SignalCheck Beta Crew Forum

mikejeep

Android 5.0 logs had no unexplainable differences between before and after SCP RC1. 

Have two phones testing for whether RSRP = 0 in logs was a fluke or a real issue. Hope to report tonight.

• Like 2

Posting for ingenium:

Status bar icons vanished, diags sent

31c5f08be72203cda092b3a7276c88e4.jpg

Sent from my LG-LS980 using Tapatalk

• Like 2

Posting for ingenium:

Status bar icons vanished, diags likely sent

Oh no.. I just realized what is going on here. I need to make icons for every possible LTE band/frequency, not just the ones the app has identified to this point.. this is not going to be fun!

-Mike

**Mods can you please move these two posts to the Beta thread?

• Like 4

Oh no.. I just realized what is going on here. I need to make icons for every possible LTE band/frequency, not just the ones the app has identified to this point.. this is not going to be fun!

-Mike

**Mods can you please move these two posts to the Beta thread?

Done.

Could you just point all unknown bands to the generic "LTE" icons that used to be used for that sort of thing?  It's a band-aid, I know, but it would save you some work right now.

- Trip

• Like 4

No issue with RSRP = 0 seen in either my or UPdownLoAD's logs from today.  Logs were cleared or deleted.

• Like 2

Could you just point all unknown bands to the generic "LTE" icons that used to be used for that sort of thing?  It's a band-aid, I know, but it would save you some work right now.

I ended up getting home much later than I expected, but I was still hoping to crank them all out tonight. Unfortunately, the site I used to make all of the icons is apparently gone (yeldnats.com/fonticons) and I have not been able to find any other similar resources. Band-aid it is.. I promised an update today, so the people will get an update today!

If anyone is good with graphics or knows of a similar tool, please let me know..

-Mike

• Like 2

I ended up getting home much later than I expected, but I was still hoping to crank them all out tonight. Unfortunately, the site I used to make all of the icons is apparently gone (yeldnats.com/fonticons) and I have not been able to find any other similar resources. Band-aid it is.. I promised an update today, so the people will get an update today!

If anyone is good with graphics or knows of a similar tool, please let me know..

-Mike

Mike,

Two things.

1) In the other thread, you mentioned neighbor cells for the GSM-based technologies.  I want to point out that those appear to use PSC, a value that is not currently logged, to identify the neighbor cells.  Since the value is not logged, there are never any labels attached to neighbor cells in that mode.

2) With respect to this, you may want to look into ImageMagick.  It's open-souce software that can be used to write images from a command line.  Theoretically, you could script the creation of images, thus automating the process for yourself.  I'm afraid I don't use it enough to be a resource on how to use it.

- Trip

• Like 2

Apparently Clearwire B41 is still reporting as B25 on Boost Mobile. 

Does Boost Mobile show 310120 yet? If not the only thing mike can do is remove "Boost Mobile B25" to just "Boost Mobile". Would removing B25 be preferred?

• Like 1

Does Boost Mobile show 310120 yet? If not the only thing mike can do is remove "Boost Mobile B25" to just "Boost Mobile". Would removing B25 be preferred?

I can think of other options http://s4gru.com/index.php?/topic/3060-signalcheck-android-app-to-monitor-your-2g3g4g-lte-signal-strengths/page-209#entry510970  You could also convert the plmn to Sprint's or pretend you do not have it. A setting might be needed for other Sprint Networks.  Note that this is an even market Clearwire GCI as well.

I don't actually know. Tengen periodically reminds me that it says B25. You'd have to ask him. 

dkyeager what do you do when the Clearwire GCI and Sprint GCI overlap? There is at least one place where 017 is used by both(Hartford CT). Clearwire 00A and 00B are right up against each other Clearwire 016 maybe nearby then your "geographic boxes" would be broken. To build a "geographic box" you would have to know where to build them. How long would that take to build the database for Clearwire?

