SignalCheck Beta Crew Forum

mikejeep

Another SCP beta is rolling out now, should be available shortly! It took longer than I planned, but the bugs involving NR web data and importing log files have been squashed, and there are more improvements to the web data uploader. Keep the feedback coming.. thanks for all the support (and patience)!

• Like 1

Dumb question time: on B41, is the frequency listed the center of the carrier (like it is for FD?) or the bottom of the carrier? I'm convinced I'm seeing TMo overlapping n41 with Sprint B41 here but am not sure by how much.

12 hours ago, iansltx said:

Dumb question time: on B41, is the frequency listed the center of the carrier (like it is for FD?) or the bottom of the carrier? I'm convinced I'm seeing TMo overlapping n41 with Sprint B41 here but am not sure by how much.

Short answer: I'm not smart enough to answer this with certainty. Long answer: Sent you a PM. 😁

• Like 1

17 hours ago, iansltx said:

T-Mobile has move some Sprint b41 in Ohio from 20Mhz to 10Mhz and then using the 20Mhz for n41 meanwhile they left 20Mhz also for b41 untouched. This is being done in small city locations with 50Mhz of contigous b41 spectrum.

12 minutes ago, dkyeager said:

T-Mobile has move some Sprint b41 in Ohio from 20Mhz to 10Mhz and then using the 20Mhz for n41 meanwhile they left 20Mhz also for b41 untouched. This is being done in small city locations with 50Mhz of contigous b41 spectrum.

This is all 20 MHz channels. Sprint is 2640, 2660, 2680. TMo is 2538, 2558. TMo NR is 80 MHz centered at 2607.75.

38 minutes ago, iansltx said:

This is all 20 MHz channels. Sprint is 2640, 2660, 2680. TMo is 2538, 2558. TMo NR is 80 MHz centered at 2607.75.

The next step would be a spectrum analyzer.   Historically T-Mobile has been very good with using buffer zones etc which are built-in to band 41 but might be able to be adjusted.  I have seen Sprint overlap B26 3x3 and 5x5 along with 1x800 at one location with no ill effects.

13 minutes ago, dkyeager said:

The next step would be a spectrum analyzer.   Historically T-Mobile has been very good with using buffer zones etc which are built-in to band 41 but might be able to be adjusted.  I have seen Sprint overlap B26 3x3 and 5x5 along with 1x800 at one location with no ill effects.

They're likely either overlapping only the guard bands or blanking the physical resource blocks that overlap. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, RAvirani said:

They're likely either overlapping only the guard bands or blanking the physical resource blocks that overlap. 

The question here is, are they doing either for this particular site...because 2640 completely overlaps the n41 channel. You might as well either run n41 at 60 MHz or not run the 2640 B41 carrier. Unless there's little enough traffic on both that the towers are silent most of the time, and the TDD pattern is set to avoid self-interference. Which...maybe?

5 hours ago, iansltx said:

The question here is, are they doing either for this particular site...because 2640 completely overlaps the n41 channel. You might as well either run n41 at 60 MHz or not run the 2640 B41 carrier. Unless there's little enough traffic on both that the towers are silent most of the time, and the TDD pattern is set to avoid self-interference. Which...maybe?

Is there an airport nearby? Certain types of radar have also caused band 41 site frequency shifts.  We have four airports each with a different focus: international/ domestic passenger, primarily cargo, university/executive, and private/hobbyist. The last one has this issue in the SW part of town.

Another SCP beta is rolling out now and should be available shortly. Lots of bugfixes, but also includes 2 notable changes. The existing site note lock option has been adjusted, and now locks the Location/Site/Trail icons so they can't be clicked accidentally. (Sorry @Trip, it's all one option.. for now!) A new option has also been added that allows you to change the "chunk" size of web data uploads.

Hopefully this will be stable enough for public release.. let me know!

• Like 4

On 3/19/2021 at 4:54 PM, mikejeep said:

Another SCP beta is rolling out now and should be available shortly. Lots of bugfixes, but also includes 2 notable changes. The existing site note lock option has been adjusted, and now locks the Location/Site/Trail icons so they can't be clicked accidentally. (Sorry @Trip, it's all one option.. for now!) A new option has also been added that allows you to change the "chunk" size of web data uploads.

Hopefully this will be stable enough for public release.. let me know!

Excellent! That being said the side padding made the interface much nicer on my screen! It also has reduced false touches.

• Like 1

Most have already noticed a new beta rolled out several hours ago.. only a couple of minor changes compared to the last beta. The big change was a public version was released, catching up with all of the betas over the last several weeks. Web data uploads are still limited to beta versions for now.

Thanks for all the help, I appreciate it! More improvements coming soon..

• Like 2

Mike, I just turned the option to display location accuracy on, and it's bleeding over into the IP address and overlapping. I can't post a screenshot until I get home later. 

12 hours ago, mdob07 said:

Mike, I just turned the option to display location accuracy on, and it's bleeding over into the IP address and overlapping. I can't post a screenshot until I get home later. 

Do you have the timestamp display on? Try enabling that.. it should end up on the same line as the IP, and that puts the location info on the line below it.

I will try to come up with a better alternative. Screen space is getting tight.

• Like 1

Does the m in location accuracy refer to miles or meters? Clarification in the selection would be useful.

5 hours ago, dkyeager said:

Does the m in location accuracy refer to miles or meters? Clarification in the selection would be useful.

The accuracy is in meters (m) because that's what Google refers to in all of its location setting descriptions. Miles would not be terribly useful, but I do plan to add feet as an option.

• Like 3

Another SignalCheck Pro beta was released this morning! The most visible change is a message displayed at startup explaining the app's use of your location. It will only appear once per app install; you will never see it again unless you uninstall/reinstall. This is to comply with Google Play policies; there are no functional changes to the location features.

Location accuracy will now be displayed in either feet or meters, depending on your app settings.

There are also some bugfixes in this release. Invalid PLMN entries in logs should be reduced, and a frequent cause of crashes when connected to WCDMA/GSM networks should be resolved.

Feedback always appreciated!!

• Like 3

6 hours ago, mikejeep said:

Another SignalCheck Pro beta was released this morning! The most visible change is a message displayed at startup explaining the app's use of your location. It will only appear once per app install; you will never see it again unless you uninstall/reinstall. This is to comply with Google Play policies; there are no functional changes to the location features.

Location accuracy will now be displayed in either feet or meters, depending on your app settings.

There are also some bugfixes in this release. Invalid PLMN entries in logs should be reduced, and a frequent cause of crashes when connected to WCDMA/GSM networks should be resolved.

Feedback always appreciated!!

Thanks, mine now says (+-45.05 ft)

• Like 1

Another SignalCheck beta is rolling out now. There was a bug that had location accuracy being improperly saved as feet instead of meters in logs. Please do not upload any web data with version 4.66, or data points with accuracy worse than 75 feet (instead of 75 meters, approximately 3x more forgiving) will be excluded!

This version also changes location accuracy precision to one decimal place, and aligns with a public release rolling out now. Thanks for all of your testing and feedback!

I'm having issues with SignalCheck location service freezing.  Sometimes the entire location service freezes, other times just the accuracy portion. Either way, when this happens the software stops logging information. 

• Sad 1

17 hours ago, PedroDaGr8 said:

I'm having issues with SignalCheck location service freezing.  Sometimes the entire location service freezes, other times just the accuracy portion. Either way, when this happens the software stops logging information.

When it freezes, does the screen keep updating? Can you send a diagnostic next time you notice it happens please.. thanks!

• Like 1