Jump to content

SignalCheck Beta Crew Forum


Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, mikejeep said:

When it freezes, does the screen keep updating? Can you send a diagnostic next time you notice it happens please.. thanks!

Sure will, I wanted to but I was driving so I couldn't search for the Send Diagnostics menu. It happened three times yesterday. I took one short drive today and it didn't happen. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 963
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Beta crew.. assemble!   A new update is finally published.. if you're special   -Mike

Already started working on something along those lines, great minds think alike! I have a busy few days coming up but I should have another update ready by mid-week.   I appreciate everyone's feedba

Just a quick update for the Beta Crew, yes I am still hacking away at the new Alerts.. it is a lot of work trying to get everything working well on Oreo+ devices while not breaking pre-Oreo devices. I

Posted Images

1 hour ago, PedroDaGr8 said:

Sure will, I wanted to but I was driving so I couldn't search for the Send Diagnostics menu. It happened three times yesterday. I took one short drive today and it didn't happen. 

As long as you've previously saved your username on a report, try a long-press on the "Connected to LTE" text... 😉

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, mikejeep said:

As long as you've previously saved your username on a report, try a long-press on the "Connected to LTE" text... 😉

I have another bug: Every now and then, when I click Menu>Exit the program doesn't fully close. The program window closes but the notification icon remains.

I can't help but wonder if it isn't related to the other bug because it did occur at least twice on Saturday around the same time as the location bug. Maybe when that happens, the location service doesn't resume gracefully. I think this not closing bug occurred again this morning so I sent a diagnostic report using the long press technique you just mentioned after reopening the app. I say think because I have noticed many times it takes a few to tens of second to close the notification icon but in the bug cases we are talking 30+ minutes and it is still there.
 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Ok it happened again. From what I can set, it is only the accuracy portion which is frozen at +/- 11.7m everything else updates just fine. During logging I picked up almost no data points during my drive. Typically I should have 100-200 data points (at least)in a 20 min through a "new" area, I had 25. Sent the diagnostics. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/5/2021 at 11:25 AM, PedroDaGr8 said:

I have another bug: Every now and then, when I click Menu>Exit the program doesn't fully close. The program window closes but the notification icon remains.

I can't help but wonder if it isn't related to the other bug because it did occur at least twice on Saturday around the same time as the location bug. Maybe when that happens, the location service doesn't resume gracefully. I think this not closing bug occurred again this morning so I sent a diagnostic report using the long press technique you just mentioned after reopening the app. I say think because I have noticed many times it takes a few to tens of second to close the notification icon but in the bug cases we are talking 30+ minutes and it is still there.
 

 

18 hours ago, PedroDaGr8 said:

Ok it happened again. From what I can set, it is only the accuracy portion which is frozen at +/- 11.7m everything else updates just fine. During logging I picked up almost no data points during my drive. Typically I should have 100-200 data points (at least)in a 20 min through a "new" area, I had 25. Sent the diagnostics. 

I received your diagnostic reports, thanks! Unfortunately they do not show anything out of the ordinary, and I have no automated crash reports either. Do you have battery optimization for SCP disabled? Some others have reported that improves their stability on newer Samsung devices. I am not sure what to suggest other than an app uninstall/reinstall, since I don't have other reports of this or an error message to look into. If you do that, make sure you back up your log database before uninstalling, and then restore it on the new install.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

A new SCP release for the Beta Crew is rolling out now, version 4.672b. No new features; it is all bugfixes and internal improvements -- those of you experiencing various crashes and freezes, please let me know if this update is better, worse, or about the same. Thanks!

Link to post
Share on other sites

Anyone with previous crashing issues seeing any improvement with latest SCP beta? Eerily quiet on the feedback front, hopefully that's a good thing..

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, mikejeep said:

Anyone with previous crashing issues seeing any improvement with latest SCP beta? Eerily quiet on the feedback front, hopefully that's a good thing..

I did everything you said previously.

With the most recent beta, anytime I open the software it tells me that location services are not available. This is despite it clearly have a good GPS fix with good accuracy visible right behind the message (I blacked out some of the GPS coordinates) and it having location access ALL of the time. 

2NCvrVS.jpg

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Mike, just sent a diagnostic report. I drove from Louisville to Lexington KY this morning and didn't notice until I reached my destination that SCP didn't update the location data the entire way here. I only noticed because I was trying to add a note to a site and kept getting my home address for my location instead of where I was actually at. GPS coordinates were not updating at the top in SCP either. I did have Cell Mapper and Google maps running as well and they both had no issues with location data. An exit and restart of scp fixes the issue. Report was sent before I exited. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, mdob07 said:

Mike, just sent a diagnostic report. I drove from Louisville to Lexington KY this morning and didn't notice until I reached my destination that SCP didn't update the location data the entire way here. I only noticed because I was trying to add a note to a site and kept getting my home address for my location instead of where I was actually at. GPS coordinates were not updating at the top in SCP either. I did have Cell Mapper and Google maps running as well and they both had no issues with location data. An exit and restart of scp fixes the issue. Report was sent before I exited. 

