SignalCheck Beta Crew Forum

mikejeep

Ahh ok, I did not realize the 10x10 was a second carrier. I'll change that. Are the non-Samsung 10x10 sectors second carriers as well? I sometimes get lost when we get too deep into these discussions..

-Mike

We do also have B25 10x10 sites using GCI sectors 00, 01, 02 (for a total of 10x10 at that site), but identification of those needs to wait for EARFCN identification. Only the 06, 07, 08 GCI sectors can be tied to 10x10 and also second carrier. (You already have a long list of features for this release.  Assuming you will continue working on EARFCN non-rooted, I would wait until that version to show B25 10x10 (not second carrier) so others can benefit from this release sooner.)

Flompholph has a much better grip on B25 second carrier than I in the Nokia and former nTelos areas.  I do not believe we have analyzed that in detail.  There are reports of 15x15 in Sprint Nokia land, but that might share the same EARFCN as 5x5, so individual market knowledge would likely be needed.

• Like 1

The issue I have is that, for example, 303DF01/303DF19 are in Pentagon Metro, but 303DF02/303DF1A are in Pentagon City/Crystal City Metros.  I have those labeled differently in my database despite the 303DFxx being the same in both cases.  However, it's pulling the "Pentagon Metro" note in all cases, even when connected to the 02/1A sectors. 

I know that's not a normal case, since the software itself will not let you do it without exporting the database and doing it manually, but it seems odd that it wouldn't prefer the label from the row itself and instead chooses a different row to display the note from.

Aha, now I understand.. and I know what it is happening. This is going to be a potential issue for Sprint mini-macro sites as well.

When pulling site notes, the app just checks the database for the first match of the first 6 GCI characters. Until now, that has never been a problem; it was intentional. All of the major providers had been using the same 6 characters (or a consistent offset) to identify cells at one site. So if you were hitting a site you've connected to before, but on a new band, the site note would cross over automatically. These new configurations don't follow this pattern. I'm going to have to gut those routines and come up with another method. Site notes are no good if they aren't reading from (or writing to) the correct site.

I'd thank you for discovering this, but now I have a lot more work to do! ;)

-Mike

• Like 4

Flompholph has a much better grip on B25 second carrier than I in the Nokia and former nTelos areas. I do not believe we have analyzed that in detail. There are reports of 15x15 in Sprint Nokia land, but that might share the same EARFCN as 5x5, so individual market knowledge would likely be needed.

Same as far as I can see.

Thoughts on if/how Triband (B41 4th carrier) should be listed?

• Like 1

Flompholph has a much better grip on B25 second carrier than I in the Nokia and former nTelos areas.  I do not believe we have analyzed that in detail.  There are reports of 15x15 in Sprint Nokia land, but that might share the same EARFCN as 5x5, so individual market knowledge would likely be needed.

In Ericsson/Nokia/ALU land:

5x5 second carrier is identified by 09/0A/0B.

10x10 second carrier is identified by 11/12/13.

The 15x15 is in Florida, and is the only carrier, thus uses 01/02/03. I don't recall the EARFCN, but I know it combines the C & G blocks. 

• Like 2

From a GCI standpoint the Triband antennas do produce a forth carrier, but from an EARFCN standpoint they are the second or third carrier.  We do have a Samsung site that seems to be producing four EARFCNs, but getting the GCI has so far been elusive.  Hopefully will know in a few days.  Then we will know if it follows the pattern or skips over the Triband Antenna GCI sectors.

Knowing that the antenna is Triband is still quite useful.

I'm in ALU territory in the Shentel market. The 5x5 and 10x10 second carriers are the same. Both end in 09, 0A, 0B.

Edit: This quoted the wrong person. It was supposed to be in reply to Dkoellerwx

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

• Like 2

Hmm, that doesn't sound right.. it doesn't "do" all that much in the background, as all of the functions simply "listen" for signal changes when the device provides them. Is it any better/worse with the app's Logger and/or Location Service disabled? When it is running, do signals typically update rapidly or does it seem to be more normal?

-Mike

I had the opportunity to try it tonight and with both the logger and location off - phone seemed normal. Will experiment more and get back.

• Like 1

I'm in ALU territory in the Shentel market. The 5x5 and 10x10 second carriers are the same. Both end in 09, 0A, 0B.

Edit: This quoted the wrong person. It was supposed to be in reply to Dkoellerwx

Ah, Shentel may be different. The 10x10 in So Cal is also ALU, and uses 11/12/13.

I know there are 10x10 Ericsson carriers live, but I haven't seen a report that is a second carrier rather than the primary carrier.

Samsung markets do the same thing look at dkyeagers post above. Like Pittsburgh does not use the "3rd carrier" for 10x10. But some markets use the "3rd carrier" to show 10x10. If you are near Richmond VA sometime you will see it. Some markets were reporting B26 but they were seeing the 10x10 11/12/13.
  • Like 2

I'd like to limit the toggles, because (selfishly) that creates more headaches than you can imagine on my end. And screen real estate is tighter than you might think; I need to design with the HTC EVO in mind, not a Galaxy Note. The signal bar is quite tight against the text when displaying "LTE 2500" on some devices.

-Mike

I don't know if this has been discussed in the past or not, but is there anyway to force two status bar icons at the same time (for LTE) on the current version?

