Samsung Galaxy S8 & Dual Sim/Duos

Andrew Revering

7 hours ago, clbowens said:

So overall, how is everybody liking the GS8?  I'm thinking about getting one in the next month or 2.

I love my Unlocked GS8+ (Blue Coral).  No Sprint bloat, no other bloat, and everything is snappy and fast.  No battery issues.  No issues at all, really.  

I'm just looking forward to the Oreo update.  

• Like 3

9 hours ago, Terrell352 said:

Network optimization on Sprint means nothing if HPUE and b41 performance is not that good on this phone.

I'm going to try and go back to my Note 5 tomorrow (lent it to a friend on Verizon for a few months) and see how it fares, nothing has really impressed me on the S8+ even the battery life sucks after a fresh install, if I can manage a week with the Note 5 I may sell this and use the money I make on it back and pay it off and start fresh lol or wait until next year. The Note 5 had far superior B41 performance, even being limited to 2xCA I was pulling 150+ whereas on the S8+ I am lucky to hit maybe 80 on 3xCA from the same tower. Yes it was tested within a day of getting my S8+ nothing changed in that time frame lol, HPUE has done nothing for me a marketing gimmick imho. And the we get into actual device performance, you know just little things. I felt the Note 5 was smoother overall with very little to no frame drops, the S8+ can get really choppy at times, never seen that on the Note 5. Camera isn't that much better either, marginal at best and really only in lower light so we shall see what this week brings.

Heh and so goes my luck, phone won't turn on or charge (Note 5), wonder if the charging port is shot I dunno, gonna go to best buy tomorrow and hope they have a wireless charging pad to rule out a bad port if not my buddy will owe me some money lol.

• Love 1

So far no luck with my Note 5, think the damn things is dead. Just went out and got the Samsung Wireless Charging Stand for $60 and the lights indicate it's charging on the pad but I don't see the phone charging, S8+ charges fine on it. Gonna let it sit on here a bit and hope it turns on and was just really dead from sitting a few months. If not I may just toss it off a bridge I'm pissed.

On 10/17/2017 at 7:56 AM, clbowens said:

So overall, how is everybody liking the GS8?  I'm thinking about getting one in the next month or 2.

I love my S8, I haven't had any issues as some users have stated on here.  To me HPUE seems to be doing what it was advertised to do, especially when I compare it to my wife's S7 I get B41 in areas that her phone will drop to B25.  I really enjoy HDR on the phone as well it will melt your eyes.:)   

I love my S8, I haven't had any issues as some users have stated on here.  To me HPUE seems to be doing what it was advertised to do, especially when I compare it to my wife's S7 I get B41 in areas that her phone will drop to B25.  I really enjoy HDR on the phone as well it will melt your eyes.[emoji4]   
You must have the magic S8 because the S7 holds band 41 much better than the S8 in all of my testing.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

13 minutes ago, shannonbrian said:

3 carrier aggeration not seen over 100 mbps.

I've yet to see anything over 80, note 5 was pulling 150 on 2xCA... Kinda weird don't you think? lol anyways yeah my Note 5 is dead took it to a phone shop and he looked it over and said it's most likely the charging port (95% chance of breaking the screen to replace it) so I have a $250 paperweight. Sad I am stuck with this S8+, I loathe it at this point.

2 hours ago, Terrell352 said:

You must have the magic S8 because the S7 holds band 41 much better than the S8 in all of my testing.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

My S8 holds B41 much longer than her S7, I've seen the RSRP as high as -135dBm on my S8 and still have a usable data connection.  If my phone isn't on B41 its stays on B25, I hardly see B26 unless I go down in my basement.  

I just received my S8+ today, and haven't been able to connect to B41 whatsoever. At my work I'd have a -95 to -102 connection on my LG G4. Any way to fix this? I haven't connected to B41 YET on this device. Was really looking forward to getting better speeds then my G4...

32 minutes ago, blakebaa said:

I just received my S8+ today, and haven't been able to connect to B41 whatsoever. At my work I'd have a -95 to -102 connection on my LG G4. Any way to fix this? I haven't connected to B41 YET on this device. Was really looking forward to getting better speeds then my G4...

On my S8+ it loves B25.  If B25 is strong, it takes awhile before switching.  You can also manually disable B25 to test. #DATA## and EDIT

1 minute ago, bucdenny said:

On my S8+ it loves B25.  If B25 is strong, it takes awhile before switching.  You can also manually disable B25 to test. #DATA## and EDIT

I have the priorities switched, and tried disabling band 25 and 26 and nothing happened. It stayed on B25. I'm not too sure what's going on.

On 10/22/2017 at 1:46 PM, shannonbrian said:

my s8 sucks don't hold band 41, note 5 crush this s8 reception on band 41.

My S8+ loves B25 too.  I have disabled B25 for the day to hunt down all our B41 sites.  It holds on B41 up to -130 RSRP and my Pandora still plays when I skip to next song.

1 hour ago, blakebaa said:

I have the priorities switched, and tried disabling band 25 and 26 and nothing happened. It stayed on B25. I'm not too sure what's going on.

Switching priorities might help.  Network will switch you on B41 eventually.  Test by disabling B25, reboot phone to verify B41 will connect.

41 minutes ago, blakebaa said:

I have found that switches priority does help a bit, btw, your probably not saving the settings. After you changed the settings, make sure to scroll to the bottom of the page to save it. Then reboot.

35 minutes ago, nexgencpu said:

I have found that switches priority does help a bit, btw, your probably not saving the settings. After you changed the settings, make sure to scroll to the bottom of the page to save it. Then reboot.

Possibly because I am on unlocked version?  My S8+ camps on strong B25 and hates switching over to B41 especially when hunting for B41 sites.  My B41 is on top of the priority list.

Just now, bucdenny said:

Possibly because I am on unlocked version?  My S8+ camps on strong B25 and hates switching over to B41 especially when hunting for B41 sites.  My B41 is on top of the priority list.

Try flashing the Sprint rom on it, you might gain slightly better radio performance and also calling plus. Just gotta spend a few minutes cleaning up the bloatware, which by the way, after 20 minutes on my Note8 it runs ultra smooth.

17 minutes ago, nexgencpu said:

Try flashing the Sprint rom on it, you might gain slightly better radio performance and also calling plus. Just gotta spend a few minutes cleaning up the bloatware, which by the way, after 20 minutes on my Note8 it runs ultra smooth.

For those that flashed from unlocked to Sprint rom, is this the correct link: https://forum.xda-developers.com/galaxy-s8+/how-to/snap-guide-flashing-standard-fw-carrier-t3627255

1 hour ago, blakebaa said:

Once you disable an LTE band 25 or 26 or both you must restart your S8 for the settings to take effect.  Just remember to re-enable and restart again to enable LTE Bands 25 and 26.

Will a Verizon S8+ work on Sprint?  If so, what process will it take?

Won't work. IMEI rejected. Only sprint sold S8 and unlocked direct from Samsung devices are allowed as BYOD.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk