Samsung Galaxy S8 & Dual Sim/Duos

Andrew Revering

This was my theory from the get go! Crazy how it totally skewed Sprint's performance in the PC Mag testing. Good to see them go back to PC Mag and point the issue out.

Also as has been pointed out, this latest update changed the band priority to what it should be.

But even after the update some still say it lags in overall B41 performance.

This was last months update but since the new update from Saturday B41 has definitely gotten worse. Maybe a new bug doing the same thing.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

This was last months update but since the new update from Saturday B41 has definitely gotten worse. Maybe a new bug doing the same thing.

Compared to the LG G6, it's quite similar. We need to do more testing.
  • Like 1

Did you mean to say way longer now? Mine sure doesn't and B41 at 123dBm doesn't work hpue doesn't work.

Before this update it was better and now it's worse. ????

Would be amazing. If only such a phone existed. [emoji7]

I've noticed no difference with HPUE on the S8.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

I've noticed no difference with HPUE on the S8.

Sprint basically proved that HPUE is over hyped. The fact that the S7 is still faster overall even though it's not HPUE and 85% of people received the update to fix the problem confirms it.

Sprint basically proved that HPUE is over hyped. The fact that the S7 is still faster overall even though it's not HPUE and 85% of people received the update to fix the problem confirms it.

I'm not having any speed issues8e9385a5fc5ac5a98f656b45c41bb5c8.jpg

I'm not having any speed issues8e9385a5fc5ac5a98f656b45c41bb5c8.jpg

It's on a perfect signal. Go the the edge of it with a GS7 and then you will see what I mean.

It's on a perfect signal. Go the the edge of it with a GS7 and then you will see what I mean.

I have compared it to the G6 and after latest update they seem quite close.

They switch bands within seconds of each other. But something about the GS8 radio is still odd.

I have compared it to the G6 and after latest update they seem quite close.

They switch bands within seconds of each other. But something about the GS8 radio is still odd.

If that's the case then the G6 must not be the best b41 performer either.

If that's the case then the G6 must not be the best b41 performer either.

I do have access to my sisters Note 5, and after changing the band priority I found that it (GS8) held onto B41 longer. I will try to snatch it up today to compare..

But for some reason, its just not as fast in download speeds, so it seems at the edge it becomes sketchy. 

I do have access to my sisters Note 5, and after changing the band priority I found that it (GS8) held onto B41 longer. I will try to snatch it up today to compare..

But for some reason, its just not as fast in download speeds.

It's different now. With the June security update the band priority was changed to b41 first by default and somehow it is not as good as the May security update was so don't be surprised if the Note 5 is better all of a sudden.

My case for hpue was note 5 usable at -122 signal compare to s8 .i got 14mbps download at -122 before I'm s8 . The 30 percent in coverage is total bs my s8 always drop band 41 in same area as my note 5.i also notice when I show 3 carriers band 41 in engineering but not on signal pro check only shows 2 carriers. Speeds very slow still.

• Like 1

My case for hpue was note 5 usable at -122 signal compare to s8 .i got 14mbps download at -122 before I'm s8 . The 30 percent in coverage is total bs my s8 always drop band 41 in same area as my note 5.i also notice when I show 3 carriers band 41 in engineering but not on signal pro check only shows 2 carriers. Speeds very slow still.

SCP does not show CA status at all. It shows which carrier is the PCC only. For 3xCA you have the PCC (primary carrier, which is used for upload) and 2 SCCs. The PCC is essentially random to load balance between them.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

• Like 1