wifi.

I will look into it; the method I implemented is not supposed to pester users, but I certainly could have done something wrong.

 

17 hours ago, Trip said:

2) PLMN 313690 popped up as T-Mobile when it appeared in my log, but it should probably be listed as either "Shentel" or "Beam", the latter being the brand name for the former's fixed LTE service.  I had a single-hit log of one of their sites and it shows as "T-Mobile B41" when it has nothing to do with T-Mobile.

I do not have an entry for 313690, so "T-Mobile" is what was being reported to the OS. I'll add an entry for that PLMN..  what would the most useful designation be?

 

17 hours ago, Trip said:

3) Any idea yet when a new public release might go out so that the database formats line up again?

I intend to do it this week, with the version that went out to the Beta Crew a few days ago -- just need to ensure there are no lingering problems. So far it seems stable!

 

17 hours ago, Trip said:

4) A friendly reminder that I'd love to have the ability to append to the names of the output files so I don't have to rename each one as I copy it to my computer.

It's still on the list!

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, mikejeep said:

I intend to do it this week, with the version that went out to the Beta Crew a few days ago -- just need to ensure there are no lingering problems. So far it seems stable!

I'm getting frequent crashes and Android complaining about battery drain the last few days. I'm not really sure why. I try to send feedback but sometimes that crashes too. It seems to happen when my phone decides it no longer wants to use VoLTE and switches to 1x. So it might just be my device, but really not sure.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...