Samsung Galaxy S8 & Dual Sim/Duos

Andrew Revering

30 minutes ago, bucdenny said:

I made many calls today while driving on the freeway and no where near Wi-Fi.  It couldn't been Wi-Fi calling.  Also, I unplugged my UniFi at home, impossible to be on Wi-Fi.  My calls still going through and showing LTE connection.

I think he is saying Wifi calling is tied with Calling Plus.

32 minutes ago, bucdenny said:

I made many calls today while driving on the freeway and no where near Wi-Fi.  It couldn't been Wi-Fi calling.  Also, I unplugged my UniFi at home, impossible to be on Wi-Fi.  My calls still going through and showing LTE connection.

Calling Plus does not require a WiFi connection to work. It will still place calls over LTE, but it is not VoLTE.

Yeah, with calling plus you have a choice between either wifi calling or lte calling or you can have both on. Been using lte calling for months now, no issues at all even on congested towers.

Im seeing 64qam uplink even on b26. Is this right? Or is it possible that it's a bug?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Pic of that?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

UE does QPSK, 16QAM, 64QAM.

ENB does QPSK, 16QAM, 64QAM, 256QAM.

Just because it could potentially be enabled on UE side does not indicate eNB support.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

I'm rolling back to nougat, not much of a difference here on the bata expect for random app crashes and whatnot. Some random apps don't function right and the random little bugs are annoying now. :P I'll wait for a finished product which shouldn't be long now.

• Like 1

"Sprint Hub" has been crashing for me a ton. 99 crashes in 2 days. "Phone Info" also has the crashes.

Check in Device Maintenance then click the document icon. Amazing how many crashes!

I might have to roll back as well if there isn't a beta update soon. Overall it's been usable but battery life has been atrocious.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

3df7bf8e3b2b4a3a09ff0406c37075fe.jpg

Is anyone having connection issues on the beta? I keep having connection time outs or getting connection not private errors with lots of sites and applications. Unsure what would cause it since it happens on wi-fi and mobile data. 

Is anyone having connection issues on the beta? I keep having connection time outs or getting connection not private errors with lots of sites and applications. Unsure what would cause it since it happens on wi-fi and mobile data. 
I haven't had any issues with that so far, just the occasional app crash (mostly sprint hub). For a beta, it's been running pretty darn good on my phone. I guess maybe try a cache wipe, and if all else fails a factory reset. I haven't had to do either yet, and have been running the beta since Thursday.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

13 minutes ago, foofoo982 said:

If you are having issues with Tapatalk related sites, it's not your phone, it's CloudFlare and Tapatalk (if you weren't aware) 

I suppose if Cloudflare is having issues, that could cause issues with other websites. It wasn't Tapatalk that I was seeing an issue with though. It was Amazon, Best Buy, and others. I'm sure Cloudflare is used by quite a few companies.

According the the Samsung Members app, the first update to this beta is supposed to arrive this week. Also, the US Beta Team seems to be really active in the app so if you have any issues, you should post there and they typically respond pretty quickly.

Personally, the only app I have experienced issues with is Facebook. It makes my phone freeze up and when I go back to the home screen, my wallpaper is darkened. I don't know if it's an issue with Facebook's app itself or the beta but hopefully it'll be fixed in the next update.

• Like 1

Another thing I noticed is that in the Samsung Messages app, instead of chaining together multiple SMS it automatically switches over to MMS for messages over the 160 character limit now. Hopefully my friends with iPhones will finally stop complaining about out of order texts.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Paynefanbro said:

Another thing I noticed is that in the Samsung Messages app, instead of chaining together multiple SMS it automatically switches over to MMS for messages over the 160 character limit now. Hopefully my friends with iPhones will finally stop complaining about out of order texts.

For this reason alone, I force my mom to use Textra and I set hers to bump to MMS for any message longer than 1 SMS. Textra really has everything one can want except the RCS which is a big deal. I'm always so torn as part of my family will only text and not use chat apps. 

Maybe because my phone is the 955U1 Unlocked Model, I'm not experiencing any major or even moderate issues.  For me, I'm just having trouble with 2 apps that keeps losing focus and kicking me out to the Homescreen after a few minutes (Flipboard and News on Android).  I have about 190 apps installed.

And, of course, the battery drain rate is worse than Nougat but that was to be expected.

Has anybody seen this?  Does it sound like a good deal?

https://www.samsung.com/us/mobile/phones/upgrade/

With this plan, what this sounds like to me is that potentially, if you get a GS8 now, in 2 yrs, you can have a GS9 already fully paid off.

Edited by clbowens
  • Like 1

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• large.unreadcontent.png.6ef00db54e758d06

• gallery_1_23_9202.png

• Similar Content

• By mdob07
      Its almost time for the next iteration of Samsung's Galaxy Phones! I'm planning on pre-ordering either the S20+ or Ultra. Current Rumors have it going on Pre-order February 11.  Let the discussion commence...

