SignalCheck Beta Crew Forum

mikejeep

Interesting issue... this is an ODAS site in Olathe, KS. Rickie connected to it earlier today. I don't think this is 10x10, as everything in the KC market is still 5x5. I can try to check it out this weekend if Rickie can't get more info.

2017-07-04_17-45-42.png

Interesting issue... this is an ODAS site in Olathe, KS. Rickie connected to it earlier today. I don't think this is 10x10, as everything in the KC market is still 5x5. I can try to check it out this weekend if Rickie can't get more info.

2017-07-04_17-45-42.png

It's 5x5 (look at center frequencies) but the 07 GCI ending is causing misidentification as Samsung 10x10 b25 carriers end 06/07/08.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

• Like 3

10x10 2nd carriers

Sent from my LG-LS997 using Tapatalk

It's 5x5 (look at center frequencies) but the 07 GCI ending is causing misidentification as Samsung 10x10 b25 carriers end 06/07/08.

Bingo.. right now any B25 06/07/08 comes up 10x10 because (until now) I didn't have any conflicts with those sectors. I can change it to only show 10x10 on 06/07/08 if it's a Samsung site.

@Dkoellerwx, does this oDAS broadcast on any other sectors? If anyone has similar info, I'd love to correlate this enough to add an oDAS indicator in non-Samsung markets..

-Mike

• Like 1

Bingo.. right now any B25 06/07/08 comes up 10x10 because (until now) I didn't have any conflicts with those sectors. I can change it to only show 10x10 on 06/07/08 if it's a Samsung site.

@Dkoellerwx, does this oDAS broadcast on any other sectors? If anyone has similar info, I'd love to correlate this enough to add an oDAS indicator in non-Samsung markets..

-Mike

Rickie was in the area today, will have to see what his log captured. I can try to check it out this weekend as well. I know there is another ODAS network near AJ that we might be able to get some data on.

• Like 1

Mini-Macro.. Nokia equipment. See here: http://s4gru.com/index.php?/topic/7688-how-to-spot-mini-macro-on-macro-setups-nokia/

Peek at the Help screen within the app to see explanations for all of the acronyms.

-Mike

Thanks! This would be the first spotting in our market then.

• Like 1

What does MM mean in the notifications?77bfe86d4c7562d2faaec6b9ea86eda5.jpg

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Where was this?  Which site?

Robert

-Mike

It looks like Rickie connected to 3 different nodes of the oDAS.

GCI             PCI 

04C2B807  151

04C2B808  152

04C2B809  150

These were all 2nd carrier B25. I can't find anything on what the 1st carrier would look like.

I'm not sure if that's enough to go on yet, I know there are close to 10 different sites that are part of the network.

• Like 2

It looks like Rickie connected to 3 different nodes of the oDAS.

GCI             PCI 

04C2B807  151

04C2B808  152

04C2B809  150

These were all 2nd carrier B25. I can't find anything on what the 1st carrier would look like.

I'm not sure if that's enough to go on yet, I know there are close to 10 different sites that are part of the network.

5x5 as you suspected or 10x10?

:popcorn: just curious for more data.  If these sectors can be tied to oDAS or 10x10 be it first or second carrier, that would be great!

I will see if I can get more data this weekend.

Please share if you find anything! I've already adjusted 06/07/08 to only show 10x10 in Samsung markets. I could have 07/08 indicate B25 second carrier oDAS in ALU/Ericsson markets. However, 09 (and 0A/0B) already represents B25 second carrier there.

-Mike

Edited by mikejeep

Please share if you find anything! I've already adjusted 06/07/08 to only show 10x10 in Samsung markets. I could have 07/08 indicate B25 second carrier oDAS in ALU markets. However, 09 (and 0A/0B) already represents B25 second carrier in ALU-land.

-Mike

(ericsson) But they share pretty much all of the same patterns. 

Yeah the 09 ending will be a problem if I can't find any other parts to the pattern.

