SignalCheck Beta Crew Forum

mikejeep

• 4 weeks later...
17 hours ago, mikejeep said:

New beta just released a short time ago. Minor update, making sure it's good for public release soon!

-Mike

Was going to complain that Clear B41 wasn't being identified in Kansas City, but hit the upgrade and now it's working fine again!

That's really different... Sector 86?? 
Yeah my Airave changed sectors from 01 to 2E yesterday (and an earlier GCI). Maybe Sprint is doing some kind of shuffling/rearrangement.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

• Like 1

15 hours ago, bucdenny said:

New GCI for MB

0FA is included as a MB GCI prefix in yesterday's update.. extended all the way up to 0FC for now. Hopefully it maxes out at 0FD, because 0FE and 0FF are used on macro sites in Shentelos-land.

7 hours ago, Dkoellerwx said:

That's really different... Sector 86?? 

My Airave has been sector 4D since I received it last fall, but I've seen several reports of changed GCIs over the past few days.

-Mike

• Like 1

New update just pushed out.. no changes from yesterday's release other than the version number, necessary because otherwise beta users would end up getting the public release that went out today. I know some people like having the "Diagnostic Mode" screen that is exclusive to the beta version. Thanks for all of your help!

-Mike

• Like 5

• 4 weeks later...

Mike, will you be utilizing new pre-Alpha/Beta 100 user testing channel announced yesterday?

https://www.androidpolice.com/2018/03/20/google-play-lets-developers-set-internal-test-channel-100-trusted-users-paid-apps-free/

Now a new channel is available, preceding even the alpha, under the "test channel" name. It's specifically made for internal tests, letting developers quickly deploy their new app or update to select users through the Store without having to send them the APK file manually.

15 hours ago, Trip said:

Mike,

In my region, Clear sites with 03/04/05 for the last two digits in the GCI represent B41 third carrier.  This is a relatively recent development.

- Trip

I believe this will hold true for any Clear site with 3 carriers since it is just the Samsung equipment that is doing this. Third carrier is live on at least one site in the Kansas market and follows the same pattern. 

• 2 months later...

Minor development news for the Beta Crew.. because of where I was at in overhauling SignalCheck Lite when I discovered the EARFCN bug that impacts LTE band 66 (and 71, and potentially others), I implemented a workaround in Lite first. I launched a SignalCheck Lite alpha channel (no different than beta, it's just semantics based on how I had to set it up on the back end) to facilitate testing. Lite is missing a lot of features that Pro has, but you can test the EARFCN workaround right now if you're impatient -- I am in the process of implementing the same routines in Pro, and hope to have a beta out sometime this month depending on how much free time I have.

To enroll in the SCL alpha, first opt-in here: https://play.google.com/apps/testing/com.blueline.signalchecklite

Shortly thereafter, you should see the alpha version of Lite on Google Play. You'll know it's the alpha because the release notes say it, and it should be version 4.482Lb. If you see the old version (4.28L from 2015!!), give it a few minutes and try again.

Pro and Lite are two independent apps so you can have both running on the same device and they have no impact on each other. Any and all feedback is appreciated!

-Mike

• Like 9

• 2 months later...

Another beta update out this morning! Some fixes to the one from the other day related to the new Samsung option, as well as a new icon that changes color depending on the mobile data status. A bit more useful, and helps with screen burn-in. An option has been added to go back to the original static white icon if you prefer that look.

-Mike

• Like 7

I had one instance of where SCP was freezing on yesterday's beta.  OS ask once if I wanted to kill it, said no.  SCP returned to normal a few minutes later.  Never had frozen on that phone before.  Already upgraded to today's beta.

On 9/13/2018 at 7:54 AM, dkyeager said:

I had one instance of where SCP was freezing on yesterday's beta.  OS ask once if I wanted to kill it, said no.  SCP returned to normal a few minutes later.  Never had frozen on that phone before.  Already upgraded to today's beta.

