Samsung Galaxy S8 & Dual Sim/Duos

Andrew Revering

I haven't gotten the update. I'm on beta too. Having an unlocked model taking forever to get the update. 
Yup, no update on my 955U1. I was hoping for the official update to drop before giving the phone to my mom.

Sent from my SM-N910C using Tapatalk

There is a way to apparently add calling plus to the unlocked S8.

1. In Nova launcher add widget -> Activities 
2. Add LTE Test -> click VoLTE Test UI-> turn on first 2 setting.
3. Add Enhanced LTE Services and select this option.
4. Restart and enjoy.

LTE Test is under com.test.LTEfunctionality and Enhanced LTE Services is under Mobile on my device.

credit:  https://forum.xda-developers.com/galaxy-s8/help/sprint-calling-plus-update-unlocked-s8-t3730053

=====

Is this workaround still working for you?

I noticed just yesterday that Calling Plus stopped working on my Unlocked GS8+ with a Sprint SIM (same SIM card).

Only things that changed on the GS8+ is that, one, I performed a factory reset and two, I transferred out my phone number into a different phone (Galaxy S9+) and transferred in another Sprint number (my mom's).

I set the settings multiple times, rebooted, but no go.

I tried the workaround on my Unlocked Galaxy S9+ with a Sprint SIM card & it's the same thing.

I did notice that Sprint was or is doing some tower configuration around my area (1x800mhz popped up briefly in Signal Check Pro).

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk

11 hours ago, optimummind said:

LTE Test is under com.test.LTEfunctionality and Enhanced LTE Services is under Mobile on my device.

credit:  https://forum.xda-developers.com/galaxy-s8/help/sprint-calling-plus-update-unlocked-s8-t3730053

=====

Is this workaround still working for you?

Yea the workaround is still working for me over here.  

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Tengen31 said:

My phone is no longer showing CA since the update. Any idea why?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Mine wasn't last night, but it showed up today oddly enough. Maybe coincidence in tower issues? I didn't change anything on my phone. 

Mine wasn't last night, but it showed up today oddly enough. Maybe coincidence in tower issues? I didn't change anything on my phone. 
Mine still isn't showing CA

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

I'm getting a lot of double notification sounds. Like an email comes in and I'll get 2 dings, or a tweet notification and I'll get 2 chirps for that. But FB messages are just doing one notification noise. So perhaps app incompatibility with 8.0 versus phone issue?

Otherwise, I think this update is "fine". I don't see much that is improved here, but nothing super broken like the betas. 

1 hour ago, mmark27 said:

I'm getting a lot of double notification sounds. Like an email comes in and I'll get 2 dings, or a tweet notification and I'll get 2 chirps for that. But FB messages are just doing one notification noise. So perhaps app incompatibility with 8.0 versus phone issue?

Otherwise, I think this update is "fine". I don't see much that is improved here, but nothing super broken like the betas. 

I'm seeing the same on my S9+, most likely a bug with the new os.

1 hour ago, mmark27 said:

I'm getting it too!

• 2 weeks later...

Looks like a new update this morning. Weighs in at 203 MB. Ends in RC5.

Hopefully this will fix the double sound notifications.

*Edit: This does update the security patch to March 1st.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, Galaxyguy said:

Downloading now! Thanks.

I had to factory reset and rebuild from scratch last night. My phone was shutting off every minute or so. Soft reboot wasn't working, had to plug it in to reboot it. Ridiculous but seems to be better after rebuild. 

4 hours ago, Galaxyguy said:

Baseband changed too. Don't see much of a difference though.

5 hours ago, mmark27 said:

Downloading now! Thanks.

I had to factory reset and rebuild from scratch last night. My phone was shutting off every minute or so. Soft reboot wasn't working, had to plug it in to reboot it. Ridiculous but seems to be better after rebuild. 

I gave in and got the s9

Borked again on me. Traded in for the S9+ today, I was eligible. Upgreyyyeding my wife's tonight or tomorrow. See ya. 
So you're going to get the S9 and get rid of the S8?

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

4 minutes ago, danlodish345 said:

Well it's a really good phone I would recommend it. But the s8 still pretty good.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

We're on the Galaxy Forever, so might as well.