• Like 1

Please share if you find anything! I've already adjusted 06/07/08 to only show 10x10 in Samsung markets. I could have 07/08 indicate B25 second carrier oDAS in ALU/Ericsson markets. However, 09 (and 0A/0B) already represents B25 second carrier there.

-Mike

Hey Mike,

I was able to do a trip around Olathe and OP to check out the ODAS that are up. Turns out there are at least 20 sites in already, and possibly an additional 10+ planned. 

Unfortunately, I don't think I have any good news as far as identifying a B25 ODAS network in Ericsson land. All sites were broadcasting a sole B25 carrier in the spectrum that would be considered the 2nd carrier in the KC market. I was only able to find the 3 GCIs previously reported, plus one additional that ended with 03. 

See the KS thread for more info: http://s4gru.com/index.php?/topic/5585-kansas-nv-20-map-and-spreadsheet/&do=findComment&comment=512000

• Like 1

Unfortunately, I don't think I have any good news as far as identifying a B25 ODAS network in Ericsson land. All sites were broadcasting a sole B25 carrier in the spectrum that would be considered the 2nd carrier in the KC market. I was only able to find the 3 GCIs previously reported, plus one additional that ended with 03.

Thanks for hunting that down, it is disappointing but definitely enough early evidence to hesitate. But based on all my notes, 07 and 08 have not been previously seen in ALU/Ericsson markets.. can anyone else confirm that? If so, I could have those flagged as oDAS since it shouldn't pop up otherwise. Or I could just add them to the B25^2 list to keep things consistent.

Also, I appreciate everyone who has sent in reports for carrier aggregation testing.. unfortunately, it looks like my idea is not going to work. I have not seen any instances where the OS is reporting LTE cells differently when CA is active. Fingers crossed that Android O might change things.. if you're on the O Beta, feel free to keep sending reports, maybe I will see some good news eventually. If my hunch is correct, you'll see 2xCA/3xCA/etc in the app automatically once the OS supports it.

-Mike

Thanks for hunting that down, it is disappointing but definitely enough early evidence to hesitate. But based on all my notes, 07 and 08 have not been previously seen in ALU/Ericsson markets.. can anyone else confirm that? If so, I could have those flagged as oDAS since it shouldn't pop up otherwise. Or I could just add them to the B25^2 list to keep things consistent.

-Mike

So far the evidence would be that 07/08 could point to the ODAS. I wouldn't call it 2nd carrier since the sites are only broadcasting 1 carrier, though I know 2nd is relative to "1st" being the OG G-Block. I would imagine there are more "sectors" to be discovered now that I know how large the network is. Hopefully I can get data on the Lawrence ODAS as well and can shed more light on it.

• Like 2

The multi-tenant ODAS at LSU Tiger Stadium uses hex 01-0F inclusive for band 25 nodes and hex 19-27 inclusive for band 26 nodes.

ZCpJn07.png

• Like 3

Next beta almost ready to be pushed out, just trying to finish up some more fixes on the diagnostic report routines. Check out the change log to see what is in the pipeline.. way more new features than I originally planned for one update, but I was on a roll.. http://www.bluelinepc.com/signalcheck/change-log/

-Mike

• Like 8

New beta is out! Please check out the updates from the change log and try to break it. Any feedback is welcome.

The improved diagnostic reports seem to be solid, I'm mostly interested in making sure the UI makes sense. If it says they sent, they did -- if it says they didn't, they will be saved (I'll disregard any reports I come across that look like you're testing). They will be attempted again when another new report is attempted to be sent, or by going to the Send Diagnostics screen and clicking "Send Saved Only".

Hiding 1X and configuring where the Reset button appears are significant new options.

Thanks!

-Mike

• Like 7

On LG V20 removing 1x, donating, show external IP address all seem to work. Shouldn't show external ip address also show IPv6? I will report on logs and other phones later.

Sent from my LG-LS997 using Tapatalk

• Like 1