SignalCheck Beta Crew Forum

SCP is crashing several times a day now on the newest Android update. I've been hitting the send info button when it crashes. Hopefully there's something helpful.

• Thanks 1
  • Replies 881
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Beta crew.. assemble!   A new update is finally published.. if you're special   -Mike

Already started working on something along those lines, great minds think alike! I have a busy few days coming up but I should have another update ready by mid-week.   I appreciate everyone's feedba

Minor development news for the Beta Crew.. because of where I was at in overhauling SignalCheck Lite when I discovered the EARFCN bug that impacts LTE band 66 (and 71, and potentially others), I imple

Posted Images

10 hours ago, mdob07 said:

SCP is crashing several times a day now on the newest Android update. I've been hitting the send info button when it crashes. Hopefully there's something helpful.

Send a diagnostic when you get a chance if you haven't already? Would like to compare firmware versions with others reporting issues..

• Like 1
14 hours ago, mdob07 said:

I would be one of the others sending reports in. Maybe we can trade notes on when the crashes happen. 

For me the crashes happen about 5-10 seconds after I unlock my phone. The lock screen does not show SCP notification not sure if it is connected. When the crash happens the popup comes up but SCP doesn't seem to care and keeps the notification up. I have started to notice SCP notification starting to disappear but not doing a crash report but that has only happened twice yesterday. No idea how it links to my updating software cycle.

• Like 1
On 1/28/2021 at 9:48 AM, Flompholph said:

I would be one of the others sending reports in. Maybe we can trade notes on when the crashes happen. 

For me the crashes happen about 5-10 seconds after I unlock my phone. The lock screen does not show SCP notification not sure if it is connected. When the crash happens the popup comes up but SCP doesn't seem to care and keeps the notification up. I have started to notice SCP notification starting to disappear but not doing a crash report but that has only happened twice yesterday. No idea how it links to my updating software cycle.

I saw your most recent diagnostic report, unfortunately still no crash logs or any relevant information is attached. I'm kind of stumped on this one, but that's not the first (or last) time it's happened. At some point we will get this figured out -- or it's an OS software issue that will be resolved in a future update and we'll never know what it was.....

• Like 1
  • 4 weeks later...
On 2/1/2021 at 4:41 AM, mikejeep said:

I saw your most recent diagnostic report, unfortunately still no crash logs or any relevant information is attached. I'm kind of stumped on this one, but that's not the first (or last) time it's happened. At some point we will get this figured out -- or it's an OS software issue that will be resolved in a future update and we'll never know what it was.....

Yea crashing for me the last week, sent report

53 minutes ago, mikejeep said:

Ugh.. new beta coming very soon, not sure if I've solved anything but who knows.. still no crash info coming in.

Both my phones stopped crashing after I turned off battery optimization for SCP. Haven't had an issue in a couple weeks now and my AT&T phone had been crashing multiple times a day before that. I don't think I ever came back and reported that.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1