I've noticed something similar in some of my web data uploads - all of the sites I hit on a drive will only have my home location. Hopefully this diagnostic helps to identify the problem!

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, RAvirani said:

I've noticed something similar in some of my web data uploads - all of the sites I hit on a drive will only have my home location. Hopefully this diagnostic helps to identify the problem!

@mikejeep @RAvirani is there a way to clear that data on my phone so I don't upload a bunch of bad data?

Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, mdob07 said:

@mikejeep @RAvirani is there a way to clear that data on my phone so I don't upload a bunch of bad data?

@mikejeep would be the one to ask about app-related stuff - I only handle things after data is uploaded.

Cleaning up the sector polygons when this happens is quite a headache so definitely don't upload your web data yet!

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, RAvirani said:

I've noticed something similar in some of my web data uploads - all of the sites I hit on a drive will only have my home location. Hopefully this diagnostic helps to identify the problem!

glad you guys posted this, i was noticing the same thing but haven't had a chance to really look into it yet :)

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, RAvirani said:

@mikejeep would be the one to ask about app-related stuff - I only handle things after data is uploaded.

Cleaning up the sector polygons when this happens is quite a headache so definitely don't upload your web data yet!

Probably wasn't the cleanest way but I cleared my trail log and then it showed 0 points to upload. So I think I scrubbed the bad data.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Ugh.. mdob07 your report did not show any problems. I am stumped at the moment, as I can't replicate this. I will do some research to see if I can figure out what might be causing this.

What devices is everyone seeing this problem with? Also, what Android version?

Sorry for the trouble!

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, mikejeep said:

What devices is everyone seeing this problem with? Also, what Android version?

Mine is S20+ Android 11 March security update, one UI 3.1 on T-Mobile. 

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

I've had to toggle Location Service off and on with my G8X in some cases to get it to update.  I always check my coordinates to make sure they're updating as I've historically had GPS problems with some of my phones.

- Trip

Link to post
Share on other sites

@mikejeepToday I'm having the same issue on my AT&T phone with the GPS coordinates not updating. I sent another diagnostic report and haven't yet exited so it's still in that state if you want me to try anything besides exiting.

  • Sad 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/20/2021 at 7:37 PM, mikejeep said:

Ugh.. mdob07 your report did not show any problems. I am stumped at the moment, as I can't replicate this. I will do some research to see if I can figure out what might be causing this.

What devices is everyone seeing this problem with? Also, what Android version?

Sorry for the trouble!

 

I'm on Samsung Note 20 Ultra, Android 11 (February 2021 Update), One UI 3.1

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, mdob07 said:

@mikejeepToday I'm having the same issue on my AT&T phone with the GPS coordinates not updating. I sent another diagnostic report and haven't yet exited so it's still in that state if you want me to try anything besides exiting.

Unfortunately no errors are on any reports or crash submissions from you or anyone else. I'm going to have to add some temporary extra logging to try debugging the issue.

I've been slammed with other stuff the past couple of weeks, sorry for not being able to devote much time to this issue lately. I will get to it.. and several other things filling up my inbox!

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites

Another SignalCheck Pro beta release is rolling out now! It actually has a lot of changes.. the only action necessary would be that anyone experiencing issues with the location service getting "stuck" should go to Preferences > Beta Crew and enable the location timestamp - this will let you see the frequency of updates live on your screen.

I did make some adjustments to the location service itself that *may* have resolved the problem, but of course I won't be certain without testing by all of you.

Here is the 4.673b changelog.. some nice improvements on this list..

  • Added 5G-NR neighbor cell display.
  • Added location service debugging and option to display location timestamp.
  • Adjusted RSRP threshold for web entries to be stronger than -118 dB.
  • Changed site note & icon lock option to be two separate options.
  • Improved 5G-NR information on some devices.
  • Resolved additional force closes on some Android 10 devices.
  • Resolved issue with old web entries being re-uploaded after a log import.
  • Resolved issue with web entries that failed validation not being exported for inspection.
  • Resolved issue with web entries that failed validation not being removed from the upload queue.
  • Updated internal crash reporting library.

Please provide feedback when you can, especially about the location bug. If you experience an issue, please send a diagnostic report as soon after the issue as possible. If the app is restarted (or crashes), some information could be lost. More feedback = better chance I can resolve things. Thanks!

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/30/2021 at 10:06 AM, mikejeep said:

Another SignalCheck Pro beta release is rolling out now! It actually has a lot of changes.. the only action necessary would be that anyone experiencing issues with the location service getting "stuck" should go to Preferences > Beta Crew and enable the location timestamp - this will let you see the frequency of updates live on your screen.

I did make some adjustments to the location service itself that *may* have resolved the problem, but of course I won't be certain without testing by all of you.

Here is the 4.673b changelog.. some nice improvements on this list..

  • Added 5G-NR neighbor cell display.
  • Added location service debugging and option to display location timestamp.
  • Adjusted RSRP threshold for web entries to be stronger than -118 dB.
  • Changed site note & icon lock option to be two separate options.
  • Improved 5G-NR information on some devices.
  • Resolved additional force closes on some Android 10 devices.
  • Resolved issue with old web entries being re-uploaded after a log import.
  • Resolved issue with web entries that failed validation not being exported for inspection.
  • Resolved issue with web entries that failed validation not being removed from the upload queue.
  • Updated internal crash reporting library.

