Samsung Galaxy S8 & Dual Sim/Duos

Andrew Revering

2 hours ago, shannonbrian said:

Baseband is new too and Wow this best one ever my dbm drop from -122 to -116 dbm in my bathroom.  I tested 3to 4 different spots and it drop up too -5 dbm .

Interesting.  I haven't noticed any difference in that area.

• 4 weeks later...
December security update is now out.
Is there a way to by pass the beta update I signed up for but didn't install and go to this one instead?

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk

31 minutes ago, Tengen31 said:

Is there a way to by pass the beta update I signed up for but didn't install and go to this one instead?

I would have no idea.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Anybody take this january update with an airave 3 lte? My s8 refuses to stay connected to the lte side for more than a few seconds now, and prefers to stay on tmobile lte roaming (weak signal). It will even hang on tmobile when I drive away from my house for a few miles, before finally latching back onto sprint b41.

I've tried reprovisioning my phone, updated profile.....nothing seems to help. My wife's s9 doesn't have a problem connecting to it, so I know it's not the airave. Anybody have any more ideas?

Thanks.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Anyone having issues with MMS with Wi-Fi calling, maybe after the VoLTE update? (I have the Active but pretty similar)

In a low signal area and didn't have an issue before.. Now the just stall downloading.

Sent from my SM-G892U using Tapatalk

Anyone having issues with MMS with Wi-Fi calling, maybe after the VoLTE update? (I have the Active but pretty similar)

In a low signal area and didn't have an issue before.. Now the just stall downloading.

Sent from my SM-G892U using Tapatalk

How do I sign up for the Android pie update

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Anybody take this january update with an airave 3 lte? My s8 refuses to stay connected to the lte side for more than a few seconds now, and prefers to stay on tmobile lte roaming (weak signal). It will even hang on tmobile when I drive away from my house for a few miles, before finally latching back onto sprint b41.

I've tried reprovisioning my phone, updated profile.....nothing seems to help. My wife's s9 doesn't have a problem connecting to it, so I know it's not the airave. Anybody have any more ideas?

Thanks.

This screen shot shows what my phone has been doing. Sometimes it will show the VoLTE icon next to the signal bars, with the exclamation point. It will sit like that for about a minute and then pop over to 3g or tmobile roaming, both of which are very weak where I'm at. I've tried reprovisioning, even a factory reset, but nothing seems to matter. I've reset the airave, but I don't think that's the issue since my wife's phone connects just fine.

Is there anything I'm missing before I call sprint and have the dreaded 2 hour call where they go through all the standard stuff to try to fix it?f15f76aa02a422fa0158945011885d02.jpg

Try dialing  ##72786#
Thanks for the suggestion, but i've done that a few times already. Must just be a bad update from samsung.... I hope it's fixed when android 9 gets released to the s8.

• 2 weeks later...
This screen shot shows what my phone has been doing. Sometimes it will show the VoLTE icon next to the signal bars, with the exclamation point. It will sit like that for about a minute and then pop over to 3g or tmobile roaming, both of which are very weak where I'm at. I've tried reprovisioning, even a factory reset, but nothing seems to matter. I've reset the airave, but I don't think that's the issue since my wife's phone connects just fine.

Is there anything I'm missing before I call sprint and have the dreaded 2 hour call where they go through all the standard stuff to try to fix it?f15f76aa02a422fa0158945011885d02.jpg

Supposedly the airave doesn't support VoLTE, and when in range it supposedly disables it, as if you crossed into a non VoLTE market. It's possible that this isn't working properly and it's confusing your phone. Maybe try disabling it?

I assume you've tried rebooting your airave? I've run into issues with mine that can last for weeks, where LTE from the airave does something to my phone and it will refuse to connect to LTE (on a magic box or macro, or the airave itself) until I airplane mode toggle. As soon as it connects to the airave LTE the problem repeated. I disabled LTE on the airave for a few weeks (blocked the LTE ipsec tunnel on my router, so it was 3g only), and when I reenabled it it had been fixed. [emoji2369]

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

Does anyone know how much of a change is allowed by the fingerprint scanner? My fingerprints might be wearing off or changing based on wear and tear just curious. I might just reset them or wait to see if the print starts working.
Supposedly, at least on the Pixels (I assume Samsung uses the standard implementation now), it's continuously learning and refining the known prints. So every time it's scanned and accepted, it takes that new scan into account for future scans. In theory this should mean that it will adjust to changes in your prints.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

They started to work again yesterday I just waited for them to work again. It may be because of dehydration of the finger in combination of wear on on the tips thing. Not that it matters much I just thought it was interesting that my fingerprints stopped working.

5 hours ago, Flompholph said:

They started to work again yesterday I just waited for them to work again. It may be because of dehydration of the finger in combination of wear on on the tips thing. Not that it matters much I just thought it was interesting that my fingerprints stopped working.

Time to give up safe cracking 😑

2 minutes ago, Tengen31 said:

Why does the S8 have that but, not the S9?emoji849.png

According to their forum, they got the update last Wednesday.

According to their forum, they got the update last Wednesday.

The 9? My S9+ hasn't gotten it