• By SturgeonGeneral
      S9 S9+ reported into the FCC
      https://www.droid-life.com/2017/12/28/galaxy-s9-galaxy-s9-show-fcc-already/
    • By jreuschl
      Noticed on TM Reddit that the S8 Active is coming unlocked, so would be compatible with Sprint.
      (Also supports TM B71)
    • By EntrepreneurKid
      I'm here looking for answers to a simple question. Where is this mystery Sprint signal coming from? For the past few weeks I've received a signal on multiple Sprint devices, two Sprint devices with roaming turned off, and two Virgin Mobile phones and Virgin Mobile phones can't roam, the other rate plans might be able but I'm talk about Virgin Mobile devices from before they introduced all those other plans. What I'm making clear is these devices have to be picking up a Sprint signal, plus I've downloaded the SignalCheck Pro app which has indicated two different signals 1XRTT and 1X800. 

The signal only last for about 8 hours each morning and begins coming in and out towards the end of each morning. I try making a call and it fails, and it doesn't get any data at all. I try each device and they all do the same thing they have a signal and very strong signal with no data, and voice doesn't go threw, I haven't tried sending a text figured no data, no voice then there must be no text.

I read about some "projects"  that Sprint has going on Project Ocean and Project Cedar. Since Project Ocean is suppose to be taking place in Missouri and I live so close to the Iowa, Missouri line, I figured if there is a tower going up maybe it is possible I'm getting a signal from it, in the early stages. I really don't know what is going on, if Sprint is launching service, putting up new towers and that signal finally comes, and stays, and works. I'll be back full time on the Sprint ban wagon. Unfortunately, I live in an area not served by (according to experience and coverage map) Verizon, AT&T, T-Mobile and Sprint. Not even the two Iowa carriers i Wireless or Chat Mobility serve my area, go 10, 15 or 20 miles in any direction your good, here, wireless dead zone, no choice of carriers. And if Sprint puts a tower here if I finally get an answer and learn that signal will soon come and stay and work I'll finally have a choice.

So if anyone has any ideas, has experienced this in other parts of the country or has any idea what could be going on please say. Any information is better than not knowing, and together maybe this will be answered.
    • By KDKobes
      Try to make this as short and simple as possible. I have three devices; 2 of which are on the same plan and the third on a separate plan.

The third device is my tab 4 which is picking up SprintB41 site 310120 just great. I get 3 bars downstairs.

My other two devices; Galaxy Note 4 & Galaxy Note Edge for some reason will not pick up this tower. I have tried PRL updates, Profile updates, restarted the phones and all I can get them to connect to is a ClearwireB41 site.

More background info...all devices have same Sim card as when purchased, tablet stays off 3/4 of the day and my phones are on when I wake up and turn them off at night. No matter where I go inside or out my phones won't connect to the Sprint site.

Anybody have any ideas before I call Sprint trying to figure something out? I'm not sure how long the tablet has been able to connect to this site so I'm not sure what to think of it besides agitated that the tablet of all things is connecting. I posted two photos; one of the tablet connected to the Sprint site; second of the Clear wire site my phones connect to.

Thanks in advance.

• My s21 has the Sept security update ready for install this morning.
    • Ah, I see.  Thanks for those details! It is great to see some posts on this subject.
    • I was reading the FCC filing for the Pixel 6 yesterday and saw that it included n258 - I was wondering what that was. That will be my next phone so nice to know it will support this new spectrum. 
    • The decommissioning of Sprint sites has started, the optimistic worrying starts about which sites they will keep and convert. Only 2 out of the 3 B41 sectors are on Cellmapper, and 0 B25/26 sectors. I think another site near me also got turned off/decom'd, but I haven't checked it yet. I guess its time to start paying more attention to Sprint sites... Link to street view of the site via Google Maps ,  Link to the site in Cellmapper . Nov 2020 view: Pic of the empty top and poles on the side of the building removed, taken 2 days ago:
    • Haven't gone anywhere yet, so I can't speak to benefits.  My issue was that I was out on Monday morning and it appears that T-Mobile has turned off several Sprint towers near me.  I was sitting in a parking lot near Landmark Mall on -118 dBm Band 25 because two of the sites I used to connect to there were apparently not running, so data would barely move.  This is in addition to my home site which has been off for several weeks, but that wasn't an issue because I don't use wireless data at home.  But if they're starting to turn off Sprint sites and leave holes, then there's really no alternative. So far, I've only seen T-Mobile, but that makes sense since I've only been home and my home site is gone on Sprint, so the site I had been connecting to was a lot weaker.  I'll have to see when I'm out and about, possibly this weekend. When ROAMAHOME came out, I had that removed and blocked from my account since T-Mobile's network is so lousy, so my lines were not automatically pushed to MULTOCN.  I had to have the block removed and then MULTOCN manually added.  That's probably not typical. - Trip