Please provide feedback when you can, especially about the location bug. If you experience an issue, please send a diagnostic report as soon after the issue as possible. If the app is restarted (or crashes), some information could be lost. More feedback = better chance I can resolve things. Thanks!

I've been trying it out since you released it and I'm noticing a notable improvement in logging/location with this beta; especially when the app is not in the foreground. 

  • Love 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, PedroDaGr8 said:

I've been trying it out since you released it and I'm noticing a notable improvement in logging/location with this beta; especially when the app is not in the foreground. 

Excellent, thank you very much!

Anyone else have any feedback, especially related to the location issue -- either positive or negative?

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • large.unreadcontent.png.6ef00db54e758d06

  • gallery_1_23_9202.png

  • Similar Content

  • Posts

    • I may have missed it, but what are the the benefits of moving over to TNX on a 5G device that would automatically have TNA (prefer the T-Mobile network). It doesn't seem like it would change the network experience all that much. My devices are all TNA, and on the T-Mobile network all the time except while near Sprint Keep sites. I'd prefer to keep the easy access to Sprint sites since Sprint have a bigger network than T-Mobile here.
    • Has anyone on eSIM switched to T-Mobile eSIM?
    • Unfortunately, I'm seeing the gaps in the customer experience for TNX and I'm wondering if I should just leave the "T-Mobile Unlimited Freedom Plan with Included Taxes/Fees" behind and bring everything over to a T-Mobile Plan/Account at a certain point for usability and management sake. iOS: The experience on iOS has been fine. When I upgraded my 3 iPhone 12 Pro's it was easy to update the E911 Address for Wi-Fi Calling right on the device. Quick and done. Google Pixel 5: The experience on a Google Pixel 5 on eSIM for Sprint was mediocre. I received conflicting information about whether the device was eligible for TNX. Chat said yes, so I ordered a SIM and installed it. The device threw an error and said to take it out. Chat then said that device wasn't eligible for TNX. Is this in fact the case? Has anyone here put a Google Pixel 5 on TNX? Samsung: The experience for two Samsung Galaxies on our account was actually terrible. For the S20+ 5G: I put in the TNX SIM and after I enabled Wi-Fi Calling, I wanted to update the E911 address on the device. Nope, the address update button in the device menu took me to the T-Mobile Login Screen. I contacted chat and they said I had to do it on the Sprint website. Ok, so I went to the Sprint Website and to Account Dashboard. I selected "Options" for the device, and selected the Update E911 Address link. I then got taken to an absolutely ancient portion of the Sprint website that hadn't been part of the recent redesign and I was able to update the address.... but the interface looked terrible and like it wouldn't actually work. I still can't update the E911 address on the device itself. Ridiculous. For the S21 5G, which was a device upgrade on that line from an absolutely ancient BlackBerry KEYone (Don't ask. They held on forever hoping keyboards would come back): After activating the device with the T-Mobile SIM Card that came with it, I went to activate Wi-Fi Calling on the device. I then went to update the E911 address on the device and the button took me to the same T-Mobile Login page as it did on the S20+. So I went to my Account Dashboard and it showed the S21 on the line and that it was on the T-Mobile network. It showed that Wi-Fi Calling was enabled under account services. I then went to Manage Device -> Options -> Update E911 Address for WiFi Calling, and the ancient content page loaded.... and it still showed the old device on the account. I contacted Customer Care via Chat and they removed the old device from the account and it then showed the S21 on the page. I then tried entering the address for WiFi Calling and it wouldn't accept it. When I hit "save" it threw an error for the address, which makes no sense since this was the valid shipping address for the device via UPS. So I put in a ticket with the Advanced Tech Support to have the Network Team go and manually try to enter the address on the backend or figure out what's going on here. C'mon T-Mobile..... TNX is good. The customer experience for account services management you're having Sprint run on the Sprint website actually stinks, and we're starting to see the cracks where Sprint's legacy content that was never updated (and probably never will be) or that customers get misinformation about device eligibility for TNX (Google Pixel 5) can negatively affect the TNX customer experience. In my case, I'm having a miserable time trying to update the E911 Addresses for Wi-Fi Calling on my Samsung devices and its because TNX broke Sprint's E911 Address management on Android devices. iOS devices however seem to work fine for these updates to be made on the device. Not sure why that is. Interested in what people think. UPDATE: Looks like the folks on the backend fixed the E911 Address issue for the line with the S21 as the Sprint Website is now accepting the address as valid.
    • This one I found particularly interesting. They filed to upgrade the T-Mobile (orange) to n71 and n41 a while back. Then this week, they filed to keep the two surrounding Sprint sites (blue). The T-Mobile one is very tall with a huge footprint, so I understand why they might want to use the Sprint sites, but just very interesting they filed to upgrade it and then decided against it (as best I can tell).
    • Oftentimes they're locked into contracts with their contractors, otherwise they would just cancel the T-Mobile site's upgrade. 
  • Recently Browsing

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...