Any more issues since updating to the latest one?

Also looking for feedback from everyone regarding the new main screen icon.. I think the colors are a bit ugly and using the blue signal beams to indicate data is flowing is counter-intuitive so I'm still playing with it.

-Mike

No issues with the latest update.  I have not yet made it to a Samsung site with the sequential GCI sectors.

• Like 1

On 9/15/2018 at 12:30 PM, mikejeep said:

Also looking for feedback from everyone regarding the new main screen icon.. I think the colors are a bit ugly and using the blue signal beams to indicate data is flowing is counter-intuitive so I'm still playing with it.

-Mike

The colors don't really bother me, but you could either flip the blue and green so that "Active" is blue and the "Send/Rcv" is green.  Or, you could make both colors green, with "Active" being just the tower in green and then adding the waves for "Send/Rcv."

- Trip

• Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...

If you're still looking for feedback on the colors, I will put my 2 cents in that I think it's a great add and definitely helps the visual feel of the app. Thanks! No crashing or bugs here on my OnePlus6. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Hey Mike, I recently noticed that on AT&T the B2 second carrier notation is only working on two sectors currently. I also have a secondary B4 carrier that isn't noted at all. See picture below.

GeDzUFil.jpg

For reference, here is what I've observed in my area for GCI patterns for each band. We have a couple of 6 sector sites and now they are converting quite a few normal 3 sector sites to be 4 sector sites. The 4th sector follows the 6 sector pattern for the sector that split.

B2 - 08, 09, 0A (0B, 0C, 0D)

B2 2nd carrier - B5, B6, B7 (B8, B9, BA)

B2 3rd Carrier - D3, D4, D5 (D6, D7, D8)

B4 - 16, 17, 18 (19, 1A, 1B)

B4 2nd carrier - AB, AC, AD (AE, AF, B0)

B5 - 01, 02, 03 (04, 05, 06)

B12 - 0F, 10, 11 (12, 13, 14)

B14 - BF, C0, C1 (C2, C3, C4)

B30 - 95, 96, 97 (98, 99, 9A)

For B66, the only site I've hit B66 on used the same pattern as the B4 second carrier in my area, but I'm pretty sure that area doesn't have a B4 second carrier deployed. Not sure what they'll use for B66 here. I'm also seeing an additional 5x5 B2 carrier popping up in areas with a 20x20 carrier existing, using the 2nd carrier pattern noted about. Areas outside of the city that are not 20x20 already have a 2nd B2 carrier deployed. If they deploy that carrier outside of the city there may be sites with 3 B2 carriers, I haven't seen this yet though. 

wllrfLXl.jpg

nhupatQl.jpg

On 10/11/2018 at 9:24 PM, mdob07 said:

* I'm also seeing an additional 5x5 B2 carrier popping up in areas with a 20x20 carrier existing, using the 2nd carrier pattern noted about. Areas outside of the city that are not 20x20 already have a 2nd B2 carrier deployed. If they deploy that carrier outside of the city there may be sites with 3 B2 carriers, I haven't seen this yet though. 

As luck would have it I actually found this new carrier today in an area where it is the 3rd carrier. I hit the north sector, so assuming the pattern follows the same as all of the other bands it should be D3, D4, D5 (D6, D7, D8 for 6 sector sites) for the 3rd PCS carrier. I'll try to hit this site again when I have time and confirm the other 2 sectors. 

qBgVbrNl.jpg

ZXJwqPRl.jpg

• Like 2

Speaking of AT&T, by the end of the year I want to try to get a Moto E5 Play, unlocked, which will add Band 14 and Band 66 to bands I can receive on AT&T.  It will replace my HTC M9 (which does support Band 30), which has the worst battery life of any of my phones.  I'm pretty sure AT&T has been deploying Band 14 here at least, so I should be able to provide some information on that.

- Trip

• Like 1

• 1 month later...