Jump to content
lilotimz

Official Magic Box discussion thread

Recommended Posts

7 hours ago, lilotimz said:

9Tq7F3P.jpg

 

ūüėČ

Xmas came early :) 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yep - I'll be calling in to get one of these to replace my MB.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not sure what to do, my Pixel 2 XL has decided that it no longer likes my MB.  It just won't see the MB.  I'm bouncing between t-mobile roaming that screws up my clock, to over subscribed B26, to weak B41 that barely works, to occasionally B25 that works.  However, B25 gets handed off very quickly to one of the other bands.

Randomly on Monday my phone latched on to the MB and stayed there until I ran into town, when I got home, it wouldn't see it.  It seems that the longer I stay in the house, eventually my phone will see the MB, but it's very inconsistent.

I worked with Customer Care, however, they told me to take my phone to a Sprint store for diagnostics.

My MB appears to be fine as my HotSpot connects to it just fine and never leaves.  My neighbors and family Sprint devices hook to it just fine.  I've done all the standard system updates, PRL, Profile, etc.

Used to be that as soon as I got into my garage I was on the MB and my phone never went to the Macro until I was driving away.

Any suggestions, thoughts, ideas?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, shaferz said:

Yep - I'll be calling in to get one of these to replace my MB.

I just chatted with Sprint online and asked and he's over-nighting the new Gold Box and RMA kit for me. In like 3 messages total this was solved. Never had a chat be so efficient. Clearly CSR is doing the right routing to the appropriate agents now. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I literally just got off the phone with Magic Box support and was told there to try again in another month or so.  Ugh.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

.... aaaaaaand chat agent said they can not order them and I'd need to call the Magic Box team.  dangit.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

HUCA (HANG UP CHAT AGAIN.) .  :).... worked for me. Second chat agent was perfectly happy to get a Magic Box Gold headed my way, along with a return kit for my current MB.

 

 

Screenshot_2018-11-29 11.39.44_bKZB81.png

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, shaferz said:

.... aaaaaaand chat agent said they can not order them and I'd need to call the Magic Box team.  dangit.

wow was that not the experience I received. I hope my chat dude actually did the right thing now¬†ūüôĄ

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, mmark27 said:

wow was that not the experience I received. I hope my chat dude actually did the right thing now¬†ūüôĄ

Second chat agent hooked me up.  :) . Amazing the personality difference between the two that I dealt with.  I was most surprised that when I was on the phone with the OKC team that they said to try again in a month or so.  

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, jefbal99 said:

Not sure what to do, my Pixel 2 XL has decided that it no longer likes my MB.  It just won't see the MB.  I'm bouncing between t-mobile roaming that screws up my clock, to over subscribed B26, to weak B41 that barely works, to occasionally B25 that works.  However, B25 gets handed off very quickly to one of the other bands.

Randomly on Monday my phone latched on to the MB and stayed there until I ran into town, when I got home, it wouldn't see it.  It seems that the longer I stay in the house, eventually my phone will see the MB, but it's very inconsistent.

I worked with Customer Care, however, they told me to take my phone to a Sprint store for diagnostics.

My MB appears to be fine as my HotSpot connects to it just fine and never leaves.  My neighbors and family Sprint devices hook to it just fine.  I've done all the standard system updates, PRL, Profile, etc.

Used to be that as soon as I got into my garage I was on the MB and my phone never went to the Macro until I was driving away.

Any suggestions, thoughts, ideas?

I have the EXACT SAME PROBLEM. Incredibly frustrating. S9+ here. The roomie has an S8 which always  connects. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I called and requested a Gen3 Magic Box Gold and he put in the order.

When I check the order status online, it shows: Pending: AIRSPAN AU544MAGICBX GEN2

So did he put in an order for the Gen2? Are they even shipping Gen2's anymore? Do I need to call back?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
59 minutes ago, though said:

I called and requested a Gen3 Magic Box Gold and he put in the order.

When I check the order status online, it shows: Pending: AIRSPAN AU544MAGICBX GEN2

So did he put in an order for the Gen2? Are they even shipping Gen2's anymore? Do I need to call back?

Wrong one! It needs to says Magic Box Gold

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
59 minutes ago, though said:

I called and requested a Gen3 Magic Box Gold and he put in the order.

When I check the order status online, it shows: Pending: AIRSPAN AU544MAGICBX GEN2

So did he put in an order for the Gen2? Are they even shipping Gen2's anymore? Do I need to call back?

Yes, call back. This happened to me and a Gen2 showed up.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My order fell through. When I talked to them today, they said that the band that is needed for gen3 in my area isn't available. I told them that my gen 2 works fine but apparently the 3 uses different carrier

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
My order fell through. When I talked to them today, they said that the band that is needed for gen3 in my area isn't available. I told them that my gen 2 works fine but apparently the 3 uses different carrier
That doesn't make sense, they use the exact same bands. I would try again.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, belusnecropolis said:

Yes, call back. This happened to me and a Gen2 showed up.

Called back, lady said they can only order what is in stock and can't cancel the order once it's been placed. Suggested I wait and see what actually arrives and if it's the wrong one, request a return and re-order.

Pretty lame, can't cancel a "Pending" order???

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, though said:

Called back, lady said they can only order what is in stock and can't cancel the order once it's been placed. Suggested I wait and see what actually arrives and if it's the wrong one, request a return and re-order.

Pretty lame, can't cancel a "Pending" order???

They did the same thing to me, but mine was suppose to cancel, but didn't. I just called back and said they ordered the wrong one and I would like the latest version aka Magic Box Gold which is what I'm getting tomorrow.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, alphaalphagamma said:

Is the wifi or Ethernet backhaul working for anyone?

It is broken. Known issue. 

Fix TBD. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yup, definitely going to be getting one of these for the house. 

 

-Anthony

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

14 minutes ago, lilotimz said:

It is broken. Known issue. 

Fix TBD. 

thanks for the info! one other thing, the press release says 3CA, is that only from the tower or does it broadcast 3CA to the UE as well?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, alphaalphagamma said:

 

thanks for the info! one other thing, the press release says 3CA, is that only from the tower or does it broadcast 3CA to the UE as well?

Relay.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Magic Box Gold G3 working great here!  used to get 40mbps with the MBG2 max at home, now i pull 90!!! 

 

I have one more for a business location, I would pull 50 there...lets see how much more I can get...

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, SeanK_ said:

They did the same thing to me, but mine was suppose to cancel, but didn't. I just called back and said they ordered the wrong one and I would like the latest version aka Magic Box Gold which is what I'm getting tomorrow.

Called back, gentleman got it cancelled and correct unit ordered!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

tried to order the gen 3 hoping they work in maine now....no go.  their qualification tool still says no go.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×