Dkoellerwx I thought the image was cross posted but I was just not sure. 311870 was default Boost Mobile until that changes mike can't use the 311870=Clearwire B41.

Dkoellerwx I thought the image was cross posted but I was just not sure. 311870 was default Boost Mobile until that changes mike can't use the 311870=Clearwire B41.

I hadn't realized he had also posted until after I had already posted.

Sent from my LG G5

dkyeager what do you do when the Clearwire GCI and Sprint GCI overlap? There is at least one place where 017 is used by both(Hartford CT). Clearwire 00A and 00B are right up against each other Clearwire 016 maybe nearby then your "geographic boxes" would be broken. To build a "geographic box" you would have to know where to build them. How long would that take to build the database for Clearwire?

The geographic box for the twin cities would be lie between 45.4 and 44.6 latitude and -92.8 and -93.6 longitude.  Theses boxes do not need to be that exact.   If 02A was found inside this box it would be Clearwire, elsewhere it would be Sprint.  I would just use this for Boost, likely Virgin, and other Sprint MVNOs such as freedompop. There may be better solutions.  You could allow these users to define what GCI markets are Clearwire like LTE Discovery, as it is unlikely that most users would transverse the county.  The very few places with both would just have to settle for LTE where the GCI sector or earfcn could not distinguish the band.  There are always some inaccuracies.  So it can be done much better than today.

Where this should rank in terms of priorities is a totally different issue.  We are always constrained by limited time and resources. Other to-do items likely have greater benefit.

Apparently Clearwire B41 is still reporting as B25 on Boost Mobile. 

I saw Tengen31's post in the main SignalCheck thread first and already replied there. The app should report 311870 as Clearwire unless the device is registered on Boost Mobile. Is Tengen31 a Boost subscriber? If I had that noted somewhere, it fell through the cracks..

-Mike

I saw Tengen31's post in the main SignalCheck thread first and already replied there. The app should report 311870 as Clearwire unless the device is registered on Boost Mobile. Is Tengen31 a Boost subscriber? If I had that noted somewhere, it fell through the cracks..

-Mike

He does use Boost yes.

• Like 1

-Mike

Apparently the same site is now reporting Boost Mobile B41 SC.

Sent from my LG G5

1) In the other thread, you mentioned neighbor cells for the GSM-based technologies.  I want to point out that those appear to use PSC, a value that is not currently logged, to identify the neighbor cells.  Since the value is not logged, there are never any labels attached to neighbor cells in that mode.

2) With respect to this, you may want to look into ImageMagick.  It's open-souce software that can be used to write images from a command line.  Theoretically, you could script the creation of images, thus automating the process for yourself.  I'm afraid I don't use it enough to be a resource on how to use it.

1) The app tries two different methods to get GSM-based neighbor cells.. one returns a PLMN+LAC+CID, and the other returns only a PSC. PSC is not logged or labeled because no PLMN is returned with that method, so there's no way to narrow it down enough.

2) I will check that app out, thanks!

Apparently the same site is now reporting Boost Mobile B41 SC.

Makes sense; as Flompolph mentioned, it's following the GCI pattern for that. I need a diagnostic report from Tengen31 while connected to these sites to see how I can address this.

-Mike

I passed that on. 

Tengen31 found the first b26 3x3 (in Two Harbors, MN), so I am certain he will sent diagnostics.

1) The app tries two different methods to get GSM-based neighbor cells.. one returns a PLMN+LAC+CID, and the other returns only a PSC. PSC is not logged or labeled because no PLMN is returned with that method, so there's no way to narrow it down enough.

I don't understand why that means the PSC isn't logged for the connected cell though.  Seems like useful information.  And I actually have the PLMN matching turned off on the LTE side anyway.

- Trip

you wont believe it guys.  this new update allows me to connect to sprint band 4.  Seriously though, I suppose there was some stale data somewhere causing confusion.

It should likely say Sprint? B4 if it not band 25, 26, or 41. plmn also dorked.  Keeps you on your toes ;)