Samsung Galaxy S8 & Dual Sim/Duos

Andrew Revering

I see there is a report (1) of burn-in of the home button from the always on display. The interwebs are taking this and running with it, even if this 1 dutch report isn't even real... regardless I have to ask -- AOD is not new. Did the S7 ever have burn-in issues with its always on display? If S7 and other AMOLED phones didn't have issues, I don't know why people would worry so much about this one. I feel like some of these sites are just grabbing at straws to find problems when there really are none.

A lot of people will eventually experience burn in, that's just the nature of amoled. My s6 has screen burn, my s7 edge didn't have any but my wife's s7 edge had it bad. In both cases though, you couldn't tell unless the screen was all white. Personally I don't really care since it doesn't affect my daily use.

• Like 2

A lot of people will eventually experience burn in, that's just the nature of amoled. My s6 has screen burn, my s7 edge didn't have any but my wife's s7 edge had it bad. In both cases though, you couldn't tell unless the screen was all white. Personally I don't really care since it doesn't affect my daily use.

What burn in does your wife's s7e have. I have one pretty bad spot from someone I text over hangouts all the time with.

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

What burn in does your wife's s7e have. I have one pretty bad spot from someone I text over hangouts all the time with.

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

It wasn't a specific image, but with an all white screen you could easily tell by how discolored some areas of the screen were compared to other areas.

I edited the OP with how to Root your Galaxy S8 or S8+ if you're into that.

No root for me,Samsung pay is way to awesome to lose out on.

• Like 4

I want to use Samsung Pay but I'm so used to using Android Pay to withdraw money at the bank. Also when I go to Walgreens or Duane Reade, just putting my phone up to the NFC reader and my loyalty card applying automatically.

If you guys really aren't seeing lag after a couple days then I must have some rouge app killing my phone. But nothing shows up for me as harmful and everything has been put to sleep in the background. Battery life has been excellent though.

Pretty disappointed that this S8+ doesn't run as smoothly as my Note5 did with the same apps installed. I never had to reboot that sucker .

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

If you guys really aren't seeing lag after a couple days then I must have some rouge app killing my phone. But nothing shows up for me as harmful and everything has been put to sleep in the background. Battery life has been excellent though.

Pretty disappointed that this S8+ doesn't run as smoothly as my Note5 did with the same apps installed. I never had to reboot that sucker .

I had one or two days where the phone was SUPER laggy, but its been many days since I've had that issue. It cleared up and haven't had to reboot at all. I don't know if the phone is just breaking in and learning how to better handle memory or what. I don't think I uninstalled any apps or changed anything that would have caused it to clear up, but all is good now and I'm quite happy with the one I have despite a couple days of issues.

Damn I initiated the update without checking the radio version to see if its new or not. Can anyone confirm the last Radio version before updating to the latest firmware.

*UPDATE

Looks like it is a new baseband..

G950USQU1AQDE

Older version was 

G950USQU1AQD9

• Like 2

How do you get the bands to turn off?

i get to the menu and disable them, but they still show enabled.  I tried airplane mode off/on, mobile data off/on.  But they still show set to disabled, but are still enabled.

It seems to stay on band 26 more than my previous phone, so i want to test the other bands.  

Also is anyone else having wifi issues (5ghz)?  i see the update mentioned says wifi stability fixes.  i hope that comes to sprint soon.  My wifi disconnects very often, when all my other devices at home never disconnect.  I have tried changing channels even though there aren't any interferers and it makes no difference.

How do you get the bands to turn off?

i get to the menu and disable them, but they still show enabled.  I tried airplane mode off/on, mobile data off/on.  But they still show set to disabled, but are still enabled.

It seems to stay on band 26 more than my previous phone, so i want to test the other bands.  

Also is anyone else having wifi issues (5ghz)?  i see the update mentioned says wifi stability fixes.  i hope that comes to sprint soon.  My wifi disconnects very often, when all my other devices at home never disconnect.  I have tried changing channels even though there aren't any interferers and it makes no difference.

After you uncheck them you need to reboot the phone. Also the update is available now for download. You can manually check for it in updates.

• Like 1

When I put my phone on the wireless charging pad the screen unlocks and turns on -- kind of annoying. Is there any way to prevent it from doing that and just stay off when put on the charger?

Nope. You stop the noise, but not the screen light up.  It shouldn't be "unlocking" though, just lighting up.  No clue if there's a setting for unlocking.....

That's Qualcomm for you, never run as smoothly as EXYNOS. One of the reasons I don't wanna upgrade, love the smooth performance of my Note 5.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

Just got my gs8 a few days ago and I'm really enjoying it, I notice my phone will latch on to band 41 more often in my neighborhood but in my home it don't connect to it as my as my iPhone 7, yes I have the band priority set the only time I get band 41 is of disable the other 2, but it sits at -122 dBm, my guess my phone prefers band 25/26 because I have a tower right outside my back door

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Well band 26 at -115 at my house in the basement I'm getting over 6 down. That's really good. Also that phone loves band 26 in most places where I should be on 41. So no hpue in Colorado?

Well band 26 at -115 at my house in the basement I'm getting over 6 down. That's really good. Also that phone loves band 26 in most places where I should be on 41. So no hpue in Colorado?

People have been saying HPUE has not made of a different. It has nothing to do with your city. It's all about the device.

Sent from my 2PQ93 using Tapatalk