Samsung Galaxy S8 & Dual Sim/Duos

Andrew Revering

1 hour ago, shannonbrian said:

any change in antenna strength and  holding band 41 better yet. 

Still the exact same for me

The signal bar changed to the default Samsung one which is something I was hoping would happen. The Facebook app on my phone constantly freezes and crashes so I may need to uninstall it and reinstall to get it working again.

30 minutes ago, Paynefanbro said:

The signal bar changed to the default Samsung one which is something I was hoping would happen. The Facebook app on my phone constantly freezes and crashes so I may need to uninstall it and reinstall to get it working again.

Could just be due to the beta, Sprint signal bars have been stock Android for a few years now. I do like the new ones however.

6 hours ago, optimummind said:

All you people who successfully registered into the Beta program and have downloaded the software, are you guys on the Sprint GS8/GS8+?  Is anyone on the 955U1 Unlocked Model?  

I made it into registration but my 955U1 GS8+ doesn't find the Beta update.  I tried restarting the phone already.  I got in around 10:15 AM PST.

It seems the update is not being pushed to Sprint users on the unlocked model.  I hope that changes soon.   I really do not want to need to flash back to Sprint fw.

That's not the default samsung ones. Oreo on the pixel changed it to look like the regular bars from years back.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

• Like 1

After a few early force closing issues, I seriously can't find much wrong with this Beta?? Everything works very well and all my apps work just fine. With the exception of some themes not working in SwiftKey. Not sure I can tell much of a difference in "smoothness" or speed, but I'm pleased the apps stopped force closing.

I know 8.1 adds the ability to turn off the "on-going" notifications without a 3rd party solution, but what were they thinking? It's very annoying. Sure now the user knows if something is running amok but that's not something Joe user cares about.

For sending feedback on the Beta, go into the Samsung Members app. It's now installed and has feedback area for the Beta. Very well done by Samsung.

6 hours ago, optimummind said:

All you people who successfully registered into the Beta program and have downloaded the software, are you guys on the Sprint GS8/GS8+?  Is anyone on the 955U1 Unlocked Model?  

I made it into registration but my 955U1 GS8+ doesn't find the Beta update.  I tried restarting the phone already.  I got in around 10:15 AM PST.

I am on 955U1, no updates yet.

The one thing I can't stand is the ugly white background on the google icons. Otherwise, everything seems to be running fine on my end, for a beta anyway.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

• Like 1

It seems the update is not being pushed to Sprint users on the unlocked model.  I hope that changes soon.   I really do not want to need to flash back to Sprint fw.

I am on 955U1, no updates yet.

Still no Beta update for me as of 9:50 pm PST. I registered at 10:15 am. [emoji47]

Sent from my SM-G955U1 using Tapatalk

yeah, I had some FC on a lot of apps, but a reboot and letting it sit a while and now I don't have any FCs. So far so good. 

I just registered about 15 minutes ago, restarted, then immediately downloaded the update.

In on the sprint model

Weird lol, restarted and checked and I can download it now.

Just installed it, seems to be running decent gonna restart and do a cache wipe.

Can you guys report the issue to Samsung on behalf of 950U1 & 955U1 Unlocked users with a Sprint SIM card inside the Samsung Users Beta Feedback app?

Many of us successfully enrolled into the Beta program but we aren't getting the Beta software. It seems to affect only the 950U1 & 955U1 GS8 users with a Sprint SIM.

Thanks in advance.

48 minutes ago, optimummind said:

Can you guys report the issue to Samsung on behalf of 950U1 & 955U1 Unlocked users with a Sprint SIM card inside the Samsung Users Beta Feedback app?

Many of us successfully enrolled into the Beta program but we aren't getting the Beta software. It seems to affect only the 950U1 & 955U1 GS8 users with a Sprint SIM.

Thanks in advance.

Update just now started downloading after I clicked the manual update button.  Give it a shot.

• Like 2

Update just now started downloading after I clicked the manual update button.  Give it a shot.

5:45 am PST here & I'm downloading now! Thx for the heads up.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, mrjeff said:

downloading. thanks!