Samsung Galaxy S8 & Dual Sim/Duos

Andrew Revering

30 minutes ago, bucdenny said:

I made many calls today while driving on the freeway and no where near Wi-Fi.  It couldn't been Wi-Fi calling.  Also, I unplugged my UniFi at home, impossible to be on Wi-Fi.  My calls still going through and showing LTE connection.

I think he is saying Wifi calling is tied with Calling Plus.

32 minutes ago, bucdenny said:

I made many calls today while driving on the freeway and no where near Wi-Fi.  It couldn't been Wi-Fi calling.  Also, I unplugged my UniFi at home, impossible to be on Wi-Fi.  My calls still going through and showing LTE connection.

Calling Plus does not require a WiFi connection to work. It will still place calls over LTE, but it is not VoLTE.

Yeah, with calling plus you have a choice between either wifi calling or lte calling or you can have both on. Been using lte calling for months now, no issues at all even on congested towers.

Im seeing 64qam uplink even on b26. Is this right? Or is it possible that it's a bug?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Pic of that?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

UE does QPSK, 16QAM, 64QAM.

ENB does QPSK, 16QAM, 64QAM, 256QAM.

Just because it could potentially be enabled on UE side does not indicate eNB support.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

I'm rolling back to nougat, not much of a difference here on the bata expect for random app crashes and whatnot. Some random apps don't function right and the random little bugs are annoying now. :P I'll wait for a finished product which shouldn't be long now.

• Like 1

"Sprint Hub" has been crashing for me a ton. 99 crashes in 2 days. "Phone Info" also has the crashes.

Check in Device Maintenance then click the document icon. Amazing how many crashes!

I might have to roll back as well if there isn't a beta update soon. Overall it's been usable but battery life has been atrocious.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

3df7bf8e3b2b4a3a09ff0406c37075fe.jpg

Is anyone having connection issues on the beta? I keep having connection time outs or getting connection not private errors with lots of sites and applications. Unsure what would cause it since it happens on wi-fi and mobile data. 

Is anyone having connection issues on the beta? I keep having connection time outs or getting connection not private errors with lots of sites and applications. Unsure what would cause it since it happens on wi-fi and mobile data. 
I haven't had any issues with that so far, just the occasional app crash (mostly sprint hub). For a beta, it's been running pretty darn good on my phone. I guess maybe try a cache wipe, and if all else fails a factory reset. I haven't had to do either yet, and have been running the beta since Thursday.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

13 minutes ago, foofoo982 said:

If you are having issues with Tapatalk related sites, it's not your phone, it's CloudFlare and Tapatalk (if you weren't aware) 

I suppose if Cloudflare is having issues, that could cause issues with other websites. It wasn't Tapatalk that I was seeing an issue with though. It was Amazon, Best Buy, and others. I'm sure Cloudflare is used by quite a few companies.

According the the Samsung Members app, the first update to this beta is supposed to arrive this week. Also, the US Beta Team seems to be really active in the app so if you have any issues, you should post there and they typically respond pretty quickly.

Personally, the only app I have experienced issues with is Facebook. It makes my phone freeze up and when I go back to the home screen, my wallpaper is darkened. I don't know if it's an issue with Facebook's app itself or the beta but hopefully it'll be fixed in the next update.

• Like 1

Another thing I noticed is that in the Samsung Messages app, instead of chaining together multiple SMS it automatically switches over to MMS for messages over the 160 character limit now. Hopefully my friends with iPhones will finally stop complaining about out of order texts.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Paynefanbro said:

Another thing I noticed is that in the Samsung Messages app, instead of chaining together multiple SMS it automatically switches over to MMS for messages over the 160 character limit now. Hopefully my friends with iPhones will finally stop complaining about out of order texts.

For this reason alone, I force my mom to use Textra and I set hers to bump to MMS for any message longer than 1 SMS. Textra really has everything one can want except the RCS which is a big deal. I'm always so torn as part of my family will only text and not use chat apps. 

Maybe because my phone is the 955U1 Unlocked Model, I'm not experiencing any major or even moderate issues.  For me, I'm just having trouble with 2 apps that keeps losing focus and kicking me out to the Homescreen after a few minutes (Flipboard and News on Android).  I have about 190 apps installed.

And, of course, the battery drain rate is worse than Nougat but that was to be expected.

Has anybody seen this?  Does it sound like a good deal?

https://www.samsung.com/us/mobile/phones/upgrade/

With this plan, what this sounds like to me is that potentially, if you get a GS8 now, in 2 yrs, you can have a GS9 already fully paid off.

Edited by clbowens
  • Like 1