lilotimz

Official Magic Box discussion thread

The unspoken requirement is they need to believe you are capable of receiving an band 41 signal through a window in the structure based on RF analysis. If you currently aren't getting band 41 at any place in your home the odds of getting a magic box for the time being aren't great.

I should have given more detail.  If I am outside at the street, I am receiving a b41 signal of -111db,  On the first floor of my home, i only get b26.  I have not checked upstairs to see if I am getting a b41 signal.

So if you don't have a B41 near they will decline your request? Out in the country some towers have been upgraded but to B25 or B26.

I have not checked upstairs to see if I am getting a b41 signal.

If I were you I'd check upstairs. If you can get a signal by a window, that is the optimal situation for a magic box, and knowing that information may be helpful when they call back.

So if you don't have a B41 near they will decline your request?

As of now, yes.

• Like 1

Got a voicemail this afternoon, I'm good for a magic box, should ship in about 8 weeks

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

• Like 3

I got an email a couple days ago and it said my device (HTC 10) isn't compatible with the Magic box so they denied me. So i called and they resigned me up to get reviewed again.

Has anyone receive one or receive any communication from sprint after applying on the webpage?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I got this email the other day. 4a6289a02f019cad4fc58d667ba19397.jpg

• Like 1

Has anyone receive one or receive any communication from sprint after applying on the webpage?

this whole thread has reports of people getting contacted.

this whole thread has reports of people getting contacted.

Most of those post I have read here are people who haven't been contacted. In any case I have not and I applied about a month ago.

I got this email the other day. 4a6289a02f019cad4fc58d667ba19397.jpg

I received the same email.

I received the same email.

As did I. :(

-Anthony

i applied on launch day about a half hour after it went live and have heard nothing, even now.  wonder why im so special.

I'm going to call and see what options they're referring to in the email. The location of the business is in a historic adobe building, so nothing gets inside, in a GMO b25 LTE area that is barely used, usually 1-2 sprint customers on the sector at any time. Oh well, maybe I'll try again for my home.

I'm going to call and see what options they're referring to in the email. The location of the business is in a historic adobe building, so nothing gets inside, in a GMO b25 LTE area that is barely used, usually 1-2 sprint customers on the sector at any time. Oh well, maybe I'll try again for my home.

Airave 3 LTE which won't be sent out for a few more weeks AFAIK (they've stopped sending out airave 2.5's already to prepare for the new lte airave).

They number they give you is to airave support.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

I was honestly surprised that I got a confirmation call, I didn't expect it.  However, I'll gladly do anything that will improve my coverage and service.

What is the coverage area for a MagicBox?  Didn't see that noted in the Wall article.  Is this a single household thing, neighborhood thing?

NM, it was in the press release

One Sprint Magic Box provides average coverage of 30,000 square feet indoors and can benefit adjacent Sprint customers inside the building. The signal can also extend coverage 100 meters outside a building, benefitting Sprint customers in nearby buildings and improving street–level network performance.
  • Like 1

Thanks to scp I saw I connected to a MB today in sf! Woohoo!

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

• Like 8

Thanks to scp I saw I connected to a MB today in sf! Woohoo!

Where at? Was it near a Sprint store? The one in Berkeley has a MB. And I saw one in NYC also with a MB.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Where at? Was it near a Sprint store? The one in Berkeley has a MB. And I saw one in NYC also with a MB.

Sprint store here in Springfield, MO has a Magic Box. Can pick it up a block away. I think a lot of stores are getting them.

• Like 3

I was on noe between market and 17th. Near starbelly.

7b0a16fd235ed357e2a17694559cb932.jpg

• Like 1

Got the email from Sprint informing me that I will not be getting a magic box.   I do live near the edge of B41 but i do still get B41 in the house.    And my neighbors are Sprint customers..  I figured I would be an excellent candidate.   Oh well.    

• Like 3

Got the email from Sprint informing me that I will not be getting a magic box.   I do live near the edge of B41 but i do still get B41 in the house.    And my neighbors are Sprint customers..  I figured I would be an excellent candidate.   Oh well.    

Likewise. Maybe once they get the ball rolling and the first batch of magic boxes get sent out to the customers that need it the most, then we can reapply and get one.

• Like 2

Still awaiting an update from Sprint.

applied the first morning the box got announced. just now got the magic phone call about the magic box.  i have no band 41 around for miles but was approved for one, thankfully.  band 41 may not be the only requirement they are looking at.  two separate accounts will benefit from the magic box at my address.  not sure about direct neighbors but i am also right in the middle of downtown so there will be that benefit as well.  for those with no band 41, hang in there there is still other factors they are looking at.

• Like 7

Interesting. Maybe it was because I applied too late on release day. I’m just outside of band 41 and band 25 coverage here and was denied one. I suppose I’ll try again later this year when supply has caught up a little bit. :)

-Anthony

I drove by a Sprint store yesterday. Is this accurate I ask cause off the GCI. Minnesota Market. 0205bd3c68f65bb10878435604721ebe.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk