Samsung Galaxy S8 & Dual Sim/Duos

Andrew Revering

From limited testing, B41 stays connected on the GS8 at a -110-115 B41 area whereas the Pixel and GS7 was mega band swapping between 41/25/26 at -115 to -120 range. 

IOTW, HPUE seems to work. 

• Like 7

So working through the phone and all it's quirks. I've found that the face unlock (you can have them all active and registered meaning face, fingerprint, iris) is the best way around having to use that rear fingerprint sensor.  I know it's not as secure, but day to day usage is going to be the quickest.  It's taking a lot of work to get over not having that front finger print sensor like the Note5.  Otherwise loving the phone.

For me the iris scanner works just as fast, haven't had any issues with it and it even works in the dark.

edit:

Seems like the more you use the iris scanner the faster it gets, I'm really digging this s8+ thus far.

• Like 3

From limited testing, B41 stays connected on the GS8 at a -110-115 B41 area whereas the Pixel and GS7 was mega band swapping between 41/25/26 at -115 to -120 range. 

IOTW, HPUE seems to work. 

My GS 7 will mostly stay connected at -115 on B-41, but the speed is horrible, like 1mbs download or less.   I had hope that a GS-8 might stay connected at -120 but you did not say that.  You also did not mention the speeds.  Hope you get better results in more extensive testing.

If anyone has a car charger that rapidly charges the S8 and S8+, please post up which one you've got.  

I ordered these wireless pads as the manufacturer says they work with the S8 and S8+.  I will test them tomorrow night. 

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01MRXM473/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I like see what  case you guys got , I am still up in air what case to go with . mine ready for bestbuy pickup

http://www.samsung.com/us/mobile/mobile-accessories/phones/galaxy-s8-plus-protective-cover--silver-ef-qg955csegus/

Shipped but hasn't arrived yet. Hopefully it'll be as minimal as the one from Samsung on my Note5. 

My GS 7 will mostly stay connected at -115 on B-41, but the speed is horrible, like 1mbs download or less. I had hope that a GS-8 might stay connected at -120 but you did not say that. You also did not mention the speeds. Hope you get better results in more extensive testing.

Download speeds matched the Gs7 at around 40-45 / 6-8. Pixel was no match for either and topped at Around 35 / 4-6.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Got better speed and signal than I have gotten here in a while. I am also able to get all 3 carriers. Very usable speed where I used to get 3 mbps at best on a single carrier.4c0ea2a3184540d2b3fa3f9fcd3a05f3.jpg295641b54cfc3791d75957a3203d7dac.jpg

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

• Like 1

I like see what  case you guys got , I am still up in air what case to go with . mine ready for bestbuy pickup

I ordered 3 cases like two weeks ago, two are clear tpu cases and the third is a clear tpu hybrid case.  

Got better speed and signal than I have gotten here in a while. I am also able to get all 3 carriers. Very usable speed where I used to get 3 mbps at best on a single carrier.4c0ea2a3184540d2b3fa3f9fcd3a05f3.jpg295641b54cfc3791d75957a3203d7dac.jpg

How do you know about all 3 carriers? Did it come carrier unlocked?

• Like 1

look at the RSRP on SCC1 & SSC 2.  I doubt if you are really getting any boost on those two.

I placed my preorder yesterday around noon from Sprint's website. Do you all think my phone will arrive tomorrow like it says on their website?

I still haven't received a tracking # which is pretty annoying but it's only 5PM EST.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Sorry about not correcting my post i meant 3xCA. On my S7 I was lucky to get B41 I normally bounced between 25 & 26. The area is somewhat of a hole for Sprint.

By no means do I think I am getting much from the 3xCA connection it was nice to see an increase in download speed. This was just my observation today and it lacks anything scientific to back it up. With time we will see if there is more proof to back up Sprint's claims of increased coverage.

I modified the OP with some links & information that we've gathered up to this point.

My original post was just a general question and the thread kind of ended up the primary S8/S8+ thread, so I've modified the OP to reflect some more general information about the devices.

• Like 2

Well so far impressed with battery life. I'm at 20hrs with 4%left. Still trying to get use to the smaller phone over note 5. I got that s8 should of done s8 plus

The s8 plus which i have is fantastic I love the smaller bezels

• Like 1