Jump to content
Andrew Revering

Samsung Galaxy S8 & Dual Sim/Duos

Recommended Posts

smh always something .

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, shannonbrian said:

smh always something .

Yep kinda tired of this same old crap, I mean seriously how does a huge company like Samsung not have the resources to have a dedicated team for flagship devices (S/Note line) to roll-out new updates in a timely fashion?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, BlueAngel said:

Yep kinda tired of this same old crap, I mean seriously how does a huge company like Samsung not have the resources to have a dedicated team for flagship devices (S/Note line) to roll-out new updates in a timely fashion?

Samsung and others need to get their crap up to speed and release timely updates. Not like Google provides delveloper versions when a big OS update hits. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It will likely get better with the S9, which should support Project Treble. I believe Samsung didn't include it in Oreo for the S8 unfortunately.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

From reading sammobile a report from Samsung says they pulled the update due to random reboots. So shouldn't take long for a fix.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well Samsung is rolling out a new update, CRB7 so guess we still have a long wait since I'm sure Sprint will need to do their testing and add the bloatware... This may be my last Samsung phone, this long for an update that was released more than half a year ago and still waiting.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, BlueAngel said:

Well Samsung is rolling out a new update, CRB7 so guess we still have a long wait since I'm sure Sprint will need to do their testing and add the bloatware... This may be my last Samsung phone, this long for an update that was released more than half a year ago and still waiting.

Hopefully it's better than the "CRAP" update. :)

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, BlueAngel said:

Well Samsung is rolling out a new update, CRB7 so guess we still have a long wait since I'm sure Sprint will need to do their testing and add the bloatware... This may be my last Samsung phone, this long for an update that was released more than half a year ago and still waiting.

I'm okay with waiting a week or so to make sure a show stopper like random reboots aren't present. If I put on my tinfoil hat, I'd say we'll see it well after March 16th (rumored release date for S9). But this hasn't been the case in the past. Samsung knows they're under pressure.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, mmark27 said:

I'm okay with waiting a week or so to make sure a show stopper like random reboots aren't present. If I put on my tinfoil hat, I'd say we'll see it well after March 16th (rumored release date for S9). But this hasn't been the case in the past. Samsung knows they're under pressure.

I'm thinking a month from now, let's face it I'm probably right. My phone is acting up like crazy and I'm so desperately in need of a good format and reinstall but I know as soon as I do Oreo will be available. Don't want to waste an hour setting everything up just to do it again in a week or two but I don't think I can wait much longer. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Samsung updates getting worse over the years.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, shannonbrian said:

Samsung updates getting worse over the years.

That's true, things should be getting quicker but they seem to be heading in the opposite direction unfortunately. I'd be interested in the Pixel 2 if it wasn't for the hardware issues and shitty screen in comparison to the Infinity Display. There are really no other options on Android, it's either Samsung or Apple and iOS.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I stick with s8 plus because i watch lot media content and love this screen.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
That's true, things should be getting quicker but they seem to be heading in the opposite direction unfortunately. I'd be interested in the Pixel 2 if it wasn't for the hardware issues and shitty screen in comparison to the Infinity Display. There are really no other options on Android, it's either Samsung or Apple and iOS.
What's wrong with LG G or V30? I hope the pixel 3 will be the best of the series.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Tengen31 said:

What's wrong with LG G or V30? I hope the pixel 3 will be the best of the series.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
 

Just don't care for them, plus I think Samsung has a lot better build quality. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Does anyone else's Calling Plus turn on by itself?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, clbowens said:

Does anyone else's Calling Plus turn on by itself?

Never had that issue.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

OK - Getting ready to purchase and activate a Samsung Galaxy S8+ on Sprint.  I am upgrading from a Google Pixel XL, which I loved, except to say that there is no WiFi Calling and no LTE-Calling Plus, and without the WiFi Calling, no service inside many of the buildings I frequent.

This is your only and last chance to stop me if I'm making a mistake (i.e., is there a better phone?)

Here are some points I considered in my thought process:

1. The Note8 is simply too tall for me.  I don't like the way it feels in my hand or pocket.

2. The S8 is a bit too small.

3. The S8+ seems like it should be wider, too, BUT, of the S8-series, it is as close to the size I want as I am going to get.

4. I also looked at the LG-series, but I am afraid to get one due to repair issues, plus their bloat apps.

5. I looked at the MotoZ2 and X4, but I am hesitant to invest in one of them because of no LTE-Calling Plus.  This was a very close second to the S8+...

6. I am a very app-heavy user.  I totally use up the 4GB ram!

Thanks for your time and consideration for your thoughts in advance :)

 

 

 

 

Edited by Handyman

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Handyman said:

OK - Getting ready to purchase and activate a Samsung Galaxy S8+ on Sprint.  I am upgrading from a Google Pixel XL, which I loved, except to say that there is no WiFi Calling and no LTE-Calling Plus, and without the WiFi Calling, no service inside many of the buildings I frequent.

This is your only and last chance to stop me if I'm making a mistake (i.e., is there a better phone?)

Here are some points I considered in my thought process:

1. The Note8 is simply too tall for me.  I don't like the way it feels in my hand or pocket.

2. The S8 is a bit too small.

3. The S8+ seems like it should be wider, too, BUT, of the S8-series, it is as close to the size I want as I am going to get.

4. I also looked at the LG-series, but I am afraid to get one due to repair issues, plus their bloat apps.

5. I looked at the MotoZ2 and X4, but I am hesitant to invest in one of them because of no LTE-Calling Plus.  This was a very close second to the S8+...

Thanks for your time and consideration for your thoughts in advance :)

 

 

 

 

First off Note 8, is quite possibly one of the best all around phones out there. That extra 2gb ram helps tremendously. GS8 has been getting alot of beta updates and is still an excellent phone. 

Moto z2 is also an excellent choice, and btw does have calling plus and android 8.0, and quite possibly the best RF performance of any Sprint phone to date. (Gs9 has the most advanced but real world performance is unknown but likely excellent!)

Since your coming from a Pixel, I'd say go with z2 since it's as close to stock as possible. It's only weak points are camera performance being not as good as the competition, and it's somewhat cheap feel in the hand. Plus it's plastic screen is easily scratched (but almost indestructible, but replaceable)

  • Love 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, nexgencpu said:

Moto z2 is also an excellent choice, and btw does have calling plus and android 8.0

Was told the Z2 only has WiFi Calling, not LTE Calling Plus... Did this change recently?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Handyman said:

Was told the Z2 only has WiFi Calling, not LTE Calling Plus... Did this change recently?

 

Yup just got the update last week..

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks for the advice.  Looks like I will be altering my choice.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Thanks for the advice.  Looks like I will be altering my choice.
 

The s8+ though does have a better camera


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, danlodish345 said:


The s8+ though does have a better camera


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have owned Motorola phones before and liked their features.

Samsungs do have a lot of annoying processes.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
I have owned Motorola phones before and liked their features.
Samsungs do have a lot of annoying processes.

I had Motorola phones and I don’t particularly like the Z2 force. It’s overheating on me and it boot loops


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×