SignalCheck Beta Crew Forum

1 hour ago, mikejeep said:

When it freezes, does the screen keep updating? Can you send a diagnostic next time you notice it happens please.. thanks!

Sure will, I wanted to but I was driving so I couldn't search for the Send Diagnostics menu. It happened three times yesterday. I took one short drive today and it didn't happen. 

• Replies 932
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Beta crew.. assemble!   A new update is finally published.. if you're special   -Mike

Already started working on something along those lines, great minds think alike! I have a busy few days coming up but I should have another update ready by mid-week.   I appreciate everyone's feedba

Just a quick update for the Beta Crew, yes I am still hacking away at the new Alerts.. it is a lot of work trying to get everything working well on Oreo+ devices while not breaking pre-Oreo devices. I

Posted Images

1 hour ago, PedroDaGr8 said:

Sure will, I wanted to but I was driving so I couldn't search for the Send Diagnostics menu. It happened three times yesterday. I took one short drive today and it didn't happen. 

As long as you've previously saved your username on a report, try a long-press on the "Connected to LTE" text... 😉

• Like 1
13 hours ago, mikejeep said:

As long as you've previously saved your username on a report, try a long-press on the "Connected to LTE" text... 😉

I have another bug: Every now and then, when I click Menu>Exit the program doesn't fully close. The program window closes but the notification icon remains.

I can't help but wonder if it isn't related to the other bug because it did occur at least twice on Saturday around the same time as the location bug. Maybe when that happens, the location service doesn't resume gracefully. I think this not closing bug occurred again this morning so I sent a diagnostic report using the long press technique you just mentioned after reopening the app. I say think because I have noticed many times it takes a few to tens of second to close the notification icon but in the bug cases we are talking 30+ minutes and it is still there.

Ok it happened again. From what I can set, it is only the accuracy portion which is frozen at +/- 11.7m everything else updates just fine. During logging I picked up almost no data points during my drive. Typically I should have 100-200 data points (at least)in a 20 min through a "new" area, I had 25. Sent the diagnostics. 

On 4/5/2021 at 11:25 AM, PedroDaGr8 said:

I have another bug: Every now and then, when I click Menu>Exit the program doesn't fully close. The program window closes but the notification icon remains.

I can't help but wonder if it isn't related to the other bug because it did occur at least twice on Saturday around the same time as the location bug. Maybe when that happens, the location service doesn't resume gracefully. I think this not closing bug occurred again this morning so I sent a diagnostic report using the long press technique you just mentioned after reopening the app. I say think because I have noticed many times it takes a few to tens of second to close the notification icon but in the bug cases we are talking 30+ minutes and it is still there.

18 hours ago, PedroDaGr8 said:

Ok it happened again. From what I can set, it is only the accuracy portion which is frozen at +/- 11.7m everything else updates just fine. During logging I picked up almost no data points during my drive. Typically I should have 100-200 data points (at least)in a 20 min through a "new" area, I had 25. Sent the diagnostics. 

I received your diagnostic reports, thanks! Unfortunately they do not show anything out of the ordinary, and I have no automated crash reports either. Do you have battery optimization for SCP disabled? Some others have reported that improves their stability on newer Samsung devices. I am not sure what to suggest other than an app uninstall/reinstall, since I don't have other reports of this or an error message to look into. If you do that, make sure you back up your log database before uninstalling, and then restore it on the new install.

• Like 1

A new SCP release for the Beta Crew is rolling out now, version 4.672b. No new features; it is all bugfixes and internal improvements -- those of you experiencing various crashes and freezes, please let me know if this update is better, worse, or about the same. Thanks!

1 hour ago, mikejeep said:

Anyone with previous crashing issues seeing any improvement with latest SCP beta? Eerily quiet on the feedback front, hopefully that's a good thing..

I did everything you said previously.

With the most recent beta, anytime I open the software it tells me that location services are not available. This is despite it clearly have a good GPS fix with good accuracy visible right behind the message (I blacked out some of the GPS coordinates) and it having location access ALL of the time. 

2NCvrVS.jpg