lilotimz

Official Magic Box discussion thread

Interesting.  I will have to do some experimentation---while everyone else in the house is asleep ;)

(yes--we are data-heavy users as we can only get 3Mbit DSL at our house!  60+/40+/20/10GB average monthly on our 4 phones).

AirUnity 544 Magic Box

No longer responds to my finger. The display is on and displays the time but if I tap the screen it goes to the 3 boxes and from that point it totally ignores any finger taps. Up to this point it was working albeit poorly due to being in a poor signal area.

I unplugged/reboooted twice but to no avail.

Is there anything else I can try to revive the screen touchability?

Else I'll call MB support.

Thanks,

J

6 hours ago, schmidtj said:

AirUnity 544 Magic Box

No longer responds to my finger. The display is on and displays the time but if I tap the screen it goes to the 3 boxes and from that point it totally ignores any finger taps. Up to this point it was working albeit poorly due to being in a poor signal area.

I unplugged/reboooted twice but to no avail.

Is there anything else I can try to revive the screen touchability?

Else I'll call MB support.

Thanks,

J

Prob call support and request a replacement.

I've had a ticket open for days. My MagicBox is still holding on to an unusable B41 signal since the firmware upgrade. It's been four days since I opened the ticket and now I just escalated it.  

So, are we going to talk about the new Wi-Fi toggle on the latest MB firmware update? Haven't seen a single word on it yet...

Is this for current generation Magic Boxes, not the new one that is rumored to be releasing soon? Does it allow for Wi-Fi backhaul? 

Jqp8ea3.png

2 hours ago, rocketr said:

I've had a ticket open for days. My MagicBox is still holding on to an unusable B41 signal since the firmware upgrade. It's been four days since I opened the ticket and now I just escalated it.  

Mine hangs on to a -123dBm B41 signal. Download is okay around 5Mbps, but upload is always basically 0.01Mbps...

If it would latch on to B25, it would be a much better experience. 

My MB hasn't been working for weeks now. It's stuck at 3/4 line saying 'configuring LTE services'. Power cycled it and no change.
Should I contact MB support?

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

59 minutes ago, mnjeepmale said:

My MB hasn't been working for weeks now. It's stuck at 3/4 line saying 'configuring LTE services'. Power cycled it and no change.
Should I contact MB support?

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

I would try and take it to a different location and see if it connects there. Friend's house, parents, work, etc. Could be a tower issue.

• Like 1

Just received my Magic Box, it's working fine for my iPhone X but my other iPhone 5 running ios10.3.3 doesn't connect to get full LTE service.  There isn't much helpful info out there to try and resolve it myself. I updated the network setting on the iPhone 5 but that didn't help. ANy suggestions? or is it a phone issue?

34 minutes ago, Heather said:

Just received my Magic Box, it's working fine for my iPhone X but my other iPhone 5 running ios10.3.3 doesn't connect to get full LTE service.  There isn't much helpful info out there to try and resolve it myself. I updated the network setting on the iPhone 5 but that didn't help. ANy suggestions? or is it a phone issue?

Magic Box broadcast's it's service on B41 LTE. iPhone 5 and 5S are not capable of B41, only 25 & 26(iPhone 5S only).

• Like 7