I know we have the option to choose Network Type, Signal Strength, or Network type+Signal Strength. I usually go for the Network Type+Signal Strength icon, but B25 and B26 look awfully similar at a quick glance on that option.

Having the option to display both the larger LTE Type and Signal Strength icons simultaneously would be awesome for my eyes and while driving.

I don't know if this has been discussed in the past or not, but is there anyway to force two status bar icons at the same time (for LTE) on the current version?

I know we have the option to choose Network Type, Signal Strength, or Network type+Signal Strength. I usually go for the Network Type+Signal Strength icon, but B25 and B26 look awfully similar at a quick glance on that option.

Having the option to display both the larger LTE Type and Signal Strength icons simultaneously would be awesome for my eyes and while driving.

That is not possible right now. But eventually I will be overhauling the alerts and icons, theoretically you could have as many icons as you want. Not happening in the near term though, sorry.

-Mike

That is not possible right now. But eventually I will be overhauling the alerts and icons, theoretically you could have as many icons as you want. Not happening in the near term though, sorry.

-Mike

That's fine. It's only a mild annoyance that has gotten easier to circumvent ever since Google allowed the notification bar to be pulled down from the finger print sensor.
  • Like 1

The issue I have is that, for example, 303DF01/303DF19 are in Pentagon Metro, but 303DF02/303DF1A are in Pentagon City/Crystal City Metros.  I have those labeled differently in my database despite the 303DFxx being the same in both cases.  However, it's pulling the "Pentagon Metro" note in all cases, even when connected to the 02/1A sectors. 

I know that's not a normal case, since the software itself will not let you do it without exporting the database and doing it manually, but it seems odd that it wouldn't prefer the label from the row itself and instead chooses a different row to display the note from.

It took awhile, but I think I was able to fix this. You will still have to manually edit the database if you want any sector(s) to have unique site notes, but if you do that, it should pull the correct one now. However, if you edit the note for any sectors via the app, it will overwrite all of the sectors. I would have to make significant changes to permit editing site notes on a per-sector basis through the app, but I don't think it is going to be a common issue. I also don't think Mini-Macros will be an issue as I initially thought, but we'll see.

-Mike

• Like 4

It took awhile, but I think I was able to fix this. You will still have to manually edit the database if you want any sector(s) to have unique site notes, but if you do that, it should pull the correct one now. However, if you edit the note for any sectors via the app, it will overwrite all of the sectors. I would have to make significant changes to permit editing site notes on a per-sector basis through the app, but I don't think it is going to be a common issue. I also don't think Mini-Macros will be an issue as I initially thought, but we'll see.

-Mike

Mike,

I am quite okay with it only being editable in this way from outside SCP.  In the app, if I make a change to an entry, I do want it carried across all sectors.  But if I go through the effort of making separate notes for separate sectors in the database, I want those separate notes to stay separate.  I will look forward to testing your fixes today.  :)

Also, in Richmond, 11/12/13 points to 10x10 C+G.  There appears to no longer be 01/02/03 in the market.

- Trip

-Mike

Ta-da!

http://imgur.com/AL5I30T

http://imgur.com/wyLJESQ

- Trip

• Like 1

Also, in Richmond, 11/12/13 points to 10x10 C+G. There appears to no longer be 01/02/03 in the market.

- Trip

I connected to a few 01/02/03 going through a couple days ago. Need someone i market I guess. They may not have come from the sams site. I will try and look at my logs again tonight though.

Airave not reported on CDMA side.  Airaves have a unique NID of 500 to 502.  The BID sometimes get reported as a network site, but that requires local diligence to detect.

I connected to a few 01/02/03 going through a couple days ago. Need someone i market I guess. They may not have come from the sams site. I will try and look at my logs again tonight though.

I won't rule out a mistake on my part regarding Richmond, but I definitely have not seen 01/02/03 in the Southern Virginia market since the 11/12/13 values appeared.  Sprint only owns a contiguous 15x15 in Prince Edward County, for example, so the only way to have a 5x5 plus 10x10 would be if there was no 1x/eHRPD, and I know both still exist there.

- Trip

Added several hundred site sectors to logs on three phones yesterday, so no volume problems visible.

The refinement of the provider in the logs has been removed.  I do not use it in my log analysis, but those reading their logs likely do.  It previously broke out Sprint B25, Sprint B252, Sprint B26, Sprint B41, Sprint B412,Sprint B413.  Also Clearwire iirc.  Now it just says Sprint.

• Like 3

Trip I would not use the word mistake because we both don't spend alot of time in Richmond. So not enough data but if you don't want a little 2 now will be the time to say. I have no preference as long as 10x10 is there my brain will think 11/12/13. And I probably won't even see the 2.

Possible new bug in the beta, probably from fixing my last bug.  I spotted new sectors of existing sites this morning and my log did not carry the labels over to those new sectors. 

- Trip

SCP is now blowing up on my Photon 4G (wimax) smartphone (previously worked without beta).  Likely not worth effort to debug.  I just use it for CDMA logs (which is all it is capable of). You might want to raise OS level rather than support devices this old.  Sent report.

• Like 1

:tu:  Logs now showing provider as displayed, at least for Sprint B41 MM, Sprint B26,  Sprint B252 10x10.

• Like 2

This new thread has been spun off for beta-related discussions. It is open to all, even if they are not on the Beta Crew.

Thank you to lilotimz for moving the related posts over and Joski1624 for the suggestion!

-Mike

• Like 8