mikejeep

SignalCheck Beta Crew Forum

On 6/15/2020 at 12:20 PM, floorguy said:

question.. and I apologize if its posted somewhere else..

Now I gotta go through and make new notes in SCP right??  The sprint tower IDs will be removed?? once all the switch over is done?

(damn I feel like a kid again when the LTE deployment was going, and tracking tower upgrades)

The Sprint signals will be going away entirely at some point, so yes you'll need new notes.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Dkoellerwx said:

The Sprint signals will be going away entirely at some point, so yes you'll need new notes.

Do we or are we possibly going to have an idea of tower locations, similar to what we did with sprint??

Because I have a handful of tmo I know about...buuuuuutttt  as of now, their antennas are a little more difficult to pick out

26 minutes ago, floorguy said:

Do we or are we possibly going to have an idea of tower locations, similar to what we did with sprint??

Because I have a handful of tmo I know about...buuuuuutttt  as of now, their antennas are a little more difficult to pick out

We do not currently have the breadth of information that we got from Sprint. If you know of any potential sources though... let us know.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Dkoellerwx said:

We do not currently have the breadth of information that we got from Sprint. If you know of any potential sources though... let us know.

Dont I wish.. 99% of the sales people I have come across, know exactly jack, diddly, and squat..   Vs the information I know

• Like 1

On 6/14/2020 at 12:26 PM, Trip said:

Not sure when it started, but I noticed yesterday that my home screen widget for SCP stopped working.  It was frozen on old values, but would still bring up SCP if I tapped it.  I then removed it from my home screen and added it again, and now it says that SCP is not running and tapping it does not open SCP.

The widget is downright flaky on Android 7 and up. Android intentionally restricted the update frequency and I have yet to find a way around it. If you get in the scenario where it won't open SCP, it was probably shut down and killed from memory.. you'll have to re-launch from the menu, then you should be good for awhile. Happens to me as well. I really found the widget useful so I spend a lot of time trying to fix it.. zero success so far.

1 hour ago, floorguy said:

I can't speak for S4GRU data sources, but on a similar note a I do know that T-Mobile LTE GCI patterns are nowhere near as consistent as Sprint's. Different markets have different rules, and many conflict with each other. Thankfully most phones report frequency info, but that's why you might not see secondary carrier info as much, or if you pay attention to patterns it might confuse you.

• Like 2

57 minutes ago, mikejeep said:

I can't speak for S4GRU data sources, but on a similar note a I do know that T-Mobile LTE GCI patterns are nowhere near as consistent as Sprint's. Different markets have different rules, and many conflict with each other. Thankfully most phones report frequency info, but that's why you might not see secondary carrier info as much, or if you pay attention to patterns it might confuse you.

This is correct.  In my travels, I've seen:

01/02/03 AWS or PCS, 04/05/06 700, 07/08/09 PCS or AWS.

01/02/03/04 AWS or PCS, 05/06/07/08 700, 09/0A/0B/0C PCS or AWS.

01/02/03 AWS or PCS, 04/05/06 700, 07/08/09 PCS or AWS with 0A, 0B, and 0C being the fourth sector for each band and not necessarily in any particular order.

01/02/03(/04) AWS, 0B/0C/0D(/0E) PCS, 15/16/17(/18) 700.

So "nowhere near as consistent" is very accurate.  It seems that 3D/3E/3F(/40) is always 600 